Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Skitters

Anyone else having problems with their guts this morning? Those pies were more than a bit dodgy yesterday. Will we have to start bringing our own again? You'd think having waited 20 minutes to get served, the food would be cooked!

Re: Skitters

If a pie costs a £1 and you paid £10 to get into the game, then you waited 20 minutes during the game for said pie, by my calculations that pie cost you £3.22.

It makes for an expensive pie but then again if it ment you missed 20 minutes of yesterdays game then it was money well spent.

hahaha.....My post pie skitters have transmogrified into bum pee in the last half hour. I'm bringing ma own steak pie from stuarts from now on.

Plus, is there any chance we could get some water on sale, instead of bon accords finest E packed limeade, or whatever the hell it is.

Does that sound a bit poofy...?

whatever happened to bring a hip flask? Let the kids get high on the radioactive fizzy stuff...
Give me a greasy, roasting hot pie and a bovril anyday of the week at the football!

Hey TMTOMH. If I bought two pies a coke and a mars bar how much would it actually cost me?

3 hours at the gym.

Bum pee

The pie I had yesterday was excellent. Purchased from the home end pie stall at precisely 14:30, covered in broon sauce and washed down with a bovril.
Absolutely nothing wrong with my guts this morning.

Jim

I wasn't too far behind you in the queue and also purchased said pie. Obviously my stomach isn't as well developed as your cast iron one. Is that what comes from years of eating kippers at the Sea Queen when you were young?

I've tasted better pie... and it left a better taste in my mouth!!!

Meat inside the pies were not fully cooked, mine was pink and raw, Take note Fife catering staff, you don,t want mass food poisoning.

I THOUGHT PIES WERE UNDERCOOKED, ONLY ATE HALF MINE & HAD BAD GUTS TODAY. THINK I'LL GET THE ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH TO THE BAMS.

I had dodgy guts the day as well.meat did look a we bit pink,fifer baz's pie looked pinker than mine.

Did you eat his as well?

If blowing that horn is your hobby Zak, find something new!

I thought my pie was a bit pink too yesterday and that was abput 2.40 I bought it. Thankfully not been as bad as you guys today though!

Ok.catering department, and Bob Moreland, GET YOURE ACT TOGETHER B4 SOME ONE REPORTS YOU TO THE ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER. Pies on Saturday, clearly were not suitable for human consumption. MINES WAS RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ma pie was pink aye yer right zak but it filled a hole and noo its filled the lavvy.
We couldnt cope with the big demand on sat that is why the pies were not cooked also they had bairns cooking them so what do you expect.
Lets get things right next season eh.

Don't think they cook the pies at the ground. Think they only heat them up (or not).