Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Training Pitch

Work will begin in the first part of next month on our own enclosed grass training pitch.

The pitch will be sited directly between the far wall and the power station fence.It will be enclosed by two fences running east/west between the wall and the aforementioned fence and will measure 70m x 60m.

The new pitch will allow the team to do all their training at home whilst protecting the main pitch from over use.

To realise our ambition to see East Fife FC playing their football at the highest level possible we need to ensure that our players play and train in a high standard atmosphere.We hope to help provide this with the addition of this new pitch as the main playing surface is already of an excellent standard.

Re: Training Pitch

That is excellent news Dave, I take it that there will be lights for it?

Thats excellent news Dave, there is clearly ambition at our club and a thirst for success. It's very refreshing after the state of the club a year or two ago!

Why not ask Derek Brown to open it?

aye, wearing a chicken suite

Sounds good! Any idea when it will be ready Dave?

Also does anyone know what is being built infront of Bayview?

Don't be fooled everyone - it's no a training pitch they're builind, it's phase 1 of the bayview residential development!

No really, this is great news, and a sign that the club is moving in the right direction.

What is being built in front of Bayview---
A Play School.

No jokes I'm serious

Think Nan's right. I noticed it has three windows - a round one, a square one and an arched one.

I think it is a new playgroup thing they have been planning for years.
Its supposed to be down that way anyway.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was a centre for less well off kids.

This is a link to the proposed Masterplan for the area in front of Bayview that was submitted to planning by a company called Alsherra Developments.

http://www.ukplanning.com/ukp/doc/Revised%20Drawing-4138107.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=4138107&location=VOLUME4&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1

Brilliant news Dave.
This is proof that the club is going forward and surley is only the start of it

Correct me if i am wrong but did we not have a training pitch near the away car park when the ground first opened? Why was that not kept as such and it would have saved the cost of making a new one? Maybe we are going to sell some of the ground and by building a pitch closer to the stadium that makes sense.