Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sam Makki

Can anyone tell me if they know if a Sam Makki ever played or coached for East Fife. Mid to Late 90s?

Re: Sam Makki

Professional Playing Experience: 12 Years Europe/Asia

· 1986-1992: Irish Army, United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Lebanon-MVP, Leader Scorer

· 1992-1997: Division I Al-Tadamon Football Club

· 1993-1994: Drafted for the Lebanese National Team

· 1997-1999: East Fife Football Club, Scottish Division II

Coaching Experience: 21+ years Club Coach, 3 Years Professional Coach

· 1997-1999: U21 East Fife

· 1997-1999: U18 Dundee United - 5 were drafted for the Scottish National Team

· 1999-Present: Club Coaching All Levels

· 2004-Present: Makki Training Academy, Technical Director/Owner

· 2006-2008: Harrison High School Girls Varsity, Trainer

· 2007-2009: Lutheran Westland High School Girls Varsity, Head Soccer Coach

· 2008: Livonia YMCA Soccer Club, Technical Director/Coach

· 2009: Mini-Makki Training Academy, Executive Director/Trainer/Owner

International Coaching Qualifications:

· March 1998: SFA (Scottish Football Association) Youth License

· May 1998: SFA "C" License

· July 1998: UEFA "B" International License

iv seen that before!! I come from leven and used to go to the games and stuff and cannot remeber this guy!! Was wondering if anyone knew from not lookin at the web?

Did this not appear on here a few months ago? I've been looking at the guys website (http://www.makkitrainingacademy.com/). Seems a load of crap to me.

"One day while I was at the beach, I juggled 3,516 times without dropping the ball!"

"
The best, most memorable goal that I scored was in an international tournament which included 30 different teams from different nations. I was playing with the Irish Army in the final versus a team from Ghana. I scored the winning goal with a bicycle kick from the 18 yard line. "

He allegedly was with us at a time when Steve Kirk was in charge.
Steph is a well known local guy. Perhaps someone can ask him if he remembers this character. He sure as hell never featured in the first team.

This is comedy gold.

are ye sure its not ken mackie

He works in Michigan, USA as a coach and I have coached against him. His CV is on his Email Signature so I looked him up and couldnt believe it when I seen he had referenced East Fife.

so what's the word? is he just making this up?

Great player in his day.....according to him!! Another Terry Lawrence methinks!!!

sam was a great player I know him from the Irish army team, did play for as long as 10years for that team he change his name when left scotland but he did help train east fife and did play for many teams,before got enjoyrd,he is a great coach.

I certainly don't recall the name.

Maybe he'll come on and ask us if we want a share in $10 million Canadian dollers, if we send the proper info!

COACH MAKKI HAS coach and train my kids for 9 years I cant say nothing but great things about him.no matter where he is from I and my kids will always have respic and big thank you for helping them play in college soccer.I say him play here in michigan he is a very good player even for his age now,but he is very respectful if you talk to him so please people stop your what ever your trying too ,,,

This is hilarious!

Hhm and Paddy obviously have the same IP (did I even need to check?! lol).

Love how the guy has now apparently changed his name since leaving Scotland. Cos that happens all the time.

There's a picture of Makki on his site -

http://www.makkitrainingacademy.com/

(click board of directors link and then email address)

Anyone recognise him???!

He seems to have dropped the whole East Fife thing now and just says Scottish Second Division team

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=-178538&targetid=profile

Someone should check with the SFA to see if they've even heard of him and whether those coaching qualifications were indeed earned.

I think there are a few red herrings being posted here. Amateur historians like Jim C don't have the data to solve this kind of problem. Sam Makki is in fact the famous Japanese player Kammaksi otherwise known as the human anagram. He could have been one of the countries top defenders but constantly gave away penalties by diving headlong into tackles in a way that was almost suicidal.
Before a game he would relax by putting on a white headband and drink a cup of sake.

I have already posted about this before. He stayed with my mate in methil and came over from the lebanon having asked clubs if he could get coaching experience. He helped the east fife youths but he did not ever play for the first team end off

Was he any relation to Ken?

Coat, etc....

I know this guy and some of the post`s on here about him are bordering on the ridiculous.

He was indeed involved at East Fife and could and should have made more of his time at the club but an error of judgement sealed his fate when he recommended the club sign David "Black" Duncan aka Bawki as a forward and adaptable local amateur player Jim "Patsy" Paterson as a Goalkeeper.

His family also have a decent local pedigree with a street in Leven being named after them. How many people who stay in Mackie Avenue knew that?

paddy is my dad.i dont know why some peole are just jorks,coach makki was my coach for many years he is one of the coaches i respect,why you people care about minder things the past is the past what we do now it matters,and god bless you all

I`ve heard from a very, very reliable source that Sam Makki, Terry Lawrence and Lucy Effc Jean will be attending the next home match.

Look forward to seeing them all.

Will they be introduced to the crowd at half time to rapturous applause?

Nosey Parker
Someone should check with the SFA to see if they've even heard of him and whether those coaching qualifications were indeed earned.

No player by the name of Makki has ever been signed by any Scottish League or SPL club.
Plenty of players by the name of Mackie and Mackay, and there's been the odd Mackin, Mackle, Makel and Makela, but NEVER a Makki!
Incidentally, there was a player by the name of Malarkey who played four games for Albion Rovers in 1952. His surname fits this post perfectly!!