Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife to move

On BBC Radio Scotland now.

Re: East Fife to move...

3,000 capacity stadium near Diagio, in partnership with Muir Construction. A sports development with astroturf facilities.
Power Centre to be built on current site.

For those who missed it the plan is to move to a new stadium development across from Diageo at Windygates.

The development will include stadium training grounds, a retail development, an educational facility and a sports centre.

The intention had been to let supporters know first but unfortunately the news got out a wee bit earleir than we wanted so Sid went on Radio Scotland at very short notice tonight.

Obviously it will depend on planningpermission etc but the one thing the board are agreed on is that the club will remain debt free and will own the stadium.

Lots more details later.

Wow, now that's news! I have no affinity to Bayview Stadium but will the Club make money from it? I assume so?? We have to call it Bayview something... Will we get terracing? : ) What does Rankine get out of it? Questions...

Sounds promising. I know it's very early but has there been any consideration given to including terracing this time?

Hopefully the Trust will be represented and lobby the EF fanbase about opinions in relation to the new development. I think most supporters will be optimistic about this and see it as a potential new start with links to the community. A great opportunity for the club to work together with the fans.

Well this is certainly big news and the additional facilities sound great. Would like to see a larger capacity than 3000 (to avoid moving any cup ties) and with terracing however. Will fans be consulted on the stadium design? I think it's vital that we have input on this.

This has come as a bit of a shock.I would certainly love to move to a new stadium as long as we owned it and remained debt free as Eugene said.Hopefuly we will have a say on any new ground we move to.Terracing is a must please.Early days yet tho,very early days.

how long is this going to take it will be a few years yet andlets hope they get the positions right.

How far out of Leven is it?

Is this next to Castleflurie or on the same side of the road as the DCL.

More questions....

A matter of months ago we'd builders in about a new stand, and a couple of weeks ago we were all over the local press talking about turning the the current stadium (I think) into a mini-Nou Camp effort - why the 'sudden' change of direction ?

Pros of Bayview Stadium
The best playing surface in Scotland
Right on the border of Methil/Leven - proper East Fife FC location
Down by the sea - a literal, (soon-to-be) scenic, bay view
A short walk from the Bus Station
Training pitch
Parking of sorts
Function facilites
Wee bar
Great floodlights

Cons of the current ground
Horrible, soul-less atmoshpere with 3 wee walls
Messy car park (not enough car parking)
No pubs very close by
Shop in a portacabin
Tiny bar with no windows
It's not Bayview Park
No terracing whatsoever
Down by the sea (wind and cold)
Corrosion of the stadium by the sea air
Tiny capacity compared to the rest of Scotland
Having to move for big games

Pros of the propsosed new stadium
Infinitely better atmosphere
Community use
Ultra modern facilities
Next to no call-offs
Possibility of terracing of some description
Blank canvas
Opportunity for the Club to cash in (as well as the shareholders)
More realistic capacity
Sill in Levenmouth (just) - not really a pro over the current ground
Take land off the developers that they couldn't sell for love nor money as no one would buy houses
Opportunity to build (or let a brewery build) a big decent match day pub for home and away fans
Opportunity to have better, more parking

Cons
Artificial surface (may even lose out on the odd potential signing with some players not wanting to play on that every week)
Injuries to players (see above)
Lack of public transport for home and away fans.
Middle of nowhere
No pubs nearby - even further away than at present
Rankine pocketing any profit
Club ending up in dire straits financially (going under) if unforeseen costs spiral or admin mistakes are made, etc.

I don't know what to make of it at all. Think I had an excited feeling when I read the first post though....

Would we be the first club to build two, new modern grounds ??

Great news
But this time please build it properly and put terracing in

Could be great news.

Two early thoughts though -

1. Has to be bigger than 3 thousand capacity as then barely worth moving.

2. Unless the money made from the original land sale goes predominantly back into the club and not into some strangers back pockets.

Fingers crossed!

There are 3 pubs within a 5 minute walk, Windygates bowling club,Hotel & Auld hoose. I can walk to work in 15 mins the new stadium will be right on my doorstep mmmm not looking forward to the road works AGAIN.

Will it be that close to Windygates ? I stand corrected.

The Windygates publicans will love it.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Too many unknowns and a real bg risk, dressed up as the best way forward.

Moving the club in such economic times? Madness.

Somebody is going to be making a lot of money.

It should be called (as opposed to New New Bayview) "Nou Bayview".

Where is the proposed location exactly ?

Might as well add my pennysworth.
Could the present stand be canniballised and increase the capacity..
Think the club need to reveal outline plans with drawings asap

Article can be heard here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tkd0b/Beyond_the_SPL_18_08_2010/

Westie

Both points are valid, and very, very worrying.

St Pauli Fifer
More questions....

Cons
Artificial surface (may even lose out on the odd potential signing with some players not wanting to play on that every week)

I dunno if I just misheard Sid on the interview but I think It's just 4g training pitches with a real grass surface for the actual stadium? I may be wrong but either way I'm not too fussed.

Well done to Sid & the club, exciting times for East Fife, was glad to hear him go on about trying to get fulltime aswel.

Apparently it will not cost East Fife a penny as Muir builders are swapping their land for ours and building the facility for us (along with the help of some community funding)

Andy Miller
St Pauli Fifer
More questions....

Cons

I dunno if I just misheard Sid on the interview but I think It's just 4g training pitches with a real grass surface for the actual stadium? I may be wrong but either way I'm not too fussed.

Well done to Sid & the club, exciting times for East Fife, was glad to hear him go on about trying to get fulltime aswel.

From the BBC,
"A fourth generation artificial surface would be laid and there would be a similar synthetic training pitch, as well as a grass training pitch. "

We'd need to triple (or quadrulple) our fanbase to think about going full-time.

Will it be called naeview two?

raithfan
Will it be called naeview two?

Thanks for your contribution. Now off to bed.

Well I have been to naeview and naeview one so I look forward to going to naeview two.

This could be a great oppertunity to avoid the mistakes that clubs have made in recent imtes when moving to modern grounds. Ourselves and Dumabrton spring to mind.

Also, I assume it won't be a four sided stadium so I don't see any point in making the capacity over 3,000 at the moment. How many times would more than 3,000 have been needed since we moved to New Bayview. Twice maybe, the Rangers game and the Hearts games. Possibly the two league games against the Rovers? It might cost more than it would be worth. Terracing would obviously give us a higher capacity without having to build a bigger ground and hopefully keep the cost down. As well as making the ground more attractive to East Fife supporters and away supporters.

