Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Breaking The Silence

Sooooo.....summer's here. I've stayed quiet so as not to be accused of detracting from the promotion push.

Where are we, pray tell, with the promised Trust representation on the Board?

That was guaranteed no later than the summer, was it not, or was I just dreaming?

Re: Breaking The Silence

What exactly is your motivation behind all this? A greavence with the board/trust/East Fife?
Concern that we are going to be shafted? Or jealous that the club finally appear to be going somewhere?

From an outsider's point of view, it appears that you have a hidden agenda, or like stirring up crap.

Enlighten me as to why you post.

Oh yeah, not a member of the supporters club, trust, or have any connections with anybody/thing to do with East Fife, other than being a supporter in case you ask. Hardly know anybody at Bayview these days...

summer? Look out the window!

Promises were made or, depending on your point of view, feeble delaying excuses were offered (and apparently accepted my the trust).

Many supporters accepted the position because change would come in the close season. Now here we are, and all I am asking for is an update from those in a position to give it.

Is that a problem, or would you just like to have things swept further under the carpet?

By the way, Brown is still an SFA blazer representing this club and others. So he's not off the agenda either.

Yep I accept all that, but why take it so personally?
Just wondering the motivation behind it all?

The Mole has a problem with Willie Gray. Nevertheless he asks valids questions. Of course, the answers to those questions suit his agenda. But they still need to be asked.

In what way do my posts suggest I am taking it personally? Anyway, taking what personally?

I want to see open and accountable leadership of the club. Simple as that. For the life of me I can't see why anyone with honesty and integrity would have a problem with that.

I want to see open and accountable leadership of the club. Simple as that. For the life of me I can't see why anyone with honesty and integrity would have a problem with that.

Why not start with revealing your identity?

Openess, honesty and integrity starts at home, your debate would be a valid one if you were not conducting it in a cloak and dagger manor.

I'm just wondering why you take it so personally that the trust doesn't have a member on the board. The club has stabilised as far as I can see, there's good work happening from everybody involved with the club, and the close season started yesterday, so there's hardly been time to fart.

I actually don't have anything to do with the trust, so it's maybe better if someone from the trust answers fromnow on. I'm just wondering from a personal angle thats all.

I have no aspirations to lead the club, so I cannot understand your argument. However when everybody stops posting under "made up" names, so will I.

Not for the first time, there seems to be all too few posters prepared to actually address the points I make. Come on, there must be SOMEBODY who can give answers.

If the answer is, ach stuff it, just let the board as it stands get on with it and just let Brown continue to represent the club, so be it. You won't hear from me again because I'll have given up on the club, and you can all stew in your own juice.

ok colin williamson is my real name. Grew up in Queens Square, supported East Fife since I was 10. Which makes it a feckin long time now...

I wasn't insinuating you wanted to lead East Fife, just wondering why you post what you do.. Most people do not give a damn about seats on boards today, licking wounds is more appropriate.

so it's brown's blazer that's annoying you?

Brown's blazer should be a concern for all of us, if he is clinging on to the SFA in the name of East Fife FC

re-read your posts, and come to the conclusion, that you are a bit angry/bitter over something. Dunno what it is, but build a bridge and get over it, you'll feel better for it.

Brown does not represent East Fife on the SFA for a start, although he does have a position in the SFA he's bugger all to do with us.

I have no aspirations to lead the club, so I cannot understand your argument. However when everybody stops posting under "made up" names, so will I.

You Mr Mole, are the person who is going on about honesty and integrity. If you want that, then all I am saying is PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH!

None of the other posters you refer to are making the statements you are about honesty and integrity!

BTW, Dunc is short for Duncan. What is Mole short for?

Mole (aka skin blemish)has been invited several times to express his opinions at Trust meetings but has never taken the opportunity. I am not sure if it was him/her or another anonymous know it all who I invited to a face to face a few months back but they never appeared.
If you feel strongly about the Trust/club position I will be pleased to meet you and you can choose the time and place. Any organisation can benefit from people who are prepared to stand up and be counted but I suspect the silence will be deafening.

