World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nose piercing

I just had my nose pierced today. It was in both nostrils and it hurt BAD! The first time hurt and the girl asked if i still wanted the other one, but now I regret it a bit. I kind of wish I had waited to get the other done for a lot of reasons but...
the second one hurt even more. Plus I'm premenstrual so my flesh is extra-sensitive...stupid me! I am just wondering what other people's experiences have been. I wasn't afraid at all of the pain but that was before I knew what it felt like lol. anyone here have a pierced nose? What was your experience? Sadly, I would have to say that mine was overall a very NOT GOOD one. Plus my parents didn't realize I was gettin two and freaked when I got home looking like a boar lol! so thats wats new in my life. sry i haven't been in here for a while.

Re: Nose piercing

It hurt and I was like WHOA!

And the experience was disappointing

Then I got home and my mother was so upset and I cried and was really blue

and we fought a little bit

But now It's better and sometimes i even look in the mirror and

and I don't look that much like a or a

Some things you can cry about and some things you can laugh about but all I can bring myself to do is smile.

Sounds like a definite ouch, but it seems like the end result is worth it.
The parents will get over it says I.

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

that sounds hurty for sure and if you regret the second one, take it out? or wait till you get used to it. Im sure it LOOKS fantastic, it's all a matter of how you feel about them though.

When I got my tattoo and the artist put down the first line, I had this moment of "OMG! WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?" but it went away very quickly and now I can't imagine myself without it.

I also have my belly pierced (thats my only piercing) and that didnt hurt at all. Its not a very sensitive spot though.

Well, I do believe a nose piercing WOULD hurt. I have my cartilage pierced and that only hurt slightly. I do think a nose piercing would hurt but they look cool.

You'd think by now they'd come up with a useful sort of anaesthetic for piercings and tattoos! If they can use something like novacaine for dental work and such, why can't they find a way to dull the pain of getting body mods?

Favorite Froud Book? Master Snickup\'s Cloak

Well, yeah, I knew I wanted two piercings but for various reasons I would have perhaps waited to get the second at a later date, but I might as well have gotten it now. I had a freak out moment but am vvery satisfied now!

I had my nose pierced with a gun. it was fine. it was also my first ever piercing (my mum went so mad!)
I was a little shocked at the pain, but it was quick, and really wasnt that bad.
now if we're talking about pain.....My Tongue piercing hurt like hell.....and my Helix (little bit, just above the central cartelidge in your ear) hurt lots too. guess thats the difference between flesh and cartelidge and muscle, and a gun and a hollow tube that takes part of your flesh out, then you have to wait while they fiddle around and put the ring/bar in. owowowow.
i dont have any of those piercings anymore, only one of them willingly (tongue piercing wasnt so cool after EVERYBODY got it done.) Plus i LOVE kissing, and it kinda got in the way!
piercings dont scare me. it hurts at the time, but you forget.
Although i wont forget not being able to talk properly for weeks, and having to go to the hospital after my tongue wouldnt stop bleeding!

I dunno about pain killers for a tattoo. It would be kinda, cheating your way into it. I see the pain as a way to earn it. Ancient tribes that tattooed used them as initiation rituals or for people that earned them through their deeds so while were appropriating someone elses tradition I say pay for it, in a sense. Any tattoo artist would tell you that you dont deserve a tattoo if you want to numb yourself to it.
On the other hand, my tattoo hurt like you wouldnt believe!!! Very heavy-handed artist... :(

That was my attitude at first, about the tribal aspect. That's really my whole reason for wanting to have body modification, because of the tradition of it, the historical societal significance of it etc...
Like when I was in there before I got my nose done, another girl was getting her belly pierced. I watched as she cringed and whined and moaned and worried and fretted like a little kid before the piercing took place. And then afterwards, GET THIS, she kept saying over and over and over and over, "i think that hurt." She was making it so much worse than it was! And she acted so ditzy the whole time. I thought, how silly and frivolous a thing to do. She just wants to be cool like everyone else, it's not about who she is, or any other special reason, she wants one because every other girl who wants to flaunt her 'sexy body' is getting one. How sad.
I wanted to experience the pain as part of the experience, i just didn't realize it was going to be so f***ing intense. It was kind of sad for me because I was in there and realized I have nobody with me, the other girl had her girlfriend. Nobody is supporting me in this decision in my life, I am all alone and these people don't give a **** as to what this means for me, and they don't even know or care if I am scared and feel so alone. I'm going to go home and get crap from my parents, a lot of my friends think it's weird and there's nobody to understand. I think that made it more painful....being so deeply alone.

You're smarter than I am Thistlefen, and I"m twice your age! I got my belly button pierced two years ago and after months of struggling with constant infections, I had to let it go. My motive? Midlife crises and wanting to look "cool, young and stylish" so I could impress the younger generation and not be labeled an old fogey. Pathetic, huh? I guess the infections were nature's way of teaching me to do it for me, not for the 20-somethings. So now I settle for temporary jewels and tattoos. I hope your parents accept what you did because it's hurting YOu, not THEM.It's a never changing struggle between the older generation and the younger, that the new trends are going to cause conflict. You just have to meet each other halfway somehow, at least try to have a calm discussion with them after they've blown their tops and can talk rationally. My stepmother gave me hell when I was a teenager for just wearing tube tops and tight jeans and makeup. I don't want to even think about what she would have done had I walked in the door with my schnoz pierced, lol! She would have gave me her own piercing with the spanking board she had up on the refrigerator, grounded me, made me take the barbell out and not let me leave the house till I was 30;) I wasn't even allowed to have PICTURES of the dresses and outfits I liked to wear in my room! She was pretty eccentric that way, more like paranoid. Just be glad you didn't have HEr for a mother! Hang in there and I hope things calm down for you.

I had my nose peirced to make peace with the nose I have hated for ever. I figured embrace it and adorn it! It didn't hurt so much until he put the nose ring in. My navel peircing hurt. One day after I had it done I was standing in the shower and looked down at it and got woozy seeing this object in my navel, it freaked me out at first.

Favorite Froud Book? all

That's a good reason to get your nose pierced, Willow. Make peace with it lol....
Cool.
Yeah, it's funny, i have a really sensitive belly button lol...i don't know why but if it is even bumped it hurts...not so bad that it's a problem, but it's just kidn of weird. But that is one reason why I will never be getting a belly ring! =)

I've had my labret pierced for almost 4 years now. When I got it pierced it didn't hurt at all, now I have stretched it to 10g and it still doesn't hurt.
I got my earlobes pierced at 10g, they didn't hurt and have stretched them to 2g which hasn't hurt either.
...*is a bod mod enthusiast*

Favorite Froud Book? All of them! muaha

Just re-reading over some of the previous posts, it made me giggle.
One reason that people get bod mods is for the pain - so there is no reason to dull it.
I advise all of you never to get pierced with a gun. Though it is quick it is deadly. There is no sufficient way of cleaning a gun, so when they use a gun you can catch all sorts of diseases from it. Also, the gun shoots a blunt object into your body = not nice. A needle is clean/and smooth.

Favorite Froud Book? All of them! muaha

I might get a nose peircing when i'm older, but i'd get permission first (mind you, it is easier to get forgivness then permission).

PS. and i'd probably learn to curse in a different language too.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis