World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Faeries of Spring

I was just wondering if any of you have seen evidence, subtle or dramatic, of faeries around you preparing for spring? I wanted to share something I saw two days ago while walking the dirt road alongside the woods at Lake Lowell. I brought a sack of bird seed to feed the flock of robins I'd seen there the day before roosting in several tall bushes. While I was looking up at the trees, wondering where the birds were, a slow moving, very gentle whirlwind came up right in front of me and swirled the leaves around! It even looked exactly like the big one I saw in the dream I had about a week ago, like my dream coming to life. It seemed to call the birds, because right after that, they started to fly in to roost. I've never seen that many robins before. There were at least 15-20 of them on each tree! And they let me get very close to them. Such a magical moment. I almost feel I have a kinship with them. There's a cute little black and white cat that lives around there I'm always trying to make friends with too, but no luck so far. That was a faery wind, tis sure;) it couldn't get more obvious than that.

Re: Faeries of Spring

Lucky! I wish spring would get a move on here,we just got a couple inches of snow dumped on us.
But,something funny happened to me the other day.I was playing with my new digital camera in the woods when this robin and it's mate flew in front of me,chasing each other.It's mate left and it sat in a tree and posed for me and wouldn't fly no matter how close I got.Don't know how faery-related it was,but it was cute.

Favorite Froud Book? Goblins

Re: Faeries of Spring

Well, if the robins are coming around, you know spring can't be far behind! Sorry about the triple post, my computer was being weird last night. I went to post the first time and it wouldn't go through. Kept sticking then giving that annoying "web site not responding" or something like that message. My apoligies to the moderator especially for my multiple tries getting the above to post.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis