Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
next seasons 11.(hopefully).

mcewan
guy smart tweed fotheringham
martin stewart byers young
oreilly buchanan

subs-ross,mgowan,mcdonald,nicholas and walker.

Re: next seasons 11.(hopefully).

Surely Stevie Fortune gets a look in ?

If we manage to get Liam Buchanan,I will eat my hat!

thats some size of a squad-we will still have-linton,dair,fortune,blackadder,courts and gordon,alot of players to try and keep happy.

GK - Mathers

DL - Guy
DR - Fotheringham
DC - Tweed
DC - Smart

ML - Cameron
MR - Martin
MC - Stewart
MC - Young

ST - McManus
ST - O'Reilly

Subs, Ross, McDonald, Blackadder, Fortune, Nicholas

That looks well tasty. Best squad I have seen in a long time...

Probably because its crammed full of ex Rovers players.

You spent a fortune last year, led the league by 9 points and still bottled it.

Look to have signed a 7 goal a season striker to add to the 3 goal a season John Martin.

You have been the worst team in Fife for how many seasons now? Long may it continue.

Those grapes are sour.

Give it a rest mate, it's boring now...

6 EX RAITH PLAYERS plus how many more in your squad says it all really next youll be playing home games at starks wearing blue and white but still have shite fans

Nah, we won;t be playing in blue and white, but how many times in recent seasons have Rovers had an away strip which was black and yellow/gold? Quite a few times. You want to be EF, you know you do.

yawn.....

"6 EX RAITH PLAYERS plus how many more in your squad says it all really next youll be playing home games at starks wearing blue and white but still have shite fans"

No!!!

We would bring our own fans, half–wit!!!

Some people on this forum are living on clould cookoo land. Why would Liam Buchanan want to move to Bayview and 3rd division football? He is an ambitious young man who is looking to go full-time. He has options in both the SPL and 1st Division as well as Port Vale down south. If, but very unlikely, full-time football does not happen he has already made it clear he will remain with Cowden.

East Fife have nothing to offer except money. Money talks for the hasbeens that have been signing but not a player like Buchanan who is going places.

"he has already made it clear he will remain with Cowden."

"but not a player like Buchanan who is going places."

Make your mind up

Try not cutting paragraphs to change the context of what is being said. Liam will go full-time but in the very unlikely event that this does not happen he will stay at Central Park. Cowden can offer 2nd divison foootball East Fife can't. Simple concept and the same reason David Hay turned down a move to Bayview despite being offered double the money. Therefore a player with ambition is always going to choose higher level football ahead of East Fife. Get over it.

You do realise both teams will probably swap places next season?

Liams agent - aren't agents meant to look after the players interests first & foremost so securing him the best deal possible?
Good luck to the lad and I hope he does get a full time deal. Personally, I'd prefer East FIfe to try and secure O'Reilly.
You sound awfy like a Cowden supporter and a sad pathetic one at that. Suspect you're not an agent just another anti East Fife or Wullie Gray bitter person.
Get a life.

All I am saying is that Liam Buchanan will not be joining East Fife - FACT. Take my word for it. Nothing anti-East Fife just the truth of the matter.

Young players with a chance in the game will always look to better themselves. Just like Craig O'Reilly who will only sign for East Fife if he cannot get a move to a higher level than the 3rd division. That is life. East Fife are a 3rd division club whether you like it or not and are therefore not an attractive option for guys like Buchanan.