Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
doddsy has left

wish you all the best for the future. great commitment shown during your 3 seasons(especially living in the middle of nowhere). just a pity that you stay so far away. hope everything goes well with the birth of your 3rd child (which is due any day). hope to see you in the black and gold again soon

Re: doddsy has left

Thanks for the effort and commitment in your 3 years at the club Doddsy.
Hope all goes well with the birth of your 3rd child.
All the best

All the best Doddsy - an excellent professional who showed admirable commitment to the club despite the amount of travelling involved.

All the best Doddsy mate

did absolutly brilliant considering all the stick you were getting at the start of season and after your injury which was totally unjustified. i can see why you were moffats and baikies number 1(showed us what we missed for 6 months, in the end got us a play off place, much appreciated).the guys that were calling for you too be released should hold there heads in shame. good luck

Have to admit Doddsy I was not one of your fan club, however you have been commited to the club and showed some class as the season got on, ALL THE BEST M8

i echo macca post.GOOD LUCK DODDSY!!!!

All the best Doddsy. I've been one of your biggest critics & fan at the same time! Only criticised because I could see what you were & are capable of, the run in to the end of the season showed that you are a quality keeper & I hope you get yourself sorted with a club very soon.
Gonna be strange not seeing your Mum & Dad at all the games, still think it was brilliant how they & Scott Morrison's parents got on som well when you & Scott were vying for the no 1 spot! Also nice to see Scotts parents turning up at the likes of Dumbarton, true friendship (wee tear in eye as typing!)

Aye, a' the best John.
I'm really disappointed to see you go as I reckon your game has improved steadily since you won a regular place in the side.
Pity you were always at the wrong end of the park to get decent photies of you in action - and after my telephoto lens went faulty I didn't get any pictures of you at all!!
All the best for the future

All the best Doddsy!
we'll miss u big tym nxt season m8

Good Luck Dodds !!
hope to see yeh soon again !!

Re: Re: doddsy has left

Hi Liam,
I have been on the phone to Anne Dodds (John's mum) giving her the good wishes for John from the forum. I am sending her a print out of the comments as she doesn't have access to a computer. Anne has asked me to pass on to all at East Fife her thanks and good wishes for the forthcoming season. She will not be a stranger next season I am sure, we are already planning when we will meet up at various games in the season ahead. We have made very good friends through both our boys playing at East Fife and it is not too surprising as we are football fans as well as mums and appreciate and understand the highs and lows of 'life as a goalkeeper'. It is one of the worst positions in a team because no matter what you do you can always bet you are the fall guy in the end. It is quite hard sitting supporting a team, in which your son plays, and hear the harsh comments around you. 'That is life in football' as they say and you learn to take it as do the team. Look forward to seeing you all next season.

Dodds will sign for Stranraer.