Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View From The Bay #2

For Sale: Job lot, 2000 East Fife 3rd Division Champions t-shirts in fetching black and gold colours. May be suitable for use in England. Free bottle of tippex supplied.

Yep, it's been a hard week for us all. But life goes on here at AFTN Towers, where we bring you No 2 in our new series, View From The Bay. Over to you, Mr Undisputed...

View From The Bay #2

I’m pretty sure I’d never heard mention of any player in the Championship in England by the name of Ray Darby. Also, I’m even more certain the Sky commentators haven’t taken to cursing during commentary or making comment on any player’s lack of cleanliness. So clearly, I must have misheard completely the other day when I was watching Sky and reckoned I heard the guy say, “It’s Wolves versus West Brom on Sunday so tune in to see the big black c*nt, Ray Darby.” …Yeah, must have misheard?

Speaking of Sky, they’re obviously very clever people, what with their interactive services, multiscreen games etc, but they’ve surely reached a new level of cleverness altogether if one regular contributor to this forum is to be believed. Explaining to me the virtues of SkyPlus the other day, he informed your impressed correspondent that you could “fast-forward the action when watching live games.” If that’s right, Wullie Gray’s bookie might be in for a hard year.

There wasn’t much to smile about down New Bayview way on Saturday. The gut-wrenching disappointment of the early Queen’s Park goal, the frustration of East Fife’s inability to stage any sort of a fightback, and probably worst of all, Caroline’s singing over the tannoy. But one thing did bring a wry smile to my face. No matter how many new faces I saw packed into the Stadium at three o’clock, when I glanced around with 5 minutes to go, lo and behold, we were back to the usual 400 that we see every home match. Did I imagine the rest had ever been there?

Well, we went into Saturday with at least a fair degree of hope and optimism - certainly we weren’t expecting to finish the day even less successful than Scooch. Ah well, drowning my sorrows on Saturday night, I at least had occasion to meet three girls. The first was from London, really into politics, says she gets it from her father. The second was from Inverness, really into hunting and fishing, says she gets it from her father. The third was from Cowden, really into sex…

Saw Dave Baikie with Tony Blair’s speech-writer when I was out Saturday. Dunno what they were doing together but expect to hear the gaffer say this week that the 7-2 aggregate defeat is a springboard for winning the league next year.

The Undisputed

Re: View From The Bay #2

"...expect to hear the gaffer say this week that the 7-2 aggregate defeat is a springboard for winning the league next year."

DB in today's EFM: "we were competing on the last day and we now have a platform on which to gain promotion next time."

I think we can claim the point for this one.