East Fife plan new stadium complex

East Fife hope to move away from their New Bayview home

By Jim Spence

East Fife have announced ambitious plans to move to a new state-of-the-art stadium at a cost of almost £5m.

The Second Division side want to relocate from New Bayview to a 3,000-capacity ground one mile away from their present location.

The proposal will include a hotel and supermarket complex and is set to go before planners in the next few days.

"At a time of doom and gloom this is a good news story for Scottish football," said chairman Sid Columbine.

A fourth generation artificial surface would be laid and there would be a similar synthetic training pitch, as well as a grass training pitch.

The facilities would be available for community use.

There are also plans to include a 'college-type' facility at the new development, which Columbine hopes will be ready in two years.

"The ground is there and we are ready to start right away if we get planning permission," he added.

Its just down the road from where we were originally going to build New Bayview

There are times i come on the forum and see people posting negative comments and think, give it a rest, but something just doesn't add up here. I genuinely hope the sale of this land and the decisions on the builing of a new stadium has been taken for the benefit of the club, not just for the profit of the shareholers. Where has this rush come from, how can they start building unless they already have a buyer for our land. If the buyer has been in place, i maybe question the motives of some of the directors who have put very little into this club other than their shareholdings, yet seem to have been very active in utilising the value of our land

Like another poster mentioned building a new stadium in the middle of the most unstable economy in modern times seems like lunacy!

For fuck sake we get some good news and still the negative post keep coming.Why does there have to be ulterior motives for everything connected with what the directors do.Give them a chance after all how many of us have felt really at home where we are now.

I think this is great news and Sid and the board should be congratulated. Great to hear his ambitions in being fulltime. That has to be the main aim to be able to get into and consolodate in the 1st division. Lets all now help push this momentum and get our friends and relatives into bayview and get the attendences up. AND, if you can afford it, go into the office and get a Direct debit sheet and fill it in to give the gaffer a monthly amount to his squad. C'mon, this is the push we have been needing. We CAN be up there again, but it takes hard work and wont happen automatically. The borad are doing their part, NOW LETS DO OURS!.

One post that annoyed me.
Building a new stadium in the present unstable economy is lunacy. Utter rubbish. Its projects like this that kick starts and boosts economy!! Jobs for the people to design and build for a start. The club will own it outright and what better time to get a bargain when negotiating costs.

I agree with earlier post that 3000 is a bit low for a new stadium considering that full time football is being thought of. However 3000 is ok for now and i hope that it will 4 sided. 1000 each length and 500 each end. Terracing could be built in the 4 corners later on. Is Brechins newish stand behind the goals 500??

On the one hand I'm pleased to hear we could be leaving our current stadium for a better designed ground, hopefully with some terracing.

On the other hand I remain deeply suspicious of the motives of the majority shareholders, one of which is not an East Fife supporter and the only time he's ever been to a Fife game is as Chairman of another club.

Will the sale of the land be 100% transparent, with the club receiving 100% of any profit made? If we own our ground then I should sincerely hope so.

I will be proposing that the trust requests a public meeting with the major shareholders in order for the fans to extract as much information as possible about this, after all it would be one of the biggest decisions in the clubs history.

Sid is only a proxy puppet so there's no way he's taken this decision on his own and a public meeting with him and the likes of Stevenson would certainly be the less prefered option.

Not being negative here, but I simply cannot see the major shareholders taking a risk like this unless there is something (big) in it for them.

If they have nothing to hide though then we'll see if they will talk to us about it...

Financial issues aside, my main concern is having an artificial playing surface. I think the club should look to having grass as the playing surface in the stadium and all the training surfaces can be artificial. I do not think we see football, as it is meant to be played, on artificial surfaces. All players I'm sure, would much prefer grass.

One of the things we can justly be proud of at the present stadium, is the playing surface!

Otherwise, I think this can be a great opportunity for the club.

Westie

Not so sure about madness.......in boom times, developers can charge a premium, not so during these economic times.

"Someone is going to be making a lot of money".....yip - I guess that is why they invested in the first place. As long as East Fife come out of the deal OK, then I've no problem.

Was there no' a case a few years back where Dumbarton were moving out their new stadium to antother site in the town? Deal fell through though.

Transparency is vital here in order to get the full backing of fans, the local community, investors etc. I trust that this will be the case and have faith in the EFST to keep us informed of all developments.

With regard to the stadium iteslf, a grass pitch would be preferable but what I, and plenty of others by the looks of it, really, really do not want is a replica of Bayview Stadium moved to another site. So that's not another one-sided wonder with no atmosphere thank you. By all means build something that can be adapted to seating at a future point in time but please give me some terracing! Covered preferably. Along the side of the pitch. With a decent pie hut and bogs. Ta.

I'm very excited about this news. Whenever it opens, I'll be flying over for it.

Lots of things I'd like to see in it. Would love a "buy a brick with your name on it" type scheme for example and obviously terracing.

Here's AFTN's take on things in our last two blog posts:

http://aftnwebsite.blogspot.com/2010/08/east-fife-announce-ambitious-new.html

http://aftnwebsite.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-wed-like-to-see-from-bayview-v30.html

Please leave your comments on the blog as well as here.

Also for those feeling nostalgic, don't forget to check out AFTN's guides to the East Fife stadiums HERE

MiNT_SauCe
Westie

Not so sure about madness.......in boom times, developers can charge a premium, not so during these economic times.

"Someone is going to be making a lot of money".....yip - I guess that is why they invested in the first place. As long as East Fife come out of the deal OK, then I've no problem.

Was there no' a case a few years back where Dumbarton were moving out their new stadium to antother site in the town? Deal fell through though.

Uncle Neil tried his best then but he will get the readies this time for Bayview and I'll get an increase in my pocket money.

The Dude
Transparency is vital here in order to get the full backing of fans, the local community, investors etc. I trust that this will be the case and have faith in the EFST to keep us informed of all developments.

I am happy with this news and confident that the it will be transparent thanks to the working relationship between the Trust and Club. EFST will always keep y'all informed with matters that can be released for public knowledge, it's our job indeed!

Eugene has been doing a sterling job representing our members at board level. I'd like to go on record thanking him for hard work and providing a good working relationship with our Club.