Can we please end this bickering? If you don't like what The Mole posts then ignore him. For Christ's sake we have just fcuked up our season, can we not focus on the most relevant issue i.e. how we get out of the cess pit of the Third Division

Mole? ...... Rat?...... Same person maybe, who is hooked on Wind in the Willows?

What a ridiculous theory.

Why slag a guy off for asking a valid question? Alright he is a bit premature in that summer's not here yet. All that needs to be said about his request is that no one knows, or the position of a fan's rep is being progressed/not progressed at this point. Or despite previous assurances it has been decided not to go down that way.

The fact that someone said no one is interested in board representation is simply not true as many are interested and in fact it is in the trust's articles to achieve this.

Mole, are you a trust member?

OK mole, I put my proper name and the address where most people who post here will know me from. I did what you asked me to do, and I wasn't happy about it so...

Got the balls to do the same, or do you just post stuff to cause problems?

Fell asleep, got up, went away, done a shift at work. Came back online, no post from the mole.

It is of my opinion now, that you are just here to stir up shit. If East Fife means that much to you, you would have posted a reply by now. While you have a valid point, I question the timing.

I suggest you let us stew and leave us alone, as suggested. I put my name and address on the web, which I vowed never to do, you never had the decency to respond. Says everything I need to know about you.

Mole. As usual you appear from nowhere as soon as you sense some negative vibes again to feed off.
Brown is gone. Good riddance to him. He brought nothing but shame to East Fife FC. That is his legacy.
All in the EFFC garden is not perfect, but what we have is everyone prepared to work together.
Apart from muppets like yourself of course. Who prefer the cowardly approach of sniping anonymously from the sidelines.
Answer me this. What have you done to secure the future of the club?

Angus, starve him of oxygen and he will go away.

Well, HB, my shift is obviously longer than your shift, and the inlaws stopped me getting to my PC last night.

Can I refresh your memory. I said above:-
"However when everybody stops posting under "made up" names, so will I."

Either that's still happening or there's a lot of parents in the Methil area with a warped sense of humour.

And STILL, nobody answers the question I asked.

It was not me who promised trust representation on the board by now.

So tell me this,

1) Is everyone happy not to have supporter representation despite warnings from other clubs supporters?
2) Is everyone happy about Brown's ongoing SFA role?
3) Is everyone happy to ignore broken promises?
4) Is everyone happy with the way the club is being run?

If the next 10 posters on this thread are all happy on all these aspects, you won't hear from me again (until it all goes belly up when I'll be nack to tell you "I told you so")

Could be w Gray making this post. I remember him saying when we were still protesting last year "get a few wins and the problem will go away. He soon learned it was not so easy and Broon had to go. Well we have our best season since promotion but apart from this and Brown's departure little has changed.

We still have a crap manager (remember Moffatt's initial success even though basically he was crap}. The leading shareholders are still the same including Brown and the leader hissing sid is becoming as faceless as them. Even his promoter BB has disappeared into the wood work. At the start we were all given assurances including the appointment of a board representative. Therefore it is right that it is now asked "what has become of this assurance". Or is it as usual give the fans a taste of some success and all else will be forgotten.

Alright since oor Deke's leaving with his bread bin the atmosphere at the club has never been better and there has been some investment of which I do not the details although it has been suggested it has come directly from oor Wullie. As A man I find him open and above board but the rovers fans do not seem to think so. Smoke without fire? I don't know. As for Sid boy never liked him and even though he seems to say the right words, do not trust him. What happened to his declaration that the new associate directors would be made up to full directors?

Going on a bit but hope some of you slaggers stop to think a bit and decide if you want a board representative or not. It seems not and therefor you don't wish an openness and a say in your club's future.

Oh well, so much for that experiment. 6 minutes it took....so you're stuck with me!

why are the associate directors not full directors? i would like to see them properly recognised. and why are dougie briggs (i think that is his name) and j stewart not listed as associate directors?

