Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Players leaving?

From our squad I think the following won't be with us next season:-
Doddsy - struggling with travelling I believe (disappointed with that one)
Iain Ross
Elliot Smith
Kevin McBride
Jabba
Paul Ritchie
Paul Hampshire
Paul Doyle
Graham Gibson
Paul Walker
Craig O'reilly (think he'll sign for a 2nd div team)
Kevin Gordon
Scott Crabbe(staying as coach I believe)
Kevin McGowan
Jason Dair
Seemingly Dave Baikie was making a great play to the players after the game yesterday that for a club that had brought in 17 new players we had done remarkably well this season! If I'm right with the above then that's 15 out & probably 15 in!
No excuses next season please!!

Re: Players leaving?

We could do worse than to promote 3 or 4 lads from the youth team into the squad next season and blend them in with the experience in the squad. It's worked well for O'Reilly (learning from Paul Ritchie who was one of the best strikers in Scottish football in his day), and i'm sure there's potential in the under 19s that could improve the side.

See this is one of the reasons why we're consistantly doing fuck all.

We need some stability and can't keep changing the team en masse every single season.

There's a few of the above I'd be disappointed to see go.

O'Reilly shouldn't be playing at third division level, but then neither should Smarty. Despite him signing a two year contract I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in for him.

Crabbe is definitely moving into a coaching role next season, with the strikers.

No point in bringing in too many experienced/near the end of their career players as we'll just have to go through all this this time next year as well.

After yesterdays post match kickabout, myself, Glen, Tam and Jim P have all signed 5 year deals at the club.

When I score we will celebrate by doing the "gay dance"

Quite disappointed that these players are leaving:
Dodds(fair enough hes fed up with travelling)
Elliot Smith(good full back,thought hes had a gd season)
Kevin McBride(done well since he came in and is a good left back)
Paul Doyle(think hes a good centre half and doesnt get the praise he deserves half the time but dont think Baikie helped him by moving him about the defence)
Jamie McGowan(great defender,strolls through games,could have done with him in these 2 qp games as his experience would have helped some players)
Craig O`Reilly(hes too good for div 3 but surley we should put out all the stops to try keep him at the club?)
Would also have liked to see Kevin Gordon and Paul Walker to stay as they are both good squad players and can be effective when played or brought on.

What about our Scotland Under-18 captain who Baikie deemed not good enough ?? Let's bring Stephan Fortune back for starters and give someone else a go in the managers seat.

Who wants to watch Baikie football for another season regardless of the players we sign/keep ??!

i would try and keep dodds,mcbride and oreilly.

who do yous want in goals if both keepers left.

Dave McEwan is a good keeper, he's available.

david mcewan,ex hamilton and alloa,played for hamilton against us in the 2nd divsion.
just been freed by alloa.

Was just thinking that we should sign him,good goalkeeper.Any remember his performance for Hamilton when we played them in div 2 in the 2-2 game?
I`m sure theres a vid of his last minute save from Deuchar in the game to deny us a vital 3 points.

No theres not a video of the save.Its the goal line clearence theres a video of.I do mind him pulling off a great save near the end tho.

as one of the players leaving,just wishing the club all the best next season.

Who are you signing for Craw?

Where are you off to Craw? Staying at St Andrews Utd?

leaving st. andrews as i need to play regulary. not signed for anyone yet.

All the best young craw.You are a credit to the club,yourself and your family.Keep in touch.

What is craws proper name and what position does he play?

Good luck in the future Craw
Shame you never got a chance.

Craig O'Reilly said he would like to stay,dundee are now wanting money for him,Jamie McGowan said he will be here next season.

Gary Kelly is another who probably won't be around next season.

What about big Sam Linton and Stevie Fortune?

What about our Scotland Under-18 captain who Baikie deemed not good enough ?? Let's bring Stephan Fortune back for starters and give someone else a go in the managers seat.

Stephen has to decide between football and beer, think he will be another talent lost.

If a young lad starts to lose his way - and I have no idea if that is true in this case - then he needs an older head to look after him and keep him on the straight and narrow. If what you have said is true, then is the club aware of this, and what is being done about it?

Watched Stevie play for Glenrothes tonight against Kelty. he had a good game, scoring the opening goal in a 3 1 win.

Steve is a student with an active social life, however I have never known him to allow it to affect his football and he remains determined to prove himself next season.

Totally true "Guess Who?".

He has never let anything get in the way of football, and has the brains and the determination not to allow beer to do that to him.