Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
LOOKING FORWARD NOT BACK

Well another season is comming for us in the third division. A new season will be here faster than we can blink. I for one feel very positive that we will win the league next term so much so im thinking of placing a bet at the bookies on it. There is a lot of things to be happy about at East Fife more so than most third division clubs. All we have to do is bite the bullit get behind the manager and the team. DB may not be everyones choice but hes here and thats that. Mark my word we will win the League next year ive got money on it. C'MON THE FIFE.

Re: LOOKING FORWARD NOT BACK

Two days after we are humiliated by an amateur team, in a deperate performance when so much was at stake, leaving our season's hopes crushed, everything in your garden is rosy.

You are either A) Dave Baikie, B) on the wind-up, or C) a simpleton.

Bit disrespectful to Queen's Park, they might be amatuer but they are an excellent side and (bar one or two players) have better players than us.

Amateurs. There is no such thing in sport today. Look at athletes, rugby players, golfers etc. They are all allowed to get expenses paid and get a daily allowance to enable them to train, travel and play, QP's amateurs will no doubt get well reimbursed for their troubles.

"reimbursed for their troubles"

I'm sure their promotion to the Second Division took care of that.

Igor - that is my point. They have better players than us, and they don't even pay them.

Exile - rugby and athletics have been 'open' for years. Those who are good enough to earn a living are paid. Amateur golfers are strictly amateur. They get help with travel expense, but golf does not pay for the food on their table.

Queen's Park players get travel expenses, they are put up in good hotels for long-distances away games, they travel on a nice bus, and they get to play at an empty Hampden. That is the full extent of their 'perks'. As Billy Stark has said, a promoted Queen's Park team is usually relegated the very next season, because they lose their best players to clubs who offer the players a wage. There are no brown envelopes, and to suggest otherwise is an insult to the guys who play for Queen's for nothing.

Meanwhile, some East Fife players are earning up to £200 a week. We are spending a fortune on players, and yet we are out-classed, out-played and out-thought by a team that pays mileage only. Ask yourself: why are we not getting value for money?

I was with you up to where you said "up to £200 per week". I think you'll find a good many of them get a helluva lot more than that (net, of course!!)

In response to Disillusioned Fifer, i am none of the three, you my friend are a cancer, youre doom and gloom approach spreads like fire. I watch East Fife because i enjoy football and SUPPORT East Fife. Support means through good and bad.I am glad that i can see a brighter future for our club and this gives me hope. I hope for your case youre days off being disillusioned are numbered, life really is to short.

And the answer is ....

C) You are a simpleton

that's a bit harsh, he's trying to put a positive spin on what happened, and look forward to the future...

What has that lovely, tear-jerking response got to do with Baikie being a shit football tactician ?

was refering to disallusioned calling him a simpleton. He's only expressing an opinion...

That wasn't aimed at you HB but PUSUPER

In response to disillsioned. Without dragging this out but have you anything positive to say. There is a site you can go to vent your doom and gloom is called the Raith Rovers Supporters web site. You would be better off there than on an East Fife site because you my friend in my opinion are no supporter. Take time away from the computer and find a dictionary and look up the meaning of supporter, its really that SIMPLE.