**pls note that this is last time I will be nice to Clarkie publicly - cannae have him getting too big fir his boots!!!

Kerriann

Eugene has been doing a sterling job representing our members at board level. I'd like to go on record thanking him for hard work and providing a good working relationship with our Club.

Hear, hear!

**pls note that this is last time I will be nice to Clarkie publicly - cannae have him getting too big fir his boots!!!

And hear, hear again!!

Of course there is danger! Don't get all starry eyed and blinded by the spin.

What is wrong with New Bayview, exactly? Is it not fit for purpose for East Fife?

Why mortgage the club on a dream? If it is transparency you're after, Eugene will need to be on his toes and be a full director first.

Go figure.

I have to say I'm quite excited at the prospect of a new stadium, would love to see some terracing, or even just one side of terracing (like 'the warriors, before i get a row for calling them stenny.) we always seem to create a good atmosphere in there.

Westie
Of course there is danger! Don't get all starry eyed and blinded by the spin.

What is wrong with New Bayview, exactly? Is it not fit for purpose for East Fife?

Why mortgage the club on a dream? If it is transparency you're after, Eugene will need to be on his toes and be a full director first.

Go figure.

I don't think the club will be mortgaged. I'm assuming that the deal will be part of a land switch at no cost to the club.

Just listened to the interview again and Sid clearly says "3000 all seater stadium".If we were to move i very much hope they would give us some sort of terracing and it`s not just a slightly bigger one sided replica of what we awready have.I await with interest for any other information that i`m sure will become available from the board.

From what i can make out its between the 2 A915 signs between the ground Diageo are developing now & Dunniface farm.
Access would have to come off the A912 not through the industrial estate

East Fife till a die
Just listened to the interview again and Sid clearly says "3000 all seater stadium".If we were to move i very much hope they would give us some sort of terracing and it`s not just a slightly bigger one sided replica of what we awready have.I await with interest for any other information that i`m sure will become available from the board.

And here we have the first seeds of doubt, obfuscation and basically not being very clear at all.

Can we all take a wee step back and have a think about all the implications of the announcement - which I don't believe for a minute 'had' to be made in the manner it was - and to think carfeully about what it all means?

Accepting fully that the news sounds utopian but the evidence that building a new stadium is a sensible strategy is not strong even where you might expect to find it.

I’m a believer in the maxim that, if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true.

Another problem is the understandable euphoria (see above) that the announcement of plans for a new stadium brings. It also tends to bring a lack of realism on both the potential costs and the potential for delays resulting from, for example, planning problems.

It strikes me that the news is based on a high risk strategy crystalised into a dream of what is known as diversification.

Are we really going to put faith in people that can't manage the simple process of organising a match programme in its production and selling?

Think, guys, think.

Some folk will do anything to put East Fife down. I think if we won the Scottish Cup again some people would be on here complaining that we didn't play entertaining enough football or there were too many part-time supporters there or the colour of the shorts were wrong.
Instead of moaning about this before the full details of the proposed development are known why not be pro-active. If you have an opinion or questions get involved in the dialogue. I'm sure there will be a chance to do so.
As someone else said it is a great opportunity to bring the club and supporters together in planning this. We now have the Trust and an Associate Director which we did not have the last time we moved.

Well said Wullie.

Westie. Read the posts.

"the one thing the board are agreed on is that the club will remain debt free and will own the stadium"

Wan Fit Wullie
Some folk will do anything to put East Fife down. I think if we won the Scottish Cup again some people would be on here complaining that we didn't play entertaining enough football or there were too many part-time supporters there or the colour of the shorts were wrong.
Instead of moaning about this before the full details of the proposed development are known why not be pro-active. If you have an opinion or questions get involved in the dialogue. I'm sure there will be a chance to do so.
As someone else said it is a great opportunity to bring the club and supporters together in planning this. We now have the Trust and an Associate Director which we did not have the last time we moved.

Ah, sorry, but you're not getting away with this line where people like me, who have an understanding of the issue, will be put down by a retort of being negative.

It won't do and is unfair if we want proper, healthy debate.

How often have clubs fallen into the trap of believing that a new stadium with a greater capacity is the answer to their financial problems, only to find that it has increased their financial problems and has somehow failed to deliver as ‘fan bait’?

Add to the heady dream of a new stadium that will somehow take you to the SPL or SPL 2– well, you have to have ambition don’t you – the prospect of seeing Rangers and Celtic playing your team seems to be taking some clubs into even more irrational plans - step forward East Fife.

Not being negative, just sceptical.

Westie
Wan Fit Wullie

Ah, sorry, but you're not getting away with this line where people like me, who have an understanding of the issue, will be put down by a retort of being negative.

It won't do and is unfair if we want proper, healthy debate.

How often have clubs fallen into the trap of believing that a new stadium with a greater capacity is the answer to their financial problems, only to find that it has increased their financial problems and has somehow failed to deliver as ‘fan bait’?

Add to the heady dream of a new stadium that will somehow take you to the SPL or SPL 2– well, you have to have ambition don’t you – the prospect of seeing Rangers and Celtic playing your team seems to be taking some clubs into even more irrational plans - step forward East Fife.

Not being negative, just sceptical.

So whatcha going to do? Get involved in the consultation or whinge about it on a messageboard?
I know what I'm going to do.

Fifeyboab
Well said Wullie.

Westie. Read the posts.

"the one thing the board are agreed on is that the club will remain debt free and will own the stadium"

I'm sure that Sid and co agree that having a debt free club with stadium ownership is the way forward. I happen to concur.

But, come on, let's get real. The evidence suggests otherwise from experience at other clubs.

The 'debt free' argument is a common carrot to dangle in front of unwitting fans.

"We’ve got the wrong sort of stadium", will be the cry. "We need one better suited to maximising our revenue streams" will be the mantra.

However, there are two key questions a club needs to ask itself: a) Can we afford it? and b) Is this the most effective way of maximising revenue streams?

I suspect that in 99 cases out 100 the answer to the first question is a resounding ‘No!’. Show me the clubs which already have the financial reserves to consider spending on a new stadium! The new stadium will have to be financed, and if the club is worried about failing to maximise its revenue streams it needs to have a cast iron case that new revenue streams will be sufficient to even cover the cost of the loans needed to finance the new stadium.

