Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
R.I.P ALEX SCOUGAL R.I.P

Alex passed away last night due to a car accident. We will all miss you alex lost but not forgotten

Re: R.I.P ALEX SCOUGAL R.I.P

Is this a wind up or what. If it is it's in very bad taste.

not a wind up a dont know the boy,but there was omething on the radio about a teenager alex scougal died in a car crash

All true just been confirmed by Gary MacAlpine.

What a tragedy. On the eve of a Cup Final as well...

should the final still go ahead ?

Just been told game has been called off tomorrow as mark of respect.

Terrible news, condolences to his family, friends and team-mates.

Folks,

I'm due to run the line at the game on Sunday but have not heard anything about it being called off.

Very sad news indead.

If I hear anything offically, I will let you know

It has officially been called of

In response to the tragic news, and after discussions with Livingston FC,East Fife FC announce that our game tomorrow will not take place.Our thoughts are with Alex Scougalls' family at this sad time.

Dave

Thanks for letting us know. Will let The Ref & other officials know. Mike

Tragic.

R.I.P.

Just wanted to pay my respects to the wee man. Absolute joy to play with and an even better person to be around, always smiling. I'm sure I speak for all the boys when I say he'll be sadly missed and my thoughts go out to Mr. and Mrs. Scougall and the rest of the family.
Rest In Peace Scougsy. X

That is absolutely tragic news. My most sincere condolences go to his family, friends and team mates.

The true meaning of the word tragic.

R.I.P.

Stunned and shocked to hear about his death.

All my thoughts are with Alex's family at this terrible time.

Rest in Peace Alex. You will be truely missed by all who knew you.

Rest In Peace.

R.I.P

Awful thing to hear about anyone dying but especially with someone so young. As Kerriann said this is tragic not some team losing a game or missing out on a cup or whatever. Condolences to the family and friends.

Rest in peace.

very sad news indeed. Thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Stunned to hear this R.I.P

Very sad news, my thoughts are with the family at this difficult time. God bless.

Sort of puts a lot of things into perspective regarding football doesn’t it???

A young lad with everything in front of him…truly sad.

Rest In Piece Wee Man,

Condolences to your Family.

Very sad news thoughts are with his family,friends and team mates.
Agree with Kerrian and Stewart this is when tragic is the rightful meaning not when a team loses or doesnt get promotion.

R.I.P

I'm absolutely stunned.
I was talking to Alex last Saturday about the League Cup Final. He was really looking forward to it.
I just don't know what to say.
Rest in Peace, Alex. You will be very sorely missed by all who knew you.

Truly a tragic turn of events. My thoughts are with Alex's family and everyone who knew him.

Cant believe this has happened he only picked Jordyn up on Thursday happy laddie full of enthusisiam about football, the team will not be the same without him all the boys are thinking about you son, and your poor family you are going to be missed more than anyone will ever know, I know you will want the boys to beat Livingston and they will do it for one good reason and that is you. RIP xxx

Terrible news, what a waste of life. RIP.

Sad news, RIP wee man from all the Livi supporters.

Is there anything going to be planned at the Club and/or stadium for fans to pay their respects, leave scarves etc?

We would all like to think the East Fife management would do something to remember such a good guy and player 3 mins silence and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I think all the lads are taking this hard and cant believe the reality of such devistating news, many thanks to the Livi players/supporters for their kind remarks. miss you already Alex, forever in our thoughts.

Just heard this tragic news.

Sincere condolensces to the boy's family and team mates. So sad that a life is lost so young.

RIP Alex.

We would all like to think the East Fife management would do something to remember such a good guy and player 3 mins silence and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I think all the lads are taking this hard and cant believe the reality of such devistating news, many thanks to the Livi players/supporters for their kind remarks. miss you already Alex, forever in our thoughts.'

No wonder you are all taking this so hard. It is almost inconceivable to comprehend that one of your mates is no longer here. No matter what age you are, it's hard but when you are young, you don't think of death.

I've said already in this thread that this is tragic and it really does go beyond that.

TO ALL THE U19'S - he was your mate, team mate and probably to some, more than that - We will as supporters, come up with something that we all think is fitting for this sad, sad loss. Let's work together to figure out what is best.

Just read about it in the sunday post,absolutely gutted my deepest sympathy to all his family and friends.God Bless You Alex.

Tragic loss at a young age.
RIP

As a Livingston fan may I just add my condolences to this thread.

Was looking forward to a good game today and it is sad that such a young player will not be able to experience his cup final of that level.

My thoughts and prayers to his family, his fellow squad members, friends and all who knew him.

sad news that and my condolences go to his family R.I.P

puts it all into perspective. Condolences to the family.

My thoughts are with family un friends at this tragic time.R.I.P Alex.

words cannot describe how much u will b missed m8, u were a pleasure 2b with on and off the field and that am sure is the feeling from the whole team! a gr8 player with so much potential. we wil miss u chief R.I.P Scougo R.I.P

They say memories are golden, well maybe that is true,
We never wanted memories, We only wanted you.

A million times we needed you, a million times we cried.
If love alone could have saved you, You never would have died.

In life we loved you dearly, In death we love you still,
In our hearts you hold a place no one else could ever fill.

If love could build a stairway and heartache build a lane,
We'd walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.

Loved Him Father we entrust our brother
to your mercy. You loved him greatly in this
life: now that he is freed from
all its cares, give him happiness
and peace for ever. Welcome him now into paradise
where there will be no more sorrow,
no more weeping or pain, but only
peace and joy with Jesus your Son,
and the Holy Spirit
for ever and ever.

Amen. R.I.P. Alex.

Nothing we do can bring Alex back, but a great tribute to the lad would be to win the league in his name next season.

RIP Alex

Tragic news.RIP.

RIP scougsy wee man...you'll always be missed xxxx

Your name will live with all of us. RIP
Thoughts go out to all family & Friends

R.I.P

Absolutely horrible.

R.I.P

Sincere condolences to family, friends and team mates of young Alex.

Life can be very unfair.

R.I.P.

I live less than a mile from the accident scene and driving past last couple of days nice touch to see a signed East Fife jersey hanging amongst the other footbll related tributes.

Condolences to all family and friends.

We'd like to thank everyone for thier condolances
i hope you dont mind but iv took Alex top down since it has number 9 and tht was alex number,
As it means alot to me and i would like to treasure it.
Thanks again
Alex Scougall

Ps. When i know arrangements for the funeral i will let yous all know thanks.

Terrible news. Rest in peace man.

Tell me there is a god when something like this happens to such a young lad full of life and prospects the Scotland squad have lost a good player
we will never forget you Alex look over us and we will feel safe and we are bound to win with you looking ahead for us luv u mt8

Duncan Kean and John Gilchrist from Easthouses Boys Club would also like to pass on their condolences and thoughts to Alex's family and friends.

Dont know the lad but gutted r i p young man thoughts with your family.