World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brian Froud's World of Faery

Does anyone know what Brian Froud's World of Faery is supposed to be? I just noticed on the Chapters website that this was up for preordering and that it is due for release on September 4th 2007. I was just wondering because I hadn't heard of it up to now and I come onto this website quite often.

Re: Brian Froud's World of Faery

I have no idea what you're talking about, i'm sorry. Where exactly did you come about this information?

I looked on Chapters' website after reading this thread and I see it too!

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/item/books-978193378413/193378413X/Brian+Frouds+World+of+Faery?ref=Search+Books%3a+'froud'

Whatever it is, I'll definitely be buying it.

It's definitely interesting. Maybe there will be some information on this site about it soon.

are you sure your not confusing it (or the website has) with "art of faery" which has a foreword by brian froud and comes up as being by him, and World of faery? both books are actually by david riche. i wouldnt expect brian to have a book coming out if there's already a book of almost exactly the same title that he's been linked to the author already....but then thats just an assumption, as i am no longer in the loop
xxx

Well on that Chapters it says published Septemeber 2007...hmm?

Ooh in the mailer that I just got they mentioned a new faery book for Brian. I wonder it that's the title of it! Must save lots of money this coming year to buy all these cool items! Brian Froud faery book, Jareth figurine...

Yup, that has to be the new book. I wonder what it's going to be like, maybe another book kind of like Good Faeries/Bad Faeries? That would be awesome!

Anybody have any other thoughts?

I wonder what the two movie projects are going to be! and the new Lady Cottington.!!

YES, I've been dying to see new work from Brian for the past 3 (?) years. I understand why the reprints are important to people, but since I owned all the orginals I'm weary of bloody reprints.

And I wonder what the two new film projects could be? That's certainly very exciting news!

I'm skeptical about the new Lady Cottington. "Letters" was just okay. I think the "Album" was my favourite, because it really captured the Victorian spirit. The design was simply gorgeous.

I also heard he will be making a goddess oracle deck. I wonder if this is now in progress and if it will have as many cards as the Faerie's Oracle? I'm sure Morgana Moon will be in there somewhere.

A goddess oracle deck! How exciting! Where did you hear about that?

I just thought I'd let everyone know that there's a bit of new information on Brian Froud's new book coming out in September. They have a little blurb and a picture of the cover on this page.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/item/books-978193378
413/193378413X/Brian-Frouds-World-of-Faerie?ref=Search+
Books%3a+'brian+froud'

It looks pretty good. I'm excited. Is that the original cover art for the Wild Wood?

i asked brian about this book, and he wouldnt let me in on the secret! (probably because he knows i'd tell you guys!" i'm expecting it to possibly be either another retrospective of his work (up to date) or another lovely "good faeries bad faeries" style book. but those are completely from what springs to mind when i hear the title.
i guess we'll just have to wait and see! they'll tell us on here when they want us to know hehehe

OOOOOOOOOOOO. just had a nosey at that chapters site. and the front cover is from the charles de lint faerielands book. Its my absolute favourite froud painting. i want to BE her!
cant wait!

This is what the website's blurb says about the book:
About this Book
From the Publisher
Drawing inspiration from the gnarled shrubbery of England''s windswept moorlands, Brian Froud is best known for being the mad genius behind Jim Henson''s film The Dark Crystal and illustrating such best-sellers as Lady Cottington''s Pressed Fairy Book. In this volume, a long-awaited sequel to his international best-sellers Faeries and Good Faeries/Bad Faeries, Froud returns to the world of faerie with a wealth of new, never-before-seen paintings, watercolors, and drawings. Brian Froud''s World of Faerie offers us a startling new vision of the magical realm, enhanced by Froud''s own words about his experiences and insights.

This lavish, full-color book opens the door to Brian Froud''s wondrous imagination as never before. It presents beautiful portrayals of faeries that have touched hearts and minds for generations. World of Faerie is by far Froud''s most personal book, and represents this visionary artist and creator of fantasy worlds at the pinnacle of his powers. This encompassing volume is a must-have for faerie and fantasy fans of all ages, the world over.

Wow!! Thanks for informing me of that new book! I love all of his books actually...and here's another awesome book Froud made too that for some reason doesn't seem to be showing up on www.amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Midsummer-Nights-Faery-Tale/dp/0684855593

I love that one too! It's adorable, highly detailed, very well assembled and created! Froud and his wife Wendy sure are the masters of the art world in regards to the faeries.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries, Bad Faeries

i am particularly excited about this book, and the oracle, because i
this forum kills me sometimes because i cannot say that
well, that felt good on some level!!!!!!!

I was wondering of what do you think about the book "The art of faerie"? Is it a good book?

personally i had a flick through the book in the book store and wasn't very impressed by the artists in general. there were one or to good ones, but i felt the others were quite amateur. (i couldnt do better myself though!)
you should have a look at it in waterstones. see for yourself. :)

i read the prologue, which was by brian. its quite long and quite nice if i remember correctly!

I have the book the Art of Faery but yeah, some of the artists aren't the greatest. There are some really good ones though like Amy Brown, Linda Ravenscroft, John Arthur, Stephantie Pui-Mun Law etc. If you know about these artists already, there isn't a lot offered in the way of writing but the pictures are all very nice to look at.

Will we finally be able to see those drawings for the other two Faerielands books after all these years?

Re: Re: Brian Froud's World of Faery

I've bought World of Faerie yesterday.It´s the most beautiful book i've seen! I love those fairy ladies,specially Unicorn Lady and Briar Rose.Brian Froud is the best...By the way,I love his Skeksis,too

Favorite Froud Book? World of Faerie

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis