World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Giggling Dreams

Hey guys long time no see,

I hope you had happy holidays!

~sighs~ Okay this is about a dream I had a little while back. Wait a sec a "lucid" dream, you see I was aware of what was going on and technically it began before my head even hit the pillow. Sooo I'm not sure how to even classify this.
I was getting ready to take a nap and I told my brother to turn off my laptop when he was finished.
Now I distinctly remembering getting the biggest urge to laugh. I couldn't help it, it just busted out and I was just laughing my butt off. My brother had turned to give me a look like I lost my mind or something. lol
What was freaky though I heard not only myself laughing, but a "child" as well. It sounded so sweet and light...like bells it was just there.
Then it changed and it was a man's laughter.
That's when I blacked out and woke up not in my room...
(gotta love the fae -__-)

I don't know where I was dreaming yet not.
I was on the ground like I fell on my behind or something. After getting up I came to noticed I had something in my hands and it was either wrapped or covered somehow. I never was able to see what it was, but for some reason I was protective of it.
Looking around I couldn't even really describe where I was, but I felt a presence there.
The atmosphere of the place was shimmery (not glittery) yet dim. Sort of like underwater, but not quite. It's difficult to describe you had too see it.
What scared me though was the man across from me I never noticed. He had to be starring dead at me for a while. He was like 20-25ft away from me.
He had long wavy dark hair, was pale, and tall.
The man had on clothing that covered most of his body except for his neck and face. I never seen clothing like it before. It matched his hair and his features were odd looking...
I couldn't really see his face it was covered by bangs, but I had a feeling he was watching every move I'd make. I didn't know what to do. He was just standing there not moving. This was so unnerving. My flight or fight was kicking in and he tilted his head then. My instinct was telling me he wasn't normal highly abnormal in fact. So I decided to run, because I'm chicken s*** 99.5% of the time. Before I even turned fully he was in front of me bent looking me dead in my face with those strange eyes and no expression.
I wanted to faint so badly, but I'm not that type so I had to suffer through.
Truthfully I didn't feel threatened, but just way above my head. He gave off an aura that seemed assuring(suffocating) enough of something that was not human, but not. You get it?
He then grabbed what I had and started this tug of war with me. Oddly I found myself feeling indignant and trying to keep what I had. He seemed amuse, but I swear while I was trying desperately to keep a hold on the object he could have easily taken it from me.
He wasn't even using a fraction of what he was capable of and I felt like I was being toyed with.
As soon as I thought this he let go smiling/smirking.
I almost fell again as he straighten up and started laughing. I was so embarrassed, confused, and dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say or do as I stared at him like he was crazy. All I remember is him laughing then it was over and I woke up curious.
Do you know what dreams like this do to your psyche!?

I really am happy that the fae are alive and well, but must they keep me on constant guard/ paranoid. You'd think after all the comments I've made about them they would leave me alone...(p.s also this was the same day my laptop died on me permanently...~cries~ coincidence probably.)
lol anyway I would like to get any comments or different angles on this.

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Re: Giggling Dreams

Hi Bree!

First of, lucid dreaming, conscious dreaming and the likes is somtheing you can train to do. I had a period I was aware of 3-4 dreams per night, often nonsense dreams but anyhow! I personally dont believe there is some freudian psychology behind the dreams, except when there are fairies involved!!!:) Fairies, trolls, gnomes, the nature spirits are the only good messengers, they know everything. I had a dream once, when I were in a forest, and suddenly a John Bauer look a like troll come to me and said "we seldom show ourselves, but you can feel us".

To you dream, this fairie may have been Pan, an elf, I dont know. But the way he did, playing with you, teasing you, but with a great laughter, never meaning you any harm, seem like a nature spirit. They have the most remarkable humour, totally overglancing any attemp of human fun. the same time they work, fixing the earth, having their tasks.

Wish you many more encounters with him, and the others around you. There are many of them around you, and your cats, dogs etc. Some get themselves known, I have a friend who sees them for me, and she has seen an elf, a troll, gnomes, and they are terrific! You should walk around and talk to the ones around you, paint with them, and have fun with them!

Favorite Froud Book? Dark crystal

Thanks Troll!