Of course there will be exceptions, but it is worth bearing mind that even Arsenal, with a clear need for a bigger stadium and a sound business plan to finance it.

There is one way of lowering the risk in a diversification strategy (see previous [post), and that is to diversify into something which, for example, the owner is experienced, an area in which he made his fortune.

Getting the picture? I hope so.

I agree with everything Westie says.Something doesn't seem right here.Hope I am wrong tho.

Just heard sids interview - re the current site, what is a "power centre"

Westie. You dinnie half haver some shite. Your debating is unsound and if i thought you had a really valid argument with proof, then i would continue to reply and debate with you. But, i have come to the conclusion that you are a havering Mink who just does not have a clue what he is talking about, except to be opposite for the sake of it. Granted, you type eloquently, but thats all you do.

He sounds like our old pal Insider. Quite happy to stand and throw stones but nowhere to be seen when it comes to taking responsibility and doing something constructive. Nothing in this world is perfect and East Fife Football Club certainly isn't. The bottom line however is how to make things better.
Posting on a messageboard won't change anything, your opinion will remain just that. You might manage to sway some other people's views but if you have nothing positive to offer or are not prepared to stand up and be counted in the real (non-cyber) world then you have no substance whatsoever.

Well said Westie,agree with you 100%.You`ll notice you have to sing from the same hymn sheet on here or your not welcome

Anyway

So were going to move from what some descibe a souless stadium to a souless stadium

Why the fook do we need a new stadium?Redevelop the one we have if they want or feel the need for improvement.We average 600 supporters at a home game,answer,throw them into a bigger 3000 seater stadium.Were light years away from playing in a higher division on a regular basis,lets sort out our playing side and play where we are,in a more than adequate stadium.

I wonder whos driving this scatty idea of a new stadium forward and whats in it for them.?

Wan Fit Wullie
He sounds like our old pal Insider. Quite happy to stand and throw stones but nowhere to be seen when it comes to taking responsibility and doing something constructive.

On the contrary.I think you will find I was correct regarding the last debate/discussion I was involved on here regarding the SFA withholding the winter payment from East Fife due to money owed.I proved The Other Chairman??wrong by saying Collumbine would not chase this payment as the SFA were correct.

I will not involve myself in this debate at the moment as I do not know enough about it.

Yet

It would seem to be a tried and tested model.

The ground on which our current stadium sit is worth more than the site we are possibly moving to. Therefore in exchange for the land we get a knew stadium. The developer must consider that he can make sufficient return to justify the deal when combined with the new hotel etc.

Obviously, it is more complex but that is the general principle.

Eastie
Well said Westie,agree with you 100%.You`ll notice you have to sing from the same hymn sheet on here or your not welcome

Anyway

So were going to move from what some descibe a souless stadium to a souless stadium

Why the fook do we need a new stadium?Redevelop the one we have if they want or feel the need for improvement.We average 600 supporters at a home game,answer,throw them into a bigger 3000 seater stadium.Were light years away from playing in a higher division on a regular basis,lets sort out our playing side and play where we are,in a more than adequate stadium.

I wonder whos driving this scatty idea of a new stadium forward and whats in it for them.?
Can you make yourself know to the East Fife FC board and provide financial support in upgrading our current ground?No!Thats why Sid and co are working to get away from Bayview.I was quite impressed with Sid`s interview,if all goes to plan this could be exactly what East Fife need.It does sound too good to be true and i understand why some people would be worried,however,if we gain a bigger ground and remain debt free as promised then i`d be delighted.

Isn't the situation that the land the club own will be worth a fair bit of money once the power station comes down? The club can't make any use of that land unless they sell it off given that we probably don't have the cash to seriously invest in anything.

If we swap this land for somewhere that's worth less and make up the difference by getting a better ground with better facilities, isn't that a good deal? It's OK to be sceptical but a few people seem to be making negatice comments just for the sake of it. Not everyone who's excited and optimistic about this move is being naive. I think all of us will have to wait for more information before we start uncrking the champagne or running a warm bath and getting the razor blades ready!

It's not too good to be true. Obviously the land where the new stadium is to be built is worth much less than our present land. The difference in price will be used to finance the building of the stadium. Simple economics.

The problem lies in the different prices and how much will be left over for shareholders or reinvested in the club. Do you think that will be transparent?

Another problem could be the planning state of the new land. It may be that is agricultural and thus costs less. This would need some tricky manouvering to get it changed.

All in all it would be good especially if it has scope for expansion if we achieve the success the fans hope for. So if Rankine or whoever make a bit of money out of it. As long as it does not leave us in the shit, good luck to them. It was those shareholders that invested so much over the last few years that helped keep us going. Just hope Broon does not profit.

This point unsettles me a bit. The below was published on 6 July 2010 (that's six weeks before the supposed 'surprise' and sudden announcement - that was revealed to the press before the fans, btw)

Can someone explain why, in a few weeks, the below (staying at Bayview) is no longer the case. Such a very, very short period of time for a complete reversal/new stadium design/planned capacity/college/supermarket plan. I can't believe for one second that those in charge of the Club didn't have the plan to relocate at the time they released the below.

So, was this utter pish and spin by the Club ? If so, why ?

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/east-fife-mail-news/Bayview-to-build-for-the.6402583.jp

Bayview to build for the future

By Scott Inglis
06 July 2010

IS New Bayview set to become the next Nou Camp?
It's not often comparisons can be drawn between Methil's East Fife FC and Catalan giants Barcelona but that could be about to change following the launch of an ambitious community sports project.

At an open day on Saturday, the club revealed plans to create a £5million indoor sports complex at the ground which it hopes will become a centre of excellence for community activity in Fife.

During their early years, Barcelona launched similar community-minded projects which ultimately gave it the platform to attract, and keep, the best in local talent at the club.

The project will be steered by the East Fife Community Sports Club and has already won the support of MP Lindsay Roy, MSP Tricia Marwick and former Scottish First Minister Henry McLeish.

Fifers associate director Harry Blyth, who will chair the working group which is behind the community sports club, said: "The facility will be available to the whole community to use seven days a week and East Fife will also get the benefit of having a fantastic playing surface for our youth and senior sides during the winter."

Funding applications and a business plan are currently being organised by the steering group which has also attracted the expertise of local architect Bob Watt.

Mr Watt said his plans as part of the "exciting project" will include an artificial playing surface, changing rooms, gymnasium and training facilities which will be available for other sports.

MSP Tricia Marwick said comparisons between what East Fife is trying to achieve now and the way Barcelona set themselves up were "not flying too high".

She said: "When it began Barcelona invested in its community and it's not flying too high to say that the same thing could happen in the Levenmouth area with the jobs and new homes we're expecting.

"There's a real confidence in the Methil and Leven areas and we need to offer people something like this."

Eugene Clarke, the East Fife Supporters Trust representative on the club board, also drew comparisons between what the Fifers are trying to achieve with Barcelona.

He said: "In the 1920s Barcelona started involving itself in the community and built the club up that way.

"Now the ground is the centre of the community and it's more than just a football club to them.

"Football clubs like East Fife are one of the few things left that communities can identify with."

Was thinking the same thing today SPF. I've never been involved in building a stadium before but I'm assuming its not the type of thing you can organise in a short time, and according to Collumbine we are "ready to go" if planning permission is granted.

Were these plans to move not in the pipeline when the club went public with their plans to develop our current ground?

Well, the new stadium is either pie-in-the-sky, way off from being a reality, with all the stuff yesterday (in the national press - live) being well premature

or

The article below was released by the Club to create a feel-good factor - set the fans up for what was coming, with the story being utter shite - just spin.

Why would Collumbine choose to do either of those two ???

And this has been bothering me all day too, not being funny, what is Rankine's business interest/living ? Is it property/building ?

Is not the only difference where this is to be built. So not really misinformation. If the planned move does not happen it would have been premature to announce it and end up with egg on their face.

?
Is not the only difference where this is to be built. So not really misinformation. If the planned move does not happen it would have been premature to announce it and end up with egg on their face.

It's not the only difference when 6 weeks later the Club is mooting an educational establishment being built, a supermarket and a rough idea of what this 'new' ground's going to be like capicity-wise. In SIX WEEKS ? Is that misinformation ? And why did Sid HAVE to get the news out live on radio in a hurry - he eludes to the need for speed in the interview ?

Does Rankine have anything to do with porperty ? (I've no idea)

The idea to move may well have been floated around a while ago but who's to say something hasn't happened in the last couple of weeks to move it closer to actually happening.

The article also doesn't explicitly mention anything being built on the current site, I don't think. There's no reason at all why the statement from Sid yesterday and the earlier article can't both be genuine.

I'm only speculating but if the club were negotiating the possibility of doing this deal with Muir, the announcement six weeks ago might have been made to, shall we say, help get a good deal (force the issue). A bit like a player who's in transfer talks having his agent moot plans for him to join another team.

Just speculation though.

But in 6 weeks he's managed to get a supermarket and/or hotel and or a college to commit ?

Again, why the haste to get it public ?

Does anyone know what Rankine does for a living ?

East Fife have been really clever in talking up the value of Bayview and the surrounding ground regarding the development when in fact they had no intention of doing this.Plans for the new stadium and complex must have been completed a long time ago for it to be ready to go to planning.
Think it was common knowledge that once the power station comes down Bayview is in the way of extending the Energy Park.

So the article was indeed spin (and bullshit).

Edit: Just saw your post Kots.

I'm amazed the new stadium story has stayed on the one thread. Usually some numpty feels their point merits a thread all to themselves!

Anyway, I believe rankin is a former bookmaker, but like most wealthy folk, will have investments all over the place. No doubt, he'll get a good return on his investment if this deal goes through...... And if the club get a better stadium out of it, with 0 debt and better prospects for the future, then win-win.

I think we might be jumping the gun in thinking its East Fife that are leading on the wider development of the new site. Im not a planner but the Im guessing the area development plan already has that site in for retail/industrial/commercial development. Given the increase in housing on the other side of the road and the expansion of the DCL its more likely that a supermarket/development company are "anchoring the site" and then looked for potential local partners. This whole area was talked about in previous 5 year plans being developed by Leven Valley Trust/gateway to the East Neuk which would be attractive to a lot of developers especially with land process relatively low at the moment. Without getting too pie in the sky it is not that far from a workable railway line too. The current Bayview site is valuable if the renewable energy park really takes off and extra space is needed either for fabrication or office space.

The club would be daft not to get involved at least in preliminary discussions about this.

From a football point of view I prefer a grass surface adn a non identikit design mixing old school with modern, but as long as were in Levenmouth or at a push Glenrothes I dont care where were playing

The railway line could be a goer if this takes off. Weren't Diageo interested in part funding the line not so long ago?

Re the supermarket - wasn't there word going around a while ago that Aldi wanted to build a new store up by Diageo? This could tie in with the new deal.

It's possible that plans were in place for the redevelopment of the New Bayview site, and it was then "suggested" that the location be changed. The plans for the ground/other pitches/facilities themselves may not have changed that much with the change of site.

I have absolutely no information on this but what I would say to those doubting how a planning application can be done so quickly.... if it is only outline planning that is being applied for ie that the land is in principle suitable for this sort of development, then all that is required is a glorified Ordnance Survey map with areas coloured for the different use (football stadium, retail area, leisure area etc) & the point of accesss & egress for the site.
The full application which would follow the outline application would require full details.
The outline application could be done very very quickly, in fact I might just rattle one off tonight beat the club to it

Another possible reason for the move.

Architect hopes to revive Fife town

Fuckin ell EFFC more grounds than Tiger Woods`s wife......

Liam Anderson
I have absolutely no information on this but what I would say to those doubting how a planning application can be done so quickly.... if it is only outline planning that is being applied for ie that the land is in principle suitable for this sort of development, then all that is required is a glorified Ordnance Survey map with areas coloured for the different use (football stadium, retail area, leisure area etc) & the point of accesss & egress for the site.
The full application which would follow the outline application would require full details.
The outline application could be done very very quickly, in fact I might just rattle one off tonight beat the club to it

Yawn....spontaneous combustion is a wonderful thing.

Hopefully you do! Now that would be an interesting headline "Rovers wanker bursts into flames whilst having an 'I've got a bigger stadium than you moment'

Liam Anderson
Hopefully you do! Now that would be an interesting headline "Rovers wanker bursts into flames whilst having an 'I've got a bigger stadium than you moment'

whatever be full on Saturday though.......

RRFC
Liam Anderson

Yawn....spontaneous combustion is a wonderful thing.
Well away and burn you arsehole

RRFC
Liam Anderson

Orgasm moment coming up I think!!!!

