Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Signing News - Dougie Cameron

Peterhead manager Steve Paterson is quoted on teletext today as saying his side have acccepted a bid from East Fife for Dougie Cameron (see ITV p470). The story also states we're interested in another Peterhead player, Chris Hegarty.

Here's a profile from the Peterhead website...

http://www.peterheadfc.org.uk/players/dougiecameron.shtml

Re: Signing News - Dougie Cameron

Good signing. Chris Hegarty would be an ideal replacement for jabba in central midfield

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58438

Apparently he's "too good for East Fife and too good for the third division"

Chris Hegarty is the nephew of former Fifer, Kevin Hegarty...

I seem to recall Dougie Cameron taunting the EF support after Alex Bone scored Peterheid's 2nd goal when they beat us near the end of the last promotion season!! Won't hold that against him although it may be brought up in conversation.
Scarily I remember his Dad playing for Dundee Utd & also scoring for Montrose at Bayview when they were running away with the league in the mid seventies. We had a guy called Stefan Anderson (on loan from Alloa if I recall) in goal & I think he threw 3 of their 4 goals in himself!!!

Well, Liam, you never fail to surprise me , what a source of information you are. You cannae mind what happened yesterday but what happened 15 or 20 years ago is a piece of cake.

Very funny! Away & have a ssshmoke & pancake ya big Dutchman!!!

Anderson ??? Throwing the ball into the net ???
Seems familiar somehow.

a fee has been agreed with dundee for craig o'reilly

Now that is good news... source please?

Do we think he'd be brought in for full back or midfield? If its midfield could be a good bit of competition for Blackadder. He'll have to get fit if he wants a start next season. Ryan go get yer trainers and find some slim fast, sharpish or you'll have splinters next season