Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mcmanus

Paul mcmanus has signed a 3 year deal with East Fife ( in the daily record today)

Re: Mcmanus

Glad this has been tied up, great ambition from the club and if we can pair him up front with O'Reilly next season the goals will by flying in.

Does ayone get the feeling that this is going to be a glory year for the Fifers? I know that we can never afford to be complacent, but surely we have to be favourites for the league, especially if we add a couple more quality players to the team e.g. signing O'Reilly etc.

superb-a 3 year deal.

any chance of the official site updating players signed for next season.

Also from the daily record today:
"PAUL MATHERS has quit First Division new boys Morton for East Fife.
The keeper moved to Cappielow last season after being axed at Peterhead."

shows pauls ambition signing for a 3rd div team

Ambitious players sometimes take one step backwards to go forwards, he might be joining us in the Third but we are not planning on staying there. And you won't get a sniff of the Div2 title this season.

Airdrie, Ross County, Ayr, Brechin and Queen's Park will all finish above you.

FFS, I come on here to read about East Fife stuff, not about wraith stuff. If I wanted tho do so, I would look at the finger paintings/crayon sketchings on a wraith site.

It was bad enough when it was just J, RR1 and levenmouth rover, but this is just crazy. I'm actually looking on them as honourable Fifers now in comparison to the new invasion.

Dummy well spat out.

What is it with these sad RR tossers? They must lead pretty dull lives spending so much time on another club's website. They are either immature teenagers with no mates or have some deep rooted psychological problems.

Great news about Paul McManus, mayby just mayby Champions 07-08, cmon the Fife

sorry to bust your bubble boys pauls no signed yet as hes still on holiday, and hes not had word back from the sfl but itl no be long now.

Let's not get carried away for next season just yet. What is good though is that we should have more or less the squad the manager wants in place well before pre season training gets underway.

Just for the record - when did you lot last win a league championship?

AHEM!!!!!!!!The Scottish cup ever been seen with scummy rovers colours on it nah didnae think so

The board at Raith Rovers have agreed that they no-longer wish Paul to be part of the team. They have, however, approached the SFA & the SFL regarding 3 points;
1. The underhand negotiations by the player
2. The original contracts legality. Although the player had not been registered with the SFL, he had committed – in writing – to Raith Rovers
3. East Fife’s non-declaration of discussions with the player. Willie Gray was, seemingly, specifically asked if he were talking to Paul. He denied it.

Raith Rovers are after a transfer fee for the player. This is understood to be a favourable conclusion by the club and the SFL. The likely hood is that this will be going to a tribunal. As the player was understood to be committed for 3 years, the math indicates that the fee of £45k will be applied (15k (pauls estimated yearly value *3).

Hmm, as Rovers got McManus from us for a pittance at a tribunal a few years ago seems only fair we get him for next to nothing this time.

Mind you SFLRef, you're talking a load of shite.

Is SFL Ref another name for Colin Brown ?

Mike Gill maybe?

if they contract was deemed void then there is no contract under any terms

as jim royal would say signed for 3 years my arse, hes still on holiday.

He is still in Mexico.
Now if he has put pen to paper lets see the fireworks at the sfl fall on you lot.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, RR1 for highlighting this. You are right, Gray really needs some fireworks to come falling on him!

I heard that when Willie was on holiday, he went into a McDonalds and OPENLY discussed a meal DEAL with his wife! Then, right infront of everyone, he TAPPED her for the 10 Euros needed to pay for this! Even though it only cost 9 Euros 45 cents! Other customers who had previously given 9 Euros 50 cents were appalled at his behaviour and this SOFT LOAN provided by his wife.

The man is an animal and the sooner more people from Kirkcaldy come onto this site and provide more warnings, the better.

I only write this, because I do care about your team, but I for one will not be rattling a can for you! You have been warned!

He's an "animal" is he?

Don't think you'd say that to his face Linolicker. We don't want nor need your charity either.

Latest Score: 4-1

McManus left RAITH because he couldn't hack having to fight for a first team place,how is that showing ambition.!

to all the rovers twats who infest our site, get it right up ye. The wee man has no doubt signed for us cos you lot are a bunch of sad twats. Moan moan blah blah, dancing in the streets of Raith what a laugh look forward to missing out on the chance of a Fife Derby in the future we're going up and you'll be crashing down. I feel sorry for the man McGLYN as I hear hes a great guy who now realises that hes made a big mistake going to Kirkaldy, and that is the truth you heard it hear first. He'll be off at the first chance.

Yes we've had about 18 months of your 'warnings' Lino Boy. We are all warned out frankly and we really, really find it all extremely tiresome. If I were you I would start devoting more of your energies to the problems that your own club are likely to be facing in the coming months.

Now FFS clear off and find something better to do.

i for one hope paul signs for east fife, sounds like a team wae ambition with the players they are ment to be linked with

Any idea when we'll hear about his much-talked-about signing, it doesn't seem to have been confirmed ?

Mcmanus will be receiving £1000 per week, this will make him the most payed player ever at East Fife after Jimmy Bone, Rab Shannon and Stevie Kirk on £500. Aswell as this he will be receiving a quite hefty signing on fee.

I don't think these figures being published on a public forum will do us any favours in terms of Dressing Room harmony. Remember Jay Stein when Gary O'Connor wanted to deck him in the Changing Rooms !!!

Honestly think a part time footballer is going to get £1000 a week?

While all of you are in slumber land, here in sunny California I get to read the headlines of todays (Wednesday's Courier ).

The SFL have officially declared Mc Manus a free agent .

Hopefully he will sign with East Fife.

Once he returns from holiday, HE WILL SIGN. Take my word for this.

Re: Mcmanus Today's Courier

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL League assistant secretary David Thomson yesterday confirmed that, as far as he is concerned, Raith Rovers striker Paul McManus is now officially a free agent.

Both the Kirkcaldy club and interested party, East Fife, have been awaiting the outcome of the registration mix-up which left the 24-year-old open to offers— despite him signing a contract a matter of weeks earlier.

Unless Rovers and McManus come to some sort of renewed agreement, however, Thomson revealed that McManus is indeed free to leave Stark’s Park if he so wishes.

“Raith did submit forms but they were not properly completed —we’ve asked them to re-submit fresh forms but that’s nothing to do with us,” he confirmed.

“We’ve advised Raith that the forms weren’t acceptable and his contract has now expired with the club, so therefore he is now a free agent.

“The simple fact of the matter is that we rejected the forms and requested a fresh set of forms to be sent to us.

“That’s something that may or may not happen, depending on whether Raith can come to an agreement with the player.

“We’ll wait and see but, reading between the lines, I don’t think that looks likely to happen.”

Any chance of reconciliation between McManus and Raith seems all the more unlikely after chairman David Somerville’s comments on the issue last week, as the chairman seemed to all but confirm McManus’ departure.

“A simple resolution would have been to re-submit the paperwork and Paul was given the opportunity to do that in conjunction with the club,” Somerville said.

“He did not avail himself of that opportunity and has had what can best be described as a change of heart as regards his future at Stark’s Park.

“Once the matter has been resolved a further statement will be made. However, one thing is clear— Raith Rovers is only interested in people being at the club who are committed to and wish to be part of the Raith family.”

McManus is expected to join East Fife on a three-year contract after receiving a lucrative offer from Bayview chairman Willie Gray.

Noo thit its been confirmed bi the s.f.l,nay doot the greeting faces o'll bi oot in force again!!!