Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
goalie

Willie McCulloch is our new keeper next season,Brian Fairbairn is signing,

Re: goalie

Someone say this isn't true!! I thought we were now a forward looking, progressive club?

i hope not he it a jumped up wee snotter. Wullie diny sign him pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Brian Fairburn Thought people said that hes signed for Brechin And Willie Mculloch .....could have been worse

Don't want Fairbairn back, no way.

Been through this topic already regarding Fairbairn, FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB AND TEAM MORAL. "DO NOT SIGN THAT LITTLE TWAT"

Don't want either of them. Willie is a decent guy but we don't want to take steps back. How often have players come back and been very disappointing ? Look at the nuber of goals Willie conceded this season. Fairbairn is a luxury player simuilar to Blackadder, fine when your winning but when the going gets tough they hide.
If the club have got real ambition this is not the way forward !!

No and No!

McCulloch was terrible for Stenny this season against us! I don't want him back and no thanks on Fairbairn either!

Willie Gray said to a mate of mine on Saturday that there was no way that Fairbairn was signing.

Your mate should have told you that baikie is staying,willie and brian are signing,according to baikie.

the 1 in the know. you amaze me with your knowledge. I strongly doubt either will be happening

Told you three weeks ago that the bairn was signing again!! Spoke to him in Jacks while having a Colin Nish.

Good guy willie, should be going for someone younger plus still havent forgiven him for his clanger against Dumbarton....

NO WAY, I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT WULLIE GRAY WOULD EVEN CONSIDER SIGNING FAIRBAIRN. HE,S A LITTLE TOSSER WHO THINKS HE,S GODS GIFT TO ALL WOMAN, HOW WRONG CAN HE BE, AND ALSO HE IS A SHIT PLAYER, NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR RAITH, THEN NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE FIFE.

If this is true then our expectations for next season should be very low indeed.

SAUSAGES!!
Regarding Fairbairn I would give him a chance Weve been moaning about negative play this season and you couldn't say he was anything but attacking. Loads of folk felt he never got a chance under jimbo.

He certainly wound the oppostion up for us and had one of those special moments when he got that pen V stenny and got sent off after celebrating wi the fans. That said if it was a choice between him and fortune getting a run in the team id go for fortune

To A lady,half of east fife team are ex rovers,does that mean we should not have taken them.

A LADY - he said he'd phone, didn't he? And he never done it, did he? Men!

A lady - obviously got the knock back eh?