Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help needed.

Sorry to intrude,but does anyone remember a local band from the late eighties/early nineties (?) called Some Device? I`m pretty sure that Kenny Linton from Buckhaven was part of the group.

Re: Help needed.

Kenny Linton played keyboards in Some Device. They released a single (cant remember what it was called) played throughout Scotland late 80's early 90's.
I think the rest of the band included Grant ...on Lead Guitar, Jim Taylor on Bass, John Mc... on Vocals and Local drummer Dek Gallacher.

I mind them did they no play a few good gigs in the old Caley Upstairs.

Cheers guys. Remember them playing at the Caley and the Steppenwolf and they had some cracking tunes.

kenny can cycle aww day...

I believe kenny emigrated to Canada

Leven, Methil , Kennoway & Buckhinds finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apPpmtyvdcw

Kenny lives in new zealand now,can't remember if he was in the band later on but definetly wasn't at the start he and Davie Storrar(bass) and Mark Bailey(guitar)had there own band.

O/T Some Device

Kenny replaced Gordon Maguire on Keyboards and was part of the bands most successful period going on to record the single 'Round the World' with the group.
Found this on You Tube

Re: O/T Some Device

Grant Falconer from Leven played lead guitar

Kenny Linton stays in Canada. Im currently in Glasgow just now for the Love and Money gig, hope to see Grant Falconer who is also going.

Sounds like alison moyet

Does anyone remember Third Light ?

sorry i thought it was new zealand,went about with Kenny for years how could i forget that,must be this lanarkshire air.

Tam
Kenny Linton stays in Canada. Im currently in Glasgow just now for the Love and Money gig, hope to see Grant Falconer who is also going.

well????? how was the love & money gig tam? did they stick to playing two albums in full? nothing from the first album?

Brilliant gig. Played Dogs in the Traffic and Strange Kind of Love in full. Were on for nearly 2 and a half hours.
Finished off with Candybar Express!

i feel a bit sick at missing it. i doubt if they will ever play again.

I bumped in to Some Device drummer, Dek Gallagher today,I have to say he was pretty chuffed to find out his old video had made it onto AFTN.I think he said they recorded it in The Centre, down Leven.Or maybe they made up the video there,ah cannae quite remember.

Thats ma cuz lol x

Does anyone have ex some device drummer's contact email????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClYzU8ZZ0fE&feature=related

Leven, Methil , Kennoway and Buckhinds finest.

An 80's Classic

Brilliant stuff!!!

The opening shot looks like The Centre in Leven.