True they have their own tasks. I just always wonder what certain dreams or happenings mean you know. Because I swear there are times when I feel them in a area. It's suffocating I mean you try to come into your room one night and feel engulfed by the presence of "many" unseen entities. I did that a couple of times before it was like they were having a gathering you I interrupt something. Everything is too silent and still, you feel all these unseen eyes on you. That's quite unnerving, but I mastered the skill of staying calm and indifferent during situations like that. I went and changed/ slept in another room. See these are my issues my experience with spirits/fae is well to stay neutral. I know it sounds bad, but I don't trust any of them unless motives are known or at least hinted at. They haven't given much reason to trust them...usually.
lol I can kinda identify with Sarah from the labyrinth after that experience I doubt she'll trust anything fae for a while. Gawd I love that movie!!

~sighs~ Your dream sounded wonderful Troll lol I can't believe you saw a Jack Bauer troll! That panish-elf I've seen him more then once before...wonder what he wants...

Actually they do give me tons of ideas for art, poetry, and writing now that I think about it. They are helpful...maybe I would hug them for that.

You dont have to feel either watched or interrupting, its your view. Its not how they want you to feel. Sure they do have their tasks with nature that keeps them busy, but they always want to talk to you. They want to be your best friend, companion and be like Jiminy Cricket in Pinnochio to show you the way in life:) So I think you really should hug them, they would love that, and you may feel a warmth in your chest doing so. I love Labyrinth too, but change it a little bit, as to Goblin King was a great, fun companion to Sarah who lived happy everafter in both worlds.

If you would like to know more of who are with you, you can always contact a friend of mine who can see and hear them better than I can. Her E-mail is t.rollan@live.se and she would be very happy to look whos around you and assure you they absoulutly want you around and be with you!:)

Favorite Froud Book? Dark crystal

Thanks Troll I'll look into that.

on your fairy visit and Troll's suggestion to paint with them, and have fun with them...I would like to agree with the friendly suggestions from one of my poems, "The Fairy on your Toe"...

http://fairypoet.com/the-fairy-on-your-toe.html

Hi!

They're pretty odd. They aren't like the animal kingdom where we can classify them and that's that. There are so many different kinds and we often see what they want us to see. BUT they've also been seen for for hundreds and hundreds of years and we do have some ideas about the different kinds of 'them'.
Brownies for example are short and rough looking; they help with household chores. They like simple rewards but to also not be aknowledged directly. They also don't seem to like anything beyond SIMPLE rewards, anything too extravagant insults them. Then they either leave (never to be seen again) or turn into a pesky boggart. So obviously if someone hears noises in their walls and find little chores around the house done without explanation--they know it may very well be a brownie. If you were to see or dream of a seal that turned into a beautiful, strange looking person with silvery tinged skin and big, black eyes--then it's probably a selkie. But some of them (many of them actually) we can't classify.
Now, based on what you described (tall, slim, long hair), it sounds like an elf to me. But who knows for sure and who knows the intention behind it. They can seem innocent but only to do harm or cause mischief. Some may appear to be very frightening in appearance, but want nothing more than company.
Have you seen this one before? If so, what was his behavior then like? If you want to e-mail me or add me on MSN Messenger or skype, let me know. My e-mail is scorpio_isis88@hotmail.com. I get a lot of junk mail so just put Bree or Brian Froud in the subject so I know it's you.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

I was going to ask a question about whether any of you had dreamed about faeries but it seems I can just piggyback off of this thread. Yay. :)

Last week I dreamt very vividly of a faery. I often have vivid dreams and often dream of strange beings that usually end up in stories I write. But this dream was different. Or well, the faery made it different. She was sad and I have to admit in the dream I was rather adament about taking her photograph which seemed to make her even more sad. She was beautiful and the most vivid colours I may have ever dreamed in.

I just drew her and of course did her little justice. After the dream, for two days I had some fae visitors. The first night were two pixies and the second night, the faery didn't want to let me know who or what it was. I don't often get visitors anymore, maybe it's starting back up because it's spring again. It was just odd and I am not quite sure what I'm asking. I don't usually share this information with other people because, well let's be honest, I get the "you're insane" stares. Usuallly the faeries ask me to keep these things to myself too but not this time so I thought I'd put it out there and see if i'm not alone.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis