Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ultra Scene in UK

Whats everyones opinion here of the Ultra scene in Uk? Could it work at East Fife?

Alot of people immediately classify Ultras as being ''Hooligans'' and ''casuals''. This is not the case in UK it seems.

New groups all over UK are springing up, some with only a couple members. All succeeding in creating colour at games.

Heres examples

Celtic Green Brigade:

Motherwell Wellboys:

St Mirren Supras

Aberdeen Red Ultras

Livingstone DBM:

The question is, do you think this could work? Could we drum up some interest?
Heres a great example of what can be done. This is the red ultras against Alloa.

Yes we wouldnt have the same numbers there, but we could create the same colour, show the same passion. Card displays, flags, singing.

Whats you opinions on the scene?

Heres a web-site you may be interested in looking at to draw up your opinion. www.ultrasuk.co.uk

Re: Ultra Scene in UK

will that be three fuds and a flag

no, can you imagine the moany gits at Bayview complaining that you are waving a flag and obstructing the view?

It's all a bit 'male bonding' as well. If you want atmosphere at a game, put terracing in and segregate it....

kiwififer
no, can you imagine the moany gits at Bayview complaining that you are waving a flag and obstructing the view?

It's all a bit 'male bonding' as well. If you want atmosphere at a game, put terracing in and segregate it....

Aye! Imagine people moaning aboot no being able tae see the game eh?

Would love to see something like this at bayview.but as previously said above to many moaners

kiwififer

no no no, we could simply ask the club to remove the last section of seats at the Sea wall end of bayview only for the area to let this happen and we could all stand, wave flags problem solved we all know we won't see another stand/terracing at bayview as we sold the land at turn of the year there. All you do is move the ones that sit down and re-allocate them closer to the tunnel so they can't be annoyed about missing the game problem solved everyone is happy as larry.

It has been done before, this would make a good terracing than build a new one.

http://www.aftn.co.uk/bayviewseatwork2.jpg

Youngsters are the future of the club and we shouldn't be dissing ideas like this.
Bayview is a morgue and I`m all for the young uns banging a drum and jumping about as they see fit. Good on them.
I`m 49 and have enjoyed the ultras presence and the few home games I`ve been to recently.

The old farts and moaners can carry on farting and moaning as far as I`m concerned. They were young once and its all too easy to forget.

Mon the ultras!

Like above poster has said they are 49 and enjoy i..I myself am nearly 30 but would love to be involved something to get an atmosphere at Bayview but cant see it happening due Diffrent reasons..Cant see the club allocating a number of seats for this to happen

Folks,
Have no fear the EFMB are nearly here!
Don't know about how ultra we are but the youngest being 44 and the oldest being mid 70's we should blend right in!
It's looking like a last day of the season on May2nd (let's hope it's not the last game!). About 2 dozen band members will decent on Bayview from as far a field as Aberdeen to Bolton!
As soon as I speak to the rest of the troops and get their blessing I'll post the website details (Yes! The EFMB has a web site!) and furnish you fine folk with some more detail!