Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Possible new signing

Just been speaking to a RR fan-apparently a massive admin cock-up concerning the registration of their new players.Players who thought they had signed , including Paul McManus ,have not legally signed and the club has had to ask the players concerned if they still wish to sign.
East Fife have got wind of this and apparently have made an EXCELLENT offer to the said Paul McManus.His decision,1 way or another,has yet to be made.

Re: Possible new signing

Hope we can sign him,good player

That would be excellent.

Whover knows about this one - keep us updated.

Doubt it

I have heard that your esteemed chairman who was at raith and now runs yous has been tapping up our players.It is a rumour but strong one through here and he has tried to sign most of our players but mcmanus is almost certainly signing for you.

Assume thats you Gav

My informnation is similar to that you have posted on the Rovers site.

Once again we are involved in admin problems and as a result McManus is moving to East Fife.

Well done East Fife on signing a prolific goal scorer. Mind you 8 goals a season is 8 more than John Martin will score.

TYpical Rovers blunder if this story's true and it's all very embarrassing. However, I'm not sure McManus would've been first choice next season anyway so on the playing field I don't think the loss will hit us too hard. Mark Campbell and Marvin Andres had a better strike rate than McManus this season.
He'd probably do a good job in division 3. As Levenmouth Rover said, he'll certainly be more of a threat than John Martin.

LEVENMOUTH ROVER is that you bob and where did you get your info about this mate.

Gav

Levenmouth Rover is in disguise and although we both know who he is, he will not be allowed to divulge information as to his identity.

It is too dangerous for the two of us living in the middle of bandit country.

Can I interupt this Raith Rovers greeting meeting to ask if we have dropped our interest in Gary Sutherland at St Andrews Utd?

Of course it's Bob, he's those Rovers tinted glasses for so long now he cant he has to lament on other teams problems cause he can't see those of his own team!!!!

Oi Rovers c@nts fuck off to your own site, you knobends

Yeah fuq off.

its now on the rovers official site and there could well be a chance of mcmanus joining us.

And here it is....

There is speculation about the status of Paul McManus at Raith Rovers. The Club would have preferred to have waited until the matter had been resolved before making an announcement but in the interest of openness with supporters it has decided to issue this interim statement.

Raith Chairman Dave Somerville said “ It is possible that errors were made in processing the paperwork related to the signing of Paul McManus and as a result the Club is in dialogue with the Scottish Football League in order to clarify the matter. It should be stressed that the situation did not affect the terms that Paul agreed to. A simple resolution would have been to re-submit the paperwork and Paul was given the opportunity to do that in conjunction with the Club. He did not avail himself of that opportunity and has had what can best be described as a change of heart as regards his future at Stark’s Park.

Once the matter has been resolved a further statement will be made, However one thing is clear---Raith Rovers is only interested in people being at the Club who are committed to and wish to be part of the Raith Family.

Manager John McGlynn is not unduly concerned with current developments and continues efforts to strengthen his side for next season.”

Lookin good!

The Raith Family eh.

I can sense a new cartoon strip for the site

Was reading a post on the Rovers official site last night along the lines of "how many times have those shitstirrers on away from the numbers wound some of you up this season?".

Nice to know we're doing our job

Ah, the Linos eh? They are funny. I don't care if McManus has signed for us or not, because this has entertained me enough already. Good on you son!

Raith Rovers FC, providing a laugh along Methil way since 1883

Ah mon cheri, do not deezpair or peesh ze lino. Eet eez I, Oncle Claude Anelka.

Az you all know, mon petite lickers de lino, ah have many tres bon contacts with some French amateur teams. Perhapz you would like me to sign you a receptioneest who can both play up fwont and process playeerz contracts at ze same time, non?

Paulo McManus! Wassa marra you, hay, why you no respect? Hey! Ah sharruppa ya face!

It's a Bigga Toni fromma da garage, eh. Paulo McManus, I'm a gonna taka your place up front, eh.

Unbelievable, you've got some cheek Anelka. You ruined us you froggy muppet. It's your fault all our best players like Pauly, Fairy and Dairy are joining East Fife.

Do any of you actually realise how much this doesn't matter to us Raith fans?
Sure Paul gives it 100% each game but if he wants to line his pockets playing in a shite league (division 3) for a shite team (EF) then hes more than welcome to. It just shows hes not intrested in playing for a team as opposed to greed.
So, the moral of the story is that:
-Paul McManus can go if he wants
-Willie Gray is an arsewipe that is obsessed with Raith
and finally...
-East Fife are the laughing stock of Fife...even Cowden are better than you lot!

Think thou doth protest too much.

"Do any of you actually realise how much this doesn't matter to us Raith fans?"

You aren't half going on about it on a few different forums.

Is John McGlynn on a contract?

Praise ze Lord, I say paaahraize ah ze Lord.
I have had a dream and the Lord has told me to sign for ze Pars. The admin cock up is a sign from above.
Paahraize ah ze Lord.
Amen.

Jeez, all the band members want to put it on record that we hate Paul McManus.

I mean imagine promising to play on the hallowed turf at Starks Park then not following through on the promise? I mean, what kind of man is he?

I think it is just as well that he does sign for us, because clearly he is just not good enough for the 1st Division!

When I become PM I pledge to take Raith Rovers all the way to the SPL.
Under New Labour, admin cock ups will become a thing of the past. We will secure the roofs on all the stands. There will be zero tolerance to players signing for more money from smaller clubs. Kirkcaldy will have the lowest unemployment rate in Britain.
I will personally donate £3000 from my own pockets. I will secure top rock acts to play at Starks Park.
Vote for me, vote New Labour.

