World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mediaeval Baebes

I saw the Mediaeval Baebes in Norwich on Saturday and they completely blew me away! I have been a Froud fan for years and this is the first time I have seen the Mediaeval Baebes. I wish I had known about them before. They are the most amazing looking and sounding band!

Is anyone else a fan and have they been to Joust, a festival that they play, as I would like to go but I don't know what it is like?

Favorite Froud Book? LCPFB

Re: Mediaeval Baebes

I've never heard of them,they sound interesting tho.Has anyone here ever heard of Louisa John-Kroll?She sings about faeries and her site says she's got an album out,but I can't find it anywhere!

I have heard of the medieval baebes, and i caught a glimpse of them on the news yesterday, they do sound amazing i would love to see them live.

Favorite Froud Book? All of them!

I've been a fan for some years now. I've always been enchanted and fascinated by the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, so their music is a perfect fit for my tastes. Medieval songs with a modern spin. V. cool. Their middle english pronunciation is a bit funky at times, but I get over it.

I have all their albums and am more than eagerly awaiting the next. It's coming out July 19th! Huzzah!

I would absolutely LOVE to see a Baebes concert, but they won't come to America. Their guest book is full of inquiries regarding an American tour, but they say that they only go where they're invited. I guess I need to start pestering the local Ren Faires to invite them.

If you like the Baebes, you would really like the German group Qntal. They do the same sort of music as the Mediaeval Baebes, but they're more sophisticated. I just discovered them a couple of weeks ago and am absolutely in love.

Favorite Froud Book? Master Snickup's Cloak

I was at Joust last year, at Berkeley Castle. I was one of the re-enactors in the Children's Kingdom. The Mediaeval Baebes put on a special concert just for the re-enactors - there's a huge Living History village, plus many stalls selling all manner of craft items and magical stuff, and jousting (of course) and archery and demonstrations and battles. It was all great fun, and we're very pleased to have been invited back this year. Also, re-enactors in kit were allowed into the castle free of charge, and it's a wonderful castle (and they do very nice scones and cream at the cafe).

You should check out www.mediaevalbaebes.com a more lovely band you would be pushed to find!!

the opera babes are nice too. one of the members (i forget which and where i saw this) of the band NIGHTWISH (www.nightwish.com) is a froud fan! they're symphonic heavy metal, but they have a gorgeous clear sound. their lead singer is an opera trainee. basically, if you like trans-siberian orchestra, queen, or x-japan you will ADORE nightwish!

Favorite Froud Book? must i pick just ONE?!

I loooooooooooove Nightwish!! Which one is the Froud fan?

I LOVE Mediaeval Baebes!

I LOVE THE BAEBES!!! I heard of them about 3 years ago and can't get enough! On our way to The New York Renaissance Faire that's all I listen to! I have been wanting so much to go to joust, I have not heard of them touring in the states:( Their web site is really beautiful.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad Faeries

This is the first time I heared about Mediaval Baebes... I tryed to listen some song on the website...they're very good! ^___^
I hope to see them at live sometimes...

Favorite Froud Book? Bad Faeries - Good Faeries

Listened to a few tracks and the sound really good. Might buy a CD off the website gonna go back to it in a jiffy!! Thanks for recommending them XX

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries

I think they're a really good group and have a few of their albums (we put their Christmas one over Christmas and Yule).

Another amazing group to see (very different in genre) is the Borders Morris group Mythago. If they lived nearer I would join up:

http://www.mythagobedlam.co.uk/

Have a look at their costumes and see if you can "spot the pagan"

Favorite Froud Book? The Secret Sketchbook ... - brilliant :)

Hi,
I have just bought the Mirabilis CD and it is FAB!!! , I am sad to think I missed them when they played in Norwich, any one know when they are back?
Love
Faeriedust
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Favorite Froud Book? The secret sketchbook

Absolutely love the Mediaeval Baebes! I drove 5 hours to Toronto to see them live last October. Closest they came to my part of the world (Ohio, USA). The show was spectacular! I took some photos of the event, if anyone is interested:

http://www.catherinesgallery.com

There's a link on the 'news' page to the photographs.

Listening to the Baebes has also made me fall in love with the recorder. Many of the members play recorder, in most of their songs. The sound is so pure and rich!

I keep up with them on their website, and for awhile they've been saying they are planning to tour North America again this year, and hopefully come to the U.S. So, we shall see!

anyone know the translation to "Märk Hur Vår Skugga"???

You can find translations from their latest album on their official website (mediaevalbaebes.com) under Discography.

Favorite Froud Book? Master Snickup's Cloak

Wow, these ladies are very talented! Awesome voices! Where's my credit card...

Favorite Froud Book? Must I pick only one??

yeah seriously, and babes is right haha

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

I have a medaeival baebes CD. They're really good .

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis