Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Strips Through The Ages

One of the new sections we're working on for the revamped site is an East Fife Strips Through The Ages section, but with a wee twist.

There's some good sites out there that feature computer pics of our various strips through the years.

We'd like to take it one stage further and have fans modelling these strips.

Now we're going to need some help here as not all the strips are handy at AFTN towers, particularly some of the older ones, so do people have any strips we may be able to borrow for a photoshoot?

Which then brings us on to the model(s).

Now our original plan was to get some sexy young female fan to pose in them all (No, I haven't explained this part to Mrs GoF yet ), so do we have any volunteers for this??!!

If not one, then a 'gaggle' of them would do equally as well! (I'm looking in your direction Leona, Caroline, players wives and Liam!)

I know this sounds quite seedy, in a Lounge Lizard kinda way, but it's honestly not meant to! ( ). Just to add some glamour to the site and a bit of fun and could also be a fundraising calendar for the various supporters groups.

Failing all these possibilities we could look at some of the male fans, but where's the glamour in that?!!

Let me know, either in the thread here or email me

Re: Strips Through The Ages

Seedy, yes it does sound seedy. However whats wrong with seedy. Photo shoot should be on sea wall cold wet day, this will ensure the models stand out in the strips !!!

Yeah, I know, no-one's going to buy that attempt at a cover up!

Like the sea wall idea

Not sure I'll look that good but if thats what you want then I'm up for it!

You can borrow my black 'Stevie Archibald' strip as long as I get to pick the model!

Cheers TA but got Archie's one. You can still pick a model for it though!

What I'll do later is work out exactly what strips I have and what ones are missing.

Liam, you can then pick what one(s) you fancy wearing for us

You promised.....! Aw fuck thats me outed then!!!!

"socks on or socks off?"

Well I've got every one since the Spall all-gold one (excpet for the Xara change strip the season we had the Prostar home shirt).

Most (if not all) of the ones on oldfootballshirts.com are mine.

I won't be back in Scotland till August though.

Believe it or not, have actually found a girl that's prepared to pose for us!

She's not a Fife fan, but hey!

Does anyone have any strips from the 60's or 70's (not Toffs ones)?

I've got the gold and black stripey one from the 40's, but a load of good that will do you...

Who's the Burd?

Just this 18 year old I used to work with.

So I'll be keeping you well away from her!!!