World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holly Black-Valiant

This is probably a repeat thread, but has anyone else read the sequel/companion to Tithe? I'm about three-quarters of the way through it (don't go spoiling the end now!), and enjoying it quite a bit, but I couldn't resist pointing out the fact that there's an actual Brian Froud reference in it!

The quote is the main character's best friend saying

"Faeries? Like elves, goblins, trolls? Like the ones on Brian Froud panties at Hot Topic?"

*sigh*

That, the anime, shounen-ai and bubble tea references have me hooked on this author now. All she needs to do is start talking about Anne Rice and she's got all my obsessions down to a science.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad Faeries & Goblins

Re: Holly Black-Valiant

I read Tithe and enjoyed it quite a bit,but I quite pretty fast on this one because I thought the main character was a total moron.

haha thats funny, yeha i noticed the refrence and was excited by it heh its funny

I found it rather disapointing after tithe .

Is that the title to the book or the author? (I remember those but I didn't get any....I didn't get a _lot_ of that stuff but it didn't help that I didn't have a job, arrrgh, they need to re-release some of that, at least for this site!)

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis