Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Junior Cup Final

Linlithgow Rose meet Largs Thistle this afternoon at Rugby Park. The match is live on BBC Alba with a 4pm kick off.
The Rosey Posey are managed by former Fife management team, Dave Baikie and Mel Irons, with ex Fifer Gary Kelly in the squad.
Rooting for the side with the East Fife connection?
Largs will be the team wearing Black and Gold.

Re: Junior Cup Final

Any update on the result. Also any idea of tayport score?

Linlithgow won 1-0. A deserved victory, although they were reduced to ten men halfway through the second-half.

Yeah, Baikie's side went 1-0 up then held on grimly for the victory. Sound familiar?

Eventually found it ta. But any idea on Tayport?

Tayport won 2 - 1 at Kinnoull.i think if they beat St andrews on Wednesday they're promoted back to the Superleague.

Thanking you with muchness Bob.
Results are now winging their way to Spain.

KotS
Yeah, Baikie's side went 1-0 up then held on grimly for the victory. Sound familiar?

St Pauli Fifer
KotS

I think it would be fair to say that winning a trophy like the Scottish Junior Cup and/or the Third Division deserves a little more credit than a couple of cheap jibes on a messageboard.

Well done Davie Baikie.

Fife fan
St Pauli Fifer
KotS

I think it would be fair to say that winning a trophy like the Scottish Junior Cup and/or the Third Division deserves a little more credit than a couple of cheap jibes on a messageboard.

Well done Davie Baikie.

This will also mean that Linlithgow will qualify for next season's Scottish Cup

Well fair enough. Biggst junior team, or among the best resources of any junior team in Scotland at any rate, coupled with resources that dwarfed all of our rivals in that second division, which he got us out of - at the second time of asking!

Loved the tactics, loved the player fitness, loved the player morale. Thank Christ the '1 to 2 attempts on goal in 90 minutes' is a thing of the past.

Well done the Baikiemeister. He's great at junior level or at lower league with money. Long may he stay there and continue to be a success there.

As for Mel Irons..............

'Mon the Crawford. Show him how it's really done.

KotS

Yep. Reminds me of a night at Love Street three years ago.

I can't believe (well I can really) how petty some of our supporters are that they can't even offer words of congratulations on a major trophy win to one of our former managers. Instead the old shite gets dragged up.
What's wrong SPF? Did Dave Baikie do a shite in your kettle or something?

It's all really about how SPF appears to the rest of us Supporter! He wants us to think that he was/is/will be, always right. Sad really!

St Pauli Fifer

Well done the Baikiemeister.

shite in your kettle or something?
Did you go to see Kevin Bridges ?