Mole, the offer is still open. If you have concerns about the relationship (or lack of it) between Trust and club I will talk to you about it. Just tell me when and where.

2 - 0

Still time for a fightback....

OK, The Other Chairman..

Where? ....Right here

When? .....Right now

The Other Chairman comes out with this tired old line every time. It saves having to answer any simple questions.

There was a meeting of Trust members in April to which non-members were openly invited. If Mole or Wondering or any others had a view to express then that was the opportunity. Without speaking to you face to face I can have no idea how genuine your concerns are.

Indeed, sir. 3 - 0.

Come on, Other Chairman. Spill the beans.

Not good enough, TOC.

You want to talk about it. Let's do it right here where other interested parties can see what you have to say.

This is not about you, not about me...it's about EFFC.

More guff. Answer the simple questions, for any sake. It's hardly a matter of national security. Since when did you become the judge of whether someone has a genuine face or not? Facial hair must be a bit suspect. Tinted glasses definitely - corrupt to the core. A five o'clock shadow must always raise a doubt too. What about eyebrows that meet in the middle? I bet the sight of that sets your alarm bells ringing.

And for the record, I have no idea who wondering is and he/she has no idea who I am. And you know what? It doesn't matter a hoot. We both just want clear answers to simple questions.

Starting with "Is there to be a trust / supporters rep before next season starts?"

If you don't want to publicise precise details, a simple yes or no will suffice for now.

Mole, can I refresh your memory. I asked above:-

Are YOU a trust member?

I'm just pissed at you complaining that no-one puts their name up and you stated that you would put your name up when others would. Hence I did, as believe you have a valid point, and I believe that more people would take you seriously if you came out in the open.
However, after I did (and against my better judgement), you still haven't even said your name, it's all cloak and dagger stuff again. You lost all respect from me, I no longer give a flying fuck as to what you say, and believe you are here to cause mischief.

Goog God, there you go again!

I am not remotely interested in who you either of you are or what you are, or are not, a member of.

I really could not care less what you think of me, but clearly you still do not understand what I said above. I will stop posting under a made up name when everyone else does likewise.

Now, stop sidestepping the issue and allow The Other Chairman to answer the question. This is an East Fife FC forum, not a mole forum.

Also Mole, I remind you about this post earlier -

"I have no aspirations to lead the club, so I cannot understand your argument. However when everybody stops posting under "made up" names, so will I."

You Mr Mole, are the person who is going on about honesty and integrity. If you want that, then all I am saying is PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH!

None of the other posters you refer to are making the statements you are about honesty and integrity!

If you are a member of the trust Mr Mole, then you can legitimately ask your questions regarding a trust member being on the EFFC board.
However, if you are not a member then you have NO right to ask the questions!
Why don't YOU answer the questions YOU are being asked?

BTW, you are quite a touchy chap eh?

Oh, get a grip son.

I started the thread asking a civilised question. You seem to struggle with the concept.

This is an East Fife forum.

My question is a perfectly legitimate one about East Fife FC.

Those able to answer (yes or no) decline to do so.

Is that open and transparent?

You get a grip laddie! If you are not a trust member then your question is not valid. You have no interest in it lad otherwise!

Oh yes, your civilised question, what was it again?

Here it is -

Sooooo.....summer's here. I've stayed quiet so as not to be accused of detracting from the promotion push.

Where are we, pray tell, with the promised Trust representation on the Board?

That was guaranteed no later than the summer, was it not, or was I just dreaming?

Yes, and the answer is...???

I don't regard you question as valid unless you are a member of the EFST, nor do I regard it as civilised!

Anyway, it seems there is no getting through your thick skull and I need to get to sleep. Night, night Mr Mole.