What was the last good thing to come out of/ go into Methil (to the person who is going on about Gordon Brown? Anelka, Big Marv)

The Scottish Cup?

Something that has never been seen anywhere near Kirkcaldy.

rrfc89

Wake me up when you've finished ...yawn!!

Bucket.

HA HA its hilarious getting slagged off by a 3rd div pub team full of ex rovers players.No history, no support, no club, if willie g has his way and as for poaching players well its happening.We came on to enlighten you and try to tell you what was happening as regards a possible east fife signing.All we get is abuse well f--k off then and enjoy 3rd div trivial football

can i ask you goons when did you win the scottish cup and in fact when did you last win anything

3 League Cups and a Scottish Cup.

No history.

Is that a joke ?

AYE BUT HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT

History is all relative mate, a bit like yer wife before you married her.

A bit ov sour grapes from our "neebers" me thinks.They were all delighted a few weeks ago when he was ti sign a 2 year contract,now they are saying that he prob wouldn'y get a game fer thum onywy.He only scored 7 goals for them this season,yet they forgot ti say that he was oot injured fer a long spell.What other one ov there strickers scored more than that?????,Apart from the preacher and there central defender.There strickforce,they were hopein for next season was Mcmanas+Hissy or a guy that yous'd ti play fer Herts,thats no even put pen ti paper yet(Weir).Tell ye somehing,Wullie Grays dain a really gid job o pissing thum aff au the same.Thing iz,they ALL forgot ti say how Mcmanas shafted us bi signing fer thum a minute affore the deadline when he played fer us.We asked fer £20k or somehing un ended up wi £5k.Personaly,a couldn'y care less if he came or no.I'd rether the money/wages went ti get Bucks fi Cowdung.
Oh un "greeting faces",you'll prob end up wi wee Temps on loan fi Herts.Mind,ye heard it here first.

i cant't belive you think you'll get Buchanan.
He'll be in the 1st or SPL next year.

Mare chance o coming ti us thun you lot onywy!!!!!!

East Fife Division 3 Champions 2006/07

Doh!!!

Lets face facts here boys. If he has signed for us, it's because he obviously sees the writing on the wall at wraith. We're building a team for the league, and he obviously wants in on the action. They can't organise a piss up in a brewery, and if they can't even register a player properly, what does that say about the running of the club.

Sour grapes mak an affy whine ye ken

we'll see about that. Or there might be another reason about McManus, hes a greedy bastard and is keen to share Willie Grays ideas of trying and failing to beat raith...then going bust.

so what if he comes to us for more money, I would leave my job in a second if I was offered more money and so would you.

Build a bridge and get over it mate, bitterness will only eat you up.

I had wanted to keep of this site, honestly, but....

Mcmanus is walking a tight rope here, RRFC whether you like it or not offers at least the potentiality of 1st division football in two years, EF at best can offer the potentiality of secon division football in two seasons - this is not disrespectfal to EF in any way, just plain fact - now, Raith are trying to go for the 2nd div title this year as EF are going for the 3rd, it is not through lack of ambition that RRFC are going to lose Mcmanus.

For me thats a key word - ambition, Mcmanus has always said he wanted a shot at the bigtime, the chances of him acheiving this with either club is slim, however he's got more chance of being spotted playing well for Raith in the 2nd/1st than at EF in the 2nd/3rd.

If Gray has a rovers fixation and is obsessed with getting one over on us (as has been alleged by several guys from both sides) then EF fans should be worried, if this mans sole ambition for EF is to be used as a blunt instrument to torment RRFC with then that is extraordinarily petty and short sighted, he could have got a striker of the same quality from another third division side - or possibly higher - for much less money than he is shelling out on Mcmanus. It had to be him though, because he's a rover, if Hislop or Carcary had not re-signed their contracts it would have been them. Thats not ambition on Grays part, he wants out of the third because Rovers are in the second, otherwise if we were in the third with you he'd be happy, shelling out cash to beat us.

While in some cases this is mildly irritating for RRFC fans it should be of some future concern to EF fans about Grays overall intentions. That and who will eventually foot the bill fro EFs shot at Rovers bashing.... hint, it won't be gray.

Renton

I'm impressed with the way you jump from hypothesis to conclusion without any intervening process of analysis or providing evidence.

You're not a politician by any chance?

Eugene, would you care to clarify which bits and I'll see if I can put my point across better

Right that's it! I've told my mum on yoos and she says that yoos have to hand back oor player or she is coming along to bang yoos. Everyone in my street says that she has bangs a different boy from Methil every weekend, so yoos better watch oot.

Renton

Take out every statement which is unsubstantiated and every term that is subjective then see if there's anything left.

ciao

To be fair thats a bit of a chicken response. Why dont you ask him to clarify the bits in question instead of a general crap reply like that?

Eugene is spot on.

East Fife in hunt for striker McManus
EAST FIFE yesterday confirmed their interest in signing Raith striker Paul McManus after an administrative error at Stark’s Park left him open to offers earlier this week.

Referring to comments made by chairman Dave Somerville on the matter earlier this week, a spokesman for the Methil club said, “His statement would indicate that Paul’s time is up there.

“Obviously if someone with Paul’s undoubted ability became available this would be of interest to Dave Baikie as he builds his squad for the coming season.”

Manager Baikie is on holiday but is known to be an admirer of McManus, having had a bid knocked back for the striker in January.

Although he was offered the chance to resolve the matter by re-signing on the same terms offered, McManus declined the opportunity and will now almost certainly put pen to paper for East Fife.

Meanwhile, the Methil club are also in the race to sign former Peterhead goalkeeper Paul Mathers.