Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Squad so far

Have to say the squad is shaping up nicely for the coming season.It looks like Baikie is getting his targets signed early which can only be a good thing.
Let`s hope we have learned from last season.

Re: Squad so far

I agree Eck all is looking good for next season.Hopefully Paul and Craig will sign up which will make some strikeforce next season
Getting his targets in early can only be good,none of this late rush to get signings like Moffat did.

Bring on the Pre Season Tour

Uddy Fifer - I think you are being a bit unfair on Jim Moffat about when he brought players in. If he had the budget that Baikie alledgedly has at his disposal, then I'm sure he would have brought players in earlier as they would have been keen on the terms offered. At that time we were bargain basement hunting and players were rightly keeping their options open to see what better offers were made to them. I think it is unfair to compare the two.
I am also happy with the way the squad is shaping especially if the rumours about Cameron, Mathers, O'Reilly, McManus etc are true but a word of caution. The sums of money being talked about some of the players being paid could cause some problems. 1) Obviously if we are splashing the cash, other clubs are going to raise their game against us. 2) We could have some unrest in the changing room if some players are being paid way above what others are earning, especially if they are not pulling their weight(no offence Ryan !!) We don't want the Jay Stein Big Time Charlie scenario in the Changing Rooms. For us to be challenging for the title the whole squad must be united and be prepared to work for each other and the responsibility for this lies at the door of the Manager.

Bayview Boy-Didnt mean any offence to Jim there and i wasnt actually comparing them.
Was just using an example and Jim was our manager at the worst possible time in my opinion.
Was just clearly stating that when Jim was here he tend to being players in for the sake of it on last day of the transfer windows but you could see why he did that tho as his budget was more or less shoestring and for back up.
For what Jim had avalible to him i think he did a great job in getting us up but its a shame in how it ended for him.
Also i feel if Jim had been our manager last season with that budget and squad we would have won the league.

Jim Moffat had no option but to wait and see what players were left after nobody else wanted them.

Think in our promotion season ,when Bruce Black was chairman' Jim got his signings in early.However it all changed once Broon wiz it the helm.