I'd love to see

Stand and watch from the sidelines and/or behind the goal.

3,000 seats (more than enough), but also including 1,000 or so standing (more than enough to host SPL team Cup games. We'd love it, away fans would love it. Kids wouldn't mind coming along instead of being glued to a plastic seat for 90min.

Good atmosphere, even if 25% full (and a great place to watch football. 4 sides, huge seating capacity, terraing covering half the park.

For those of us living in fantasy world (like me) IF we ever needed to expand seats in years to come, then you've got a blank canvas where the terracing would be to build what you want.

EDIT: That's supposed to be terracing at the top and right - NOT a breeze brick wall

Liam Anderson
RRFC
Liam Anderson

spurt........1500 either side, seated and covered terracing for 1000 either end would be easy to install at start of project.....not one stand and bugger all again please...we want a Rovers end.......

RRFC
Liam Anderson
RRFC
Liam Anderson

spurt........1500 either side, seated and covered terracing for 1000 either end would be easy to install at start of project.....not one stand and bugger all again please...we want a Rovers end.......

I wouldn't want terracing behind a goal only. Watching football from behind the goals is shite.

Agree. See my crude ms paint pic above! It's great to stand at Stenny but would be good to be able to get standing along the touchline ala Arbroath, Forfar etc. The view is rubbish at Ochilview when you're shooting to the far away goals.

Whatever happened to ashley Grove

Ashley Grove
Apr 3, 2009 - 8:46PM QuoteReply Re: The facts.

Have to agree with TOC's earlier post, Rankine is a speculator , I have mentioned on on previous threads about the power station and the land around of which the club own a slice , let's just wait and see if Rankine sells his shares - Dont think so
Ashley Grove

Jul 4, 2009 - 12:06PM QuoteReply Re: east fife

Dont know if this is a wind up but quite believe that through time this will happen as I pointed out a while ago about the demolition at the site of the power station and the companies who had put in a note of interest , prime site to sell with the land that Eastfife

Tesco's interest in Leven has obviously forced their hand - the club didn't want to say anything but I assume this partly hinges on attracting a big name supermarket to that site.

Hasn`t Tesco bought land from Pfaudler Balfour?

Westie who the fuck are you.A few months ago you came on this site advocating a take over by the trust.Now you have appeared again this time trying to derail this venture.What exactly is your motives and do you have a hidden financial interest in the club.

Got to be a good thing if the club can come out of it debt free. Looking forward to seeing the plans.

I think it's an exciting venture and a positive move by the club and I'm all for it!! I'd be very surprised if they put terracing in tbh, new grounds don't have terracing apart from at Stirling and they don't use it. It would be great but I don't see it happening.
As for certain board members making money out of this then I don't see the problem. They will have invested in the club because the land around the current stadium is worth a lot of money and they will have known they could get a piece of the pie. The club is a business and they will make money out of it this way. As long as we're debt free and owning our stadium then fair enough.

Fat Doug
I think it's an exciting venture and a positive move by the club and I'm all for it!! I'd be very surprised if they put terracing in tbh, new grounds don't have terracing apart from at Stirling and they don't use it. It would be great but I don't see it happening.
As for certain board members making money out of this then I don't see the problem. They will have invested in the club because the land around the current stadium is worth a lot of money and they will have known they could get a piece of the pie. The club is a business and they will make money out of it this way. As long as we're debt free and owning our stadium then fair enough.

Don't see why some terracing can't be included if the fans can show that this is what they want. The difficulty with the current ground is that this was not planned for in that the stadium was designed as a one stand project, including turnstiles, exits, pitch and ground boundaries, catering facilities etc. To add all these as an afterthought was always going to be expensive.
Perhaps something along the lines of Balmoor would be a start, with supporters having access to all four sides of the ground, this can then easily be developed further. There will also be more advertising space available with this design.

There are plenty of examples in England where new grounds have been built with terracing such as Burton Albion's Pirelli Stadium. Here's a bit of info:

"The stadium is divided into four single-tier stands. The South (Main) stand is the only all-seater stand, boasting a capacity of 2,034, which is segregated to provide seating for both home and away fans, whilst the ground also has three terraced stands, the West Stand (formerly the Bovril end, currently named the Rotala stand for sponsorship purposes), and the North Stand (currently named the nPower Family Stand, although commonly known as the Popside) are the two home terraces, whilst the East (Coors Visitor) stand terrace accommodates the away support".

This is a fab little stadium and one we should look at closely before going ahead with any new development.

Eastie. Like you, in a way, i feel that the present site had space and potential, but would you buy a new house on that site for +- 200k with a view of a massive green shed? and maybe even more engineering works being built the way the area is receiving contracts. Plus football crowds? The land was not really prime for housing, so not much use to East Fife. We made a mistake moving there, even Danskin was overheard saying that. The original 1000 seater opposite would have helped, but too late now. Everyone has learned and we have a second bite of the cherry. A stadium that will be designed with a bit of thought and not a template off the shelf. [i sincerely hope so anyway] If planning is granted and it goes ahead then lets be thankful as no other club gets that second chance. Airdrie got it right, Stirling Albion got it mostly right and clyde got it right. Livi' definately got it right.
I think we can too.
I say give it a chance and dont condemn from the start. If it goes wrong, well, it couldn't go more wrong than the initial move to the docks. We almost went bust after that because of the debt. We got lucky with fergies reserve wages from Spurs, or we might have been no more. This time, no debt and stadium ownership. Get behind it.

To put it another way, we are simply upgrading. Thats what we do now and again. If i got offered a better house and brand new that was worth more than the one i have now. Phone Oliphants.

I just hope that they have a grass playing surface!

Most likely thing to happen is the existing stand at Bayview ( made from precast)being dismantled and rebuilt with a new 1000 capacity stand on the other side.

Fifeyboab
Eastie. Like you, in a way, i feel that the present site had space and potential, but would you buy a new house on that site for +- 200k with a view of a massive green shed?

When you put it like that,NO

We made a mistake moving there, even Danskin was overheard saying that.

Agree

If planning is granted and it goes ahead then lets be thankful as no other club gets that second chance. Airdrie got it right, Stirling Albion got it mostly right and clyde got it right. Livi' definately got it right.

