World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ZOMG, FROUD MANGA!?

Anyone hear about the new manga series based on the Labyrinth and the Darck Crystal? I saw a mention of it in the Froudian news, but I don't know anything about? Any help?
*bounces up and down* MAAAAAAAANGAAAAAAAA!

Favorite Froud Book? Goblins

Re: ZOMG, FROUD MANGA!?

I hadn't heard anything about Labyrinth, but Jim Henson Co.(with Tokyopop) is putting out Dark Crystal and Mirror Mask Manga to help build interest for those new films. They talked about it during a panel at the San Diego Comic Con.

Oooooh ??! Interesting

Yays!There can never be enough good manga(but there is a lot of bad)I wonder if it'll be completely from the movie,or a seperate adventure.

What else but the promise of manga could get Kelpie to come back to the forum she introduced me to and yet never visits?
I think we all know just about as much as the news thingy said... but we all hope it's good!
I'd like to know if by "manga" they mean done by an actual Japanese artist or by an american "manga" artist. (There's a big difference if you ask me, not that there aren't a lot of talented American artists out there, but you can usually tell the difference.) Knowing Tokyopop, and it being Western films that are being made into manga, then it will probably be an American artist. But as long as the art is good, I'm happy.

is it commeing out in the uk yet

WHAT IS A MANGA!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries

A Manga is a Japanese graphic novel. Rather like a comic book.

Favorite Froud Book? Master Snickup's Cloak

So would it be a film or a comic book, you'll have to excuse me i'm a tad confused, nothing new there!!!

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries

Manga is Japanese comics usually they are in black & white. In original format, they read from right to left, rather than left to right.

Anime is Japanese cartoons or animated series.

Hope that helps a littel.

---Amy

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad Faeries

no ive here dnothin of it but i LOVE your name KelpimoonpriestessKira!!!

Ah, yes, I've heard about it. The Labyrinth manga is about when Toby is 13 and returns to the Labyrinth to become heir to the Goblin Throne. I don't know how Jareth feels about it. But the artist is a good one. I happen to draw manga, actually. I hope to make a career out of it. Is that any help?

Favorite Froud Book? All

I actually didn't like the mangas at all... the cover art was beautiful, but the storyline and interior art wasnt that great. An okay read, but not worth buying for me. =(

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad faeries

I heard about the Labyrinth manga a while back and looked it up on... Amazon, I think? I like the idea but don't like the illustrations. Guess I'm too used to the just the movie! (Why mess with perfection? )

"WHAT IS A MANGA!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????"

Ludo, that made me smile. One of my friends and I always say "what is a...?" for everything we've never heard or know the definition of. What is a 'atoll'? What is a 'pwned'? And so on.

Yes,I've read both of Labyrinyh and one of Dark Crystal,but Skeksis don't appear very much ..I can't wait to see the second volume

Favorite Froud Book? The world of Dark Crystal

I like $kekbuck$

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis