Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fairbairn Petition

Come on folks, make it known here, that we do NOT want Fairbairn to return to East Fife. He will totally disrupt a good dressingroom, and equaly important, he is NOT a decent player. We know that Gray looks at this site, and hopefully takes note of the fans feelings.

Re: Fairbairn Petition

Totally agree. No way should we consider him.

Not arsed either way about Fairbairn.

If Willie Gray does read this, more importantly, can we have a new manager in place please ?

Great Player.
Great Entertainer.
Sign Him.

Have to agree with Mike on this one Fairbairn brings something different to the team and if he did disrupt the dressing room he would be booted again.

I say sign him

Sign him!

Fairbairn in SLACKBLADDER OUT jump up and down and shake it all about. If big Wullie does look at the site

How about getting full length urinals in the wee boys room, we all know its a nightmare in there what they were thinking about when they put those wee ones in ??

I think we shood sign him becos a think he will give us something ttl diffrent on the wing which we have bn lookin for and cood gives us a bit skill also .... if he does disrupt the dressing room am sure baikie wont be shy in tellin um and tellin um where ti go also !!!!!

sign him

Don,t sign him, enough trouble in the dressing room with FATADDER.

It's not for us to decide who gets signed and who doesn't IMO.

Agreed. We all have opinions, but it aint our decision at the end of the day.

You are making a fool of youselves with this thread. The manager will sign who the hell he wishes to. It makes no difference what we think regarding players who he signs. On the other hand though, we can comment if the player fails to deliver the goods.

Dave Baikie is paid to decide on who signs so let's just leave him to do his job.

Sorry but was does "IMO" mean?

I was being a lazy beggar! In my opinion - there ye go. Also look out for IMHO!

Thanks very much. Does the "H" mean honest?

What does Thicko mean?

What does Thicko mean?......Not a clue mate.

I think DB and WG could be swayed by a petition signed by A LADY,KNOWALL and DOM.

If i were manager i would sign him

Me too.

Just been confirmed that he`s been released from Raith.

I know that I am a Rovers bawbag and whatnot, but this thread is brutal. I can't begin to imagine what I'd be thinking if it was me about to sign for the F*fe reading this.

He wasn't exactly a disaster at the Rovers either.

Jonathan, on this occasion you happen to be a R**th R*vers bawbag who is talking sense!

Nurse!!!!!!!!!

You rang Kerriann!

Not too fussed about Fairbairn returning but players who return to a club they have already played at are usually shit!

BAIKIE SAYS WHO IS TO BE SIGNED?????? Who are you kidding, it,s Wullie Gray that is obsessed at raiding The Rovers, he can,t see further than that. Baikie does as he,s told. Still a shit manager, with no tactical sense, argue that point, if so you have not been at the same games I have attended.

Admittedly at times Fairbairn was hellish for us, but he'd still be a good signing for any 3rd division team. In the unlikely event that he'd still want to come after reading this thread then you should definitely snap him up.

Sign Him!

Joanthan I'd be thinking no I won't sign for anyone whose fans will give me the the dogs abuse as soon as I get there.

And I for one would celebrate that. Clear off Brian we don't want or need you!

Yer wrong Spot, we do want him!

If you read this Brian, then do yourself a favour and go elsewhere, PISS OFF.

Do us a favour Pot & Kettle, YOU PISS OFF!

DID LIKE FAIRBAIRN ONCE ALTHOUGH HE WAS A TAD LAZY, BUT THE BASTARD WENT TO RAITH SO I WOULDN'T WANT HIM BACK NOW.

Totally agree not good enough for the lino lickers after he's tasted the air in methil fuck him

I personally wouldn't want him back,but if he were to return he'd get my 100% support and hopefully the full backing ov our support.First its Blackadder,next it'll be Fozzy as soon as he plays a bad game,then Fairbairn,if he signs.Were gau hay a team that'll no gee a fuck whether they win or lose ,as long as there getting paid it the end o the week.Steve Nick has hardly set the heather on fire since his return ,yet he seems amune ti any critisum.Iz aubody faired o Zak on this forum.

I'm not scared of Zak on the forum, but in real life..................

Stevie Nic has no had much of a chance in the team yet.

It's like he is already guilty, and he hasn't committed the crime yet. If he pulls on a black and gold shirt, he should get 100% backing. If he fails to do anything in it...

What have I got to do with stevie,Stevie knows that he has not got back to top form yet, but that is also down to lack of games,I tell him and every other player who has a bad game try and do better,nobody is afraid of me and they don't have to be,Iam just a gentle person who supports East Fife I don't have a say at the club and I definitely do not run or have anything to do with this forum except my posts.
SIGN BRIAN FAIRBAIRN,I wonder if willie will listen to me,the only thing I have done this season is to give kenny deuchar willie grays phone numbers when we were wanting him back.maybe name-dropped stevie's name just be fore we signed him.Oh and my half time attempted run.

Wiz ment ti bi a joke Zak.

am a bit slow

Enfifer don't tell me your afraid of zak

Na Zak,jist got the gold un black in yer blood mate.

Only spoke ti Kenny a couple o times on the mound in iz a gid laugh.I'm mare scared o you mate.Ye seem ti kin whats gaun on affore it happins.Then theres Jimmy Cs big lens.Then theres the Uddys.They hing aroond "Wishie",so yiv ti watch yer back wi they twa.Then theres Liam.Efter seeing thon picter o um,i'll hay ti watch ma back next time a see um.Christ the list kid gan on au nicht.Ony body else fair'd o folk aroond Bayview?????

Fairbairn never seemed the same after his knee injury
though he wasn`t the worst at rovers.Now if it had been kilgannon, wouldnt touch him with a barge pole
fozzy will aways give you 100%

Hey Dom.

So u know for sure that Wullie signs the players? You are talking shite!!! The people that know Dave Baikie know for sure that is not the case. Sure, Wullie can suggest a player, but Mr Baikie will have the final say if the player is wanted or not. So stop posting statements that you assume to be fact. Your post smacks of distaste agains Wullie and Dave.

So are you trying to tell me Baikie is the one totally focused on raiding The Rovers for players? I DON,T THINK SO. Now who,s talking sh**e?

Jablonski,J Smart, Loyd Young, Blackadder,S Crabbe, J Martin, C O,Reilly, C Smart, Plus the new signings and those being touted such as Fairbairn, McManus etc. ALL EX RAITH, ANY MORE COMMENTS?

I vote no - but I'm not too fussed either way to be honest.

Dom,fairbain and McManus are Ex east fife players,I don't think any of the two will be back at bayview,I spoke to both at the last game of the season at bayview against queens park and McManus said no,also spoke to King Kenny Deuchar and he said he will be back one day,but not this season coming.one thing is for sure he will never be a raith or ex raith player.that is from the man himself,he loved nothing more than scoring against them.

Dom. Read my 2nd post. i did not say that Dave is raiding the rovers. Wullie is talking to rovers players no doubt about that. Dave will decide though if the player is signed or not. End of.

Yes, end of m8, taking into account what has happened this weekend, lifes too short to argue over little things.

tell you something guys if yous do sign fairbairn and mcmanus together on their game they are deadly, along with another couple of strikers you could have the best strike force in the divison.

Sign Um

could be a superb siging likes ,

great player

cant match doctor deucher

Personally I wouldn't sign him, thought he was ineffective, flatered to deceive, with little end product. However if we did sign him, he'd get my full support in an East Fife shirt.

NO,NO,NO, LETS END THIS TOPIC, AND AGREE FAIRBAIRN IS NOT WELCOME BACK AT BAYVIEW.

Whether he gets signed or not, whoever pulls on the black and gold should get our full support for the benefit of the team.

I agree with Travel Agent purely on the basis of his reply being ledgible.

Would a Methil resident fancy working on a Methil-English dictionary with me?

I'll give you 2% of the profits so you can buy the fanciest house in Methil.

When Fairbairn and Macmanus were playing together Paul scored 21 goals with Fiarbairn setting up 16 of them.
Paul hs not been played as an out and out striker this season and Fairtbairn has been poor.
He was getting back to form when he was injured against Brechin at home when Levin was manager.

I would sign him anyway. Despite having a poor season at Raith i think he's certainly worth signing. Remember guys, last season the only thing we lacked was pace and not enough youth in the squad and fairbairn has both. At least we would be signing a 2nd division player and it seems the partnership between him and Mcmanus sounds really good and it looks like they're a threat up-front. I have to say some of you are being pretty harsh on him which is totally unnecessary and think he deserves the chance.
Sign him i think

Andy C 27/11. I would consider working on the dictionary if we can start with ledgible.

lets end aftn now

when people start slagging the man behind the club . the legeng wullie gray lets end all peoples comments here. he has turned this club around . so for all those twats fuck off.

SIGN HIM

"NO, DINNAE"

DO