Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Alex Scougall - A Tribute

Been wanting to put together a piece on Alex for the site as a tribute to him.

Sorry it's taken a bit longer than I'd hoped but it's up in the News section HERE now.

It's not as complete as I would have liked, as info on his Pars days has not been easy to get hold of, so it may get amended but I didn't want any more time to pass before we put it up.

Thanks to Leona for her help and also Duncan Kean and John Gilchrist at Easthouses Boys Club and I'm sure you won't mind Jim that I used some of your photos.

If anyone has any other info that would be good for it, then please get in touch.

This is for you Alex. You're still in all our thoughts.

Re: Alex Scougall - A Tribute

Absolutely no problem with the photos, Gof.
I'd just like to put on record what a smashing guy Alex was.
I've attended one or two under 19 games this season(with camera of course!), and obviously got a few pics of Alex as he was always in the thick of the action. Alex e-mailed me and asked if I could forward any decent photos I took of him in action, and obviously I was delighted to do so.
One quite recent memory I have of him is after a friendly at Byron Park, against (I think) Grieg Park, when I tried to help out by carrying the net of balls, some other equipment, and my camera stuff back towards the pavilion. Alex, after shaking hands with the opposition, ran towards me and relieved me of the net of balls. Obviously he didn't want some 'auld geezer' like me to be carrying too much stuff!!
At our last game of the season, I spied Alex and fellow under 19 Jordyn Sheerin at the mouth of the tunnel before the game started and chatted to the both of them about the forthcoming U19 League Cup Final. It was Alex that informed me that the game had been postponed for a further week.
Less than a week later, Alex was taken from us in tragic circumstances.
Alex, I only knew you for a very short while, but I will always remember you. RIP pal.

GoF - that is a lovely tribute. I've posted on the Bebo site too.

I'm such a big girl when it comes to things like this and find that, even though I didn't know Alex, I cry when there is such an injustice in life.

The true meaning of a tragedy. Thoughts to all who knew him.
RIP
Kerriann

Nice touch, well done to all involved.

Well done GOF and any others involved. It is all too easy to make sympathetic noises and leave it there.I did not know Alex but I am sure this is a fitting tribute.