IMO opinion yes these clubs, well two off them got it right in regards location but all of these grounds are a millstone round the necks of these these clubs...Clydes ground,fekin Ice Station Zebra

I`ll keep my sceptic head on for the moment.I just think theres more to this new stadium than meets the eye

kenny
Most likely thing to happen is the existing stand at Bayview ( made from precast)being dismantled and rebuilt with a new 1000 capacity stand on the other side.

I think the current stand at Bayview is not very good actually, especially the facilities behind (offices, rubbish bar, no space for club shop etc). The lack of protection at the sides and the slightly shallow elevation are also negatives. A completely new main stand is a must IMO. The floodlights are the only fixtures I would take with us frankly (oh and the pitch if that were possible!).

Don't think New Bayview is all bad. The upstairs bar is pretty good. Where else can you drink a pint and watch the warm up before the game and mix with the players after it? Let's take the positives and learn from the negatives.

Fat Doug
I'd be very surprised if they put terracing in tbh...It would be great but I don't see it happening.

Why not? There is absolutely no valid reason for a team the size of East Fife (we'll never be SPL - who'd want to be part of the SPHell).

There are TENS of reasons why we SHOULD have terracing of some sort. Especially if there are two empty sides. Build two decent stands (not wee 500 ones you'd have to knock down if one of us wins the lottery) Would be the best ground out there. Fit for the SPL2 if it happens (God forbid). The terracing at Forthbank is shite and an after-thought. We could have terracing that's the heart and soul of the ground (half of a new stadium) - only needs to be a few steps.

Only another 4,000 views to go before this thread beats the Bygone Levenmouth one.

We'll do it - the fans must be heard!

Might as well put my tuppenceworth in then.

Heard (through the grapevine) that there is to be a "Project launch" at Bayview tomorrow at 12pm.

I think that if this is the case then after "hurriedly" having to put out a statement on radio Scotland the other night then SURELY the shareholders of the club should have been notified of this project happening!!!

And since it has now been THREE days since that statement and now we here of a "launch" then it is nothing short of a DISGRACE that the (little?!) people who actually invest in the club should not even be invited to or even told about any launch of a new stadium development.

Since it is now in the public domain a swift letter out on Thursday morning or e-mail or statement on the official site to ALL shareholders should surely have been on the cards.

Sorry but this is just my opinion

The second division club revealed it wants to relocate from New Bayview to a brand new 3000 all-seater ground opposite drinks giant Diageo's site at Windygates.

The major development will include stadium training grounds, a supermarket, an educational facility and a sports centre, while there are also plans for some sort of park and ride set-up at the complex.

Club chairman Sid Collumbine admits the proposals are ambitious but confirms that a land switch deal with developer Muir Homes is in the process of being done, with grants from other sources being sought to meet any outstanding costs.

While the blueprint mooted would be hugely significant for the area if it comes to pass, the relocation plans will no doubt still come as something of a surprise for supporters who last saw their club move grounds just 12 years ago.

"If the club grows the community grows and if the community grows the club grows, so it should be a win-win situation for everyone," Mr Collumbine stressed.

"We feel this is going to be a really exciting thing for the community and there are various different things planned for inside the stands and the complex which will hopefully
generate revenue seven days a week, rather than just once every fortnight.

"It's very ambitious but I'm very excited about the development and I hope businesses will also benefit from the influx of people coming into the area.

"We've been desperate to get things moving and we've spent a lot of time making sure the Ts are crossed and the Is are dotted."

However, a major aspect is that facilities will be open to the community for use throughout the week.

The new stadium, which will have two main stands to hold up to 3000 fans, is expected to cost between £4 million and £4.5 million.

While details have still to be firmed up, the aim is that any cost to East Fife will be negligible due to the land switch agreement — with a finance package attached to the land deal and community grants expected to cover the total cost.

"There should be no cost to East Fife Football Club and I've always said that I will never lead East Fife into debt. We will remain debt-free and the new stadium will be ours," Mr Collumbine added.
He pointed out that the complex should also become a major source of employment in the Levenmouth area, although he was unable to give firm figures on how many jobs could be created.

What will become of the land near Methil docks where New Bayview sits is unknown but, with the infamous power station also due to come down, talks on what should be built in the prime waterfront area are expected to gather pace.

Mr Collumbine said, "As far as we're led to believe the council want that area to build a power centre and this development will benefit Muir because it will be them building the complex."

A planning application could be lodged as early as next week and the club confirmed that work towards the new stadium will begin as soon as possible after permission is granted by Fife Council.

Eugene Clarke, East Fife Supporters' Trust representative on the club's board, said reaction from fans to the news had so far been largely positive.

"In terms of the move I don't think anyone will shed a tear because the current stadium doesn't have the affection that old Bayview had," he said, "while this plan certainly ties in with the trust's aims of the club being more involved in the community.

"We're very keen on the concept and the board's position is that East Fife will not be in debt and will own the stadium."

It is understood the proposal was moved forward after supermarket giant Tesco confirmed plans to move into Leven earlier this month.

2 MAIN STANDS HOLDING 3000!! SOUNDS LIKE THE ORIGINAL PLANS FOR THE PRESENT GROUND. PLEASE SID, NO LEGO LOOKKALIKE. IF MORE FUNDING REQUIRED, ASK US, THE FANS, MAYBE WE CAN HELP, IF WE HAD A TARGET.

The tantrum in the pram thread got 4156 views. This one could overtake it before too long.

Seems like the 3000 seater thing is already set in stone. Let's not make the mistakes of New Bayview EFFC Board, and please let's have some terracing from the off! You know it makes sense. Whilst I would prefer any standing room to be along the side of the pitch, I would settle for something behind the goals (covered) than nothing at all. The cost of this at the start of the project would be much less than adding it later.

The fans MUST be consulted on this!

Surely the board will give us East Fife fans some sort of terracing?My fear is that we will be moving to another souless ground with a plastic pitch when we had a fantastic chance to make a decent ground.Still,2 stands is better than 1 i suppose.

Whats the chances of the council rejecting the plans?If the council are behind the energy plant thats to be built on our existing ground then hopefuly it will pass without any problems.Sid seems confident that this will go ahead,i hope he doesn`t end up with egg on his face.

Am hugely supportive of this exciting news.

One plea - the new ground should reflect the history and tradition of our great club - old Bayview (where we won many of our great matches), famous players and cup wins.

There must be a connection with the heritage of the club.

RRFC
Fuckin ell EFFC more grounds than Tiger Woods`s wife......

