Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2007/08

Hello! I am a Rovers supporter, who has been to Bayview a fair few times in the past. One of my very good friends use to play for you a few seasons back – and apart from that I have found East Fife to be of interest regarding the stadiums location & the ever present impact the wind has on your home matches.

I am here to put my point over about Willie Gray. I just don’t want east fife to be left in the same mess Willies ‘consortium’ left our club in. I have noticed that a lot of you talk about ‘Willies money’, I want to put this in right here and now – Willie Gray may give you soft loans, but he will leave with – at very least – every penny he invests. Please don’t be under any illusions about selfless investment – it won’t happen.

From what I hear, the current investment is being made in the club, whilst the directors attempt to sell a piece of adjacent land. If the sale is pulled off, you will all be laughing! By all accounts its worth £4million! I hope the sale does indeed go thru…

As for next season, you have a great signing in Fozzy. I feel he will do a better job for you than us. Your team looks as if it needs a role model – and you have one.

McManus is a player that looks as if he is now yours. Im a little pissed about the whole situation around this. It seems very underhanded – which is a shame. I would have liked him to stay, but I don’t feel he could anymore. He should do an OK job for you, hopefully your team will help him re-discover his scoring form.

I implore you to keep up your trust’s fundraising. I know, in a time where ‘big’ money is coming into the club, it is easy to forget the aims of the trust. Gray will leave the club, or the money will dry up - you will be in need of the trust! It would make sense for your team to be run by the fans. I feel this will also encourage a wider fan base to the matches!

Good luck for 07/08!

Re: 2007/08

Good point about the trust. I'd hope that promise of a trust rep on the club board can be realised soon.

Yeah right! The club won't suddenly decide it is now time for a rep from the fans. You will need to fight for this. Or do you think there is such a big turn-around in this since Brown's departure? If so you are living in fairy land.

You all seem to be forgetting (in other posts too), that WG was going to quit after the first QP game at Hampden. With all the millions you are saying he is looking to make out of the land assets, quitting over a spat with Brown, doesn't make him much of a hard nosed businessman to me. Surely, he would have hung in no matter what Brown was annoying him with if he was solely after the potential profit? It was the support of the fans that changed his mind, if I remember correctly.

I for one am glad he is with us!

I am too, glad W.G is with us. It's time to stop this slagging off and leave the club to get on with winning the title next year. I have for the 1st time since King Stevie A a sense of optimism in the future of East Fife and it's time now for everyone to do the right thing and get 100% behind the club and especially the team. Let every department associated with the club get on with what they do best. Let the directors direct, let the catering cater and let's do what we do best, support and encourage the team. Let's have no more in depth questions regarding land, soft loans and all the hearsay and scaremongering.

Let's get the East Fife Mail to do a middle page spread near the start of the season with a quality team photo and an encouraging editorial on the teams hopes for the season. Even a couple of glory days photos and comments to show that we were once a side to be proud of and can be again. Livingston, Gretna, Caley Thistle, Ross County all proved it can be done. Let's make sure people in the community know that we mean business and do all we can to get them to Bayview and not criticise them for only coming to the big games. Remember, It takes more than one good league run to increase a diehard support. It takes many seasons of success. I know, because i was part of the 1500 diehard support we had in my school days in the sixties and that was only 10 years after the last league cup win. How many diehards now? 400??

SO, COME ON GUYS, GALS AND KIDS. LET'S HAVE GREAT SEASON AND TEAR THIS LEAGUE APART.

P.s
The away games are brill. What a busload. The best.

Even the players are praising the away supporters that are going on the bus.
Have only been on about 4 times,but will be a regular next season.....what banter!

The train travelling supporters are also very vocal.

And those who go by car (once they get to the ground). And that is without a drink!