Just in reply to the questions you asked Moley:

1) Is everyone happy not to have supporter representation despite warnings from other clubs supporters? NO, BUT AM PREPARED TO WAIT TO SEE IF THERE'S ONE IN PLACE BY THE START OF NEXT SEASON

COULDN'T CARE LESS. HAS NO INTEREST IN EAST FIFE RE THE ROLE, I HAVE NO INTEREST IN HIM ANY MORE

3) Is everyone happy to ignore broken promises? WHAT WERE THE BROKEN PROMISES? IF IT'S NUMBER 1 THEN SUMMER ISN'T OVER YET

4) Is everyone happy with the way the club is being run? ON THE WHOLE YES. WOULD PREFER A MORE POSITIVE APPROACH ON THE FIELD, BUT THE LEAPS AND BOUNDS MADE OF IT IN ALL APSECTS, ESPECIALLY THE COMMERICIAL SIDE, HAS BEEN TREMENDOUS

Would also agree with Big Dunc in saying that if you're not a member of the Trust it shouldn't be such an issue for you as it won't affect you either way.

It would possibly help for the Trust to make a statement regarding their intentions/aspirations, but this may not be the place for them to do that.

Moley, Moley, Moley

You really do appear to be a sad individual I just get the impression that you have been waiting, hovering over your PC with this post of yours cut and ready to be pasted since the last time you mentioned it. Get a life man.

From the final whistle on sat (say 5pm 12/05/07) till the time of your post (11:26am 13/05/07) less than 18 hours have passed none of which incidentally were “Office” hours how were you reasonably expecting such installations to be made in such a time frame. Get real!!!

Also wait until we are actually in a season that resembles summer, give them that time frame and then and only then if nothing has been done bring up your “look at me, look at me, I was right, I was right, Ah told you so…” type comments.

Until then leave us to be depressed about a wasted season (on the park-wise) in piece!!!

I would have thought that every East F*fe fan, Trust member or not, would be wanting to make sure that certain people of certain boards are not going back on their word.

Maybe the Mole knows about WG's hatred of the Raith Trust whilst he was bringing in French managers to the club?

DB's gone, but what happens if you've now got a 'new and improved' model.

Potentially very worrying. (but only if you are a Trust member?????)

Jonathan I’m sure that you are correct and “that every East F*fe fan, Trust member or not”, will be wanting to make sure that “certain people of certain boards are not going back on their word.” And I am also sure that the situation is being continually monitored by the Trust.

What I am taking exception too and probably the majority of replies to this topic also are taking objection too is the timing off “look at me” Moley’s post, while the rest of us are as depressed as you were last week and very likely hung-over as well he is coming out with this pish.

It is only his timing that is making his comments objectionable not the content.

Btw Jonathan are you still drinking in Hogan’s???

Jonathan, if Mr Mole is so concerned about having a trust member on the EF board, then surely he should be a member of EFST? I just can't see how he can direct his questions to the trust when he can't even be bothered to answer the question of whether or not he is a member. A very simple answer is all that is required of him, in comparison to the not very simple answer which is required of his questions. As has been mentioned several times already, summer has hardly started!

On the same issue, I don't think you will be a member of the EFST either?

Jonathan did you know that Wullie gray is actually a member of the EFST???

Maybe it isn't the idea of Trusts he disagrees with but just the type of members those Trusts attract!!!

If the question is "when is there going to be a trust rep on the EFFC board" then it is as much about East Fife as it is about the Trust.

i can't see this as anybody's private business, especially as this website states "Feel free to discuss East Fife". there seem to be a lot of people running away from what looks like a straightforward question here. i would guess there is something to hide. maybe embarrassment

personally i am more concerned about last weekend's events. a trust rep on the board won't change the crap on the field

The too-ing and froe-ing of this has degenerated into slagging and to my mind more disappointing in that some are saying if you are not a member of the trust you can have no say in the matter and in fact are not even entitled to ask the questions.

If this is the perception of people, it calls into being the raison d'etre of the Trust! As I understood the Trust was formed not to serve its own interest and the interests of its members but all fans of East Fife and also those in the area with an interest in the club. One of its primary objectives was the appointment of a fan's representative on the board. Note a "fan's" rep not a Trust rep!