Nearly as many grounds as cups we've won!

Edin. Yes, i agree, but extras cost more. I sincerely hope we get it right. This will be our last chance, in most of the present fans lifetimes anyway. Sids champin at the bit and i hope the board keeps the heid and thinks this completely through. Offer Tesco to have the satdium named the tesco stadium if they were to fund what the extra it would take.

Would "WELCOME TO TESCO STADIUM" sound so bad???
No worse than "WELCOME TO 1ST TO FINANCE STADIUM"

Suggest we donate the current stand to a local charity - rrfc!!!

From today's Scotsman...

By ewan murray

Of the adjectives already used to describe East Fife's proposed move from Bayview Stadium, "ambitious" has been the most generally used. Sceptical onlookers may opt for another term, amid fears as to what occurs when land developers and football clubs hook up.
Airdrie and Hamilton fans, who faced years in the wilderness, will testify to that.

East Fife are riled that news of their proposal, which has been discussed at board level for a number of months, has entered the public domain. That it would have
ADVERTISEMENT done so anyway, and possibly within the next week with proposals set to go before planning officials, apparently makes little difference.

If East Fife have their way, and planning issues notwithstanding, they could be on the move within two years to a site a mile away; they only kicked their first ball at Bayview Stadium in 1998.

And this is no straightforward project. The club aim to enter into a "land transfer" agreement with a developer, which would lead to the development of a site – worth less than Bayview Stadium is just now – into a new football ground, with facilities added on both to generate cash and to offer widespread community use. No cash, the club insist, need change hands.

The excess value of East Fife's current ground over the site they plan to move to, they believe, will lead to development coming at the cost of not a penny to the club. A hotel and supermarket complex forms part of the new proposal, with an artificial surface also cited as a key income generator. "It is simply the case that this opportunity is there," said East Fife director Jim Stevenson. "Mainly, there is a commercial aspect to it but there is also the point of the club enhancing their community projects by having the proper facilities available. That is a big driver of this."

Which all sounds very noble. Yet the blunt truth of the football stadium itself is that it will hold 3,000 – an increase on 1,000 from New Bayview, a stadium which has been unpopular with supporters. Given obvious financial restrictions, it is far-fetched to suggest any new home for East Fife will be radically different to their current ground.
"If the plan is as the club say it is, whereby we will continue to operate debt-free and own the stadium, I am fine with it," said Allan Duthie of the East Fife Supporters' Trust, before adding a caveat. "What I would want is a lot of thought put into the design of the new ground. "They would win a lot of hearts by offering adequate standing space for supporters this time around."

The reason for months of secrecy surrounding this project is unclear, if in keeping with other off-field matters at Bayview Stadium.

Stevenson claims the names and shareholdings of those controlling the club "can be looked up on the internet" but is unwilling to provide that information himself. "We have lots of shareholders, they are not anonymous," he added. In 2005, The Scotsman revealed that an eight-year-old girl was the major shareholder of East Fife FC. According to recent documents filed at Companies House, the girl, her mother and club chairman Sid Collumbine control over half of the club's issued shares.
Collumbine has highlighted this as "a good news story for Scottish football." Ironically Dumbarton, a club with which Columbine was previously involved, are the only other Scottish senior club to seriously consider a move from a newly-built home. But that was in 2007 after Neil Rankine, recently part of a consortium which took over Livingston, sold his shareholding. Rankine and Columbine were directors of Dumbarton together in 2005. Other factors in this scenario will prompt intrigue. The imminent demolition of Methil's power station, adjacent to the stadium, forms part of a plan to use the area for the proposed "Energy Park for Scotland site." It is, therefore, prime development land. Access to that power station site and those around it, if used in future for housing or a sizeable commercial development, would be made more tricky by New Bayview's presence. In blunt terms, a vast area, way beyond the existing football ground, is involved here, with whoever has ownership of that land either involved in or keeping a close eye on proceedings.

Stevenson added that he "hoped" the council would look favourably upon the plan to move. "This information wasn't meant to get out but someone has got hold of a document, the media interest has been relentless ever since."

Not least because East Fife hadn't uttered a word of this scheme to their own supporters until the media intervened. Even now, the club's official website carries not a word of information about the significant possibility of moving home. That shift could now be done twice in only 14 years. Quite what Ayr United, who have been trying in vain to make just one stadium move in order to safeguard their own future, make of this is anybody's guess.

Just back from my hols.. nearly fell off the couch when I read all this!! WOW!!

I'm cautiously optimistic.
If we're being offered two 1500 seater stands (a wee spot of terracing behind the goals maybe,)and loads of space for 4g training pitches etc, we should bite their hands off. It's an excellent site, highly visible, accessable to the larger Fife public and not tucked away down an alley in Lower Methil. It's also very accessable to people in the Glenrothes area, and the entire East Neuk will pass by it on their way south.. a proper shot at being a bigger, more representative community club for the east of Fife.

I would have preferred the money to be put into far better facilities inside the main stand, and a wee bit less seats/more terracing. But that's just me. Think 1500 seats and 3/4000 terracing would have been more practical.

Just a bit sceptical about all the other guff. A supermarket?!! FFS...
When we were initially told of the docks plans 14 years ago, we were promised a 3000 seater stadium (two stands with 2000 and 1000 on each side). There was going to be housing and an old folks home on the site, training pitches and all sorts, and most of it clearly never transpired. The council at the time had a hand in the plastic pitch debacle if I remember correctly. The stand we did get was a cheaper version of the one promised, which was supposed to be for "community use". Sid's Bar was initially supposed to be public changing rooms for the plastic pitches! So where did the rest of the money go? We should get behind the club on this 100%, while also remembering to watch them like a bloody hawk, and seek assurances every step of the way.

RE: the article

Some good points (didn't know we left Bayview Stadium in 98 though - thought we were still in it....fnar, fnar).

Uncomfortable reading actually.

Generally I'm reserving judgement until there's an opportunity to put questions to the major shareholders or the board.

The main positive aspect for me is I don't like our current ground and like the idea of a new ground with terracing (though they haven't commented on that either).

The main negative aspect for me is I don't trust Collumbine and the people he represents one bit. All this stuff about developing the current ground a couple of months ago adds to my doubts.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love all this to be as simple as it sounds, but there's 100,000 questions to be answered before i'd personally be convinced of anything.

some sponsorship deal with diageo