I don't want to slag The Trust as it gives the opposition fuel. It is/should be a legitimate and focussed voice of the "fans" to put their concerns to the board. However I have been disappointed by its performance in achieving its primary objectives particularily re the board membership. I suggested that this should be brought up at the last AGM and even predicted that if it was not voted on nothing would happen till at least the next AGM.

For those of you who wish board representation and are willing to wait ( the initial promise was "soon" then it was by the close season) will be waiting a long time! It is only by positive action that this will be achieved and all some fans are asking is what action is being taken by the trust. Their obfustication suggests to me that no action is the order of th day. It was the same with Brown's removal and it was only direct action by the fans ( not necessarily trust members) and with no initial direction from the trust that eventually achieved this.

Do I want everyone on the mound again? HELL NO.but would suggest lobbying for this to be raised at every board meeting with a feedback on progress.

It is up to you. Do you want a board rep or not? If so you must take some action.I do want to be able to tell you "I told you so"

Since the Mole refers to the "summer" deadline and it was bucketing down hail in sunny Douglas I would argue his question is premature. Possibly by several months given the climate catastrophe that Blair and his supporters have produced.

1) Is everyone happy not to have supporter representation despite warnings from other clubs supporters?

A Trust representative will be in place for the start of next season so in answer to your question Mole, yes you were dreaming. Next season not late spring/summer. Check your facts next time.

Unlikely but as I understand it East Fife were not notified of The Fife Football Association AGM at which Derrick was elected unapposed as the Fife rep. Coincidentally Derrick is the secretary. Draw your own conclusions.

3) Is everyone happy to ignore broken promises?

What broken promises?

4) Is everyone happy with the way the club is being run?

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Told you so,

If you consider the tone of the initial post by Mr Mole, is it any wonder others are pissed off by him?

If he (or anybody else) wants to ask reasonable questions, then that is what they should try doing instead of the blatant sarcastic nature of his initial post.

In any case, he was invited to attend a trust meeting previously by TOC, which is the right and proper time to ask the questions he may have, but he chose to ignore that offer. A Trust meeting would be able to discuss his points and decide democratically what should be done about them. An open forum, which is infitrated by others (you know who I mean) is not the place to be asking for answers to these questions now is it? I mean, how does one really know who is giving the answers and if they are authentic?

Now just call it a day Mr Mole (and your sympathisers) and get yourself along to the next Trust meeting.

Told you so - Please accept my apologies. I got you mixed up with 'wondering'. Sorry.

The Trust,like most organisations,has a board which attempts to carry out the wishes of its members. Discussing Trust/club business as an individual, on an open forum and especially with unknown contributors is not an option. There are,however, a couple of points I think I can make without causing a problem with members.
1)I understand that Trust membership or membership of any other affiliated group is not a measure of someones support or concern for EF.
2)Representation on the EF board is still a Trust objective and when that happens our rep. will try to represent all fans. The obvious restriction is that priority will be given to matters raised and accepted by Trust members.
3)Anybody is free to use AFTN to criticise how the Trust is being run or decisions made by trust members.
Replying to unknown individuals is not an option.

There is a Trust board meeting on Monday 28th May at 19.30 in the Dean Park Hotel. Already on the agenda is "Trust representation on the EF board".
There is still an open invitation to mole,wondering,told you soetc.(as well as all members and non-members) to attend. Given the depth of your concern it will be a surprise if you are not there.

Yawn. Lots of words, no answers. A bit like the meeting, no doubt

Will you be there ?

"Yawn. Lots of words, no answers. A bit like the meeting, no doubt"

I take it you'll just stay online and play at "I told you so" with Mole Man.

Yawn, same old infantile posts from the likes of disillusioned etc........

Wow! Three in a row, jump to it! You three would be good on 'fastest finger'.

Can I be Chris Tarrant please? Starting with the least plausible, put these excuses in order:

A) The Trust can only be spoken about by Trust members
B) I can only speak to your face
C) It will happen soon, and if it doesn't happen then, it will be after that
D) We've been led up the garden path

Wow! Three in a row, jump to it! You three would be good on 'fastest finger'.

Can I be Chris Tarrant please? Starting with the least plausible, put these excuses in order:

A) The Trust can only be spoken about by Trust members
B) I can only speak to your face
C) It will happen soon, and if it doesn't happen then, it will be after that
D) We've been led up the garden path

This is fun.

Okay I'll ask the audience...........

Em...... I don't know any of their names.....shit!!!

Monday 28th open invitation. Be there or be somewhere else. That's it for me on this thread.

TOC

Spot on!

Some of you guys need to get a life outside of the PC. Start by getting out in the fresh air , having a pint with like minded people and delving into the uncharted depths of social intercourse. Attend the next trust meeting.

TOC thanks for the info. You have answered my question about what is happening. I know that this was all you were going to say on this thread but your answer raised several points:

1. Are non-members or even members normally able to attend board meetings of the trust?

2. When this was discussed last year ie. fans rep it was indicated that there was no objection to a non trust person being appointed. Is the trust now going down the line of a "Trust's" rep who by what you say will be answerable to the trust and not the fans as a whole?

3. The reason I asked the above is partially covered by this query. Have there been approaches made to other interested parties ie Supporters club, fife ladies, young fifers, some of whom may not be in the trust, on this subject.

4. I know you may say that all will be answered at the meeting but unfortunately I will be unable to attend.

5. Will the outcome of the discussion of this meeting or other meetings be published on the Trust's website as some other trusts do? After all if we are asking for openness from the club should we not lead by example?

Mike - that's not how you spell 'sexual'

Just hazarding a guess at what kind of a person might want to try to cause trouble at this point in time.

1. Someone from the previously ridiculed and subsequently deposed regime.

2. A former trust member with egg on their face.

3. A Raith or Cowden fan at the wind up.

Cannae think of any alternatives. Definitely someone who is too cowardly to identify themself.

I'll leave my Email address should they suddenly choose to do so. Don't think they will though...

Who wants to cause trouble? All that was asked was a legitimate question on a subject that has now been stated is on the Trust's agenda.

The trouble has been caused by persons slagging the questioner rather than answering the question. This has now been done so what's the problem?

Said I was finished on this thread but told you so has asked questions in a way that I should respond to as fully as possible. Bit late tonight so will post tomorrow in as much detail as I can.

1. Are non-members or even members normally able to attend board meetings of the trust?
--Members are allowed to attend the Trust Board meetings. Non-members can join on the night, otherwise, no, non-members cannot attend.

2. When this was discussed last year ie. fans rep it was indicated that there was no objection to a non trust person being appointed. Is the trust now going down the line of a "Trust's" rep who by what you say will be answerable to the trust and not the fans as a whole?
--Trust members set the agenda for what they want the rep on the board to follow. However, requests by non-members would be taken on board. I would imagine that if an idea is put to the Trust that is in the best interests of the supporters, we would take up that cause.

3. The reason I asked the above is partially covered by this query. Have there been approaches made to other interested parties ie Supporters club, fife ladies, young fifers, some of whom may not be in the trust, on this subject.
--As above, we would hope to work closely with all factions of the East Fife Supporters. Ultimately, we wish to represent all supporters too.

4. I know you may say that all will be answered at the meeting but unfortunately I will be unable to attend.
--No problem. Perhaps at a later date you could attend.

5. Will the outcome of the discussion of this meeting or other meetings be published on the Trust's website as some other trusts do? After all if we are asking for openness from the club should we not lead by example?
--I posted on another thread that sadly, our website has been badly neglected. This will be remedied soon. Meanwhile, if a Trust member would like a copy of any of the minutes, then they can get in touch with me.

That's all from me folks!

Thanks for the info.

well moley, against my better judgement, I put my name on the block when you asked for people to stop posting under false names. Then after I did, you claimed you couldn't care less, so why ask in the first place? You can't ask for people to post their real names then trmain anonymous. That's just not fair mate....
I actually think you may have a valid point, but the way you handle yourself does not do your case any favours.
I'm actually bored with all this shit now and I suspect so are a lot of posters. You clearly have an agenda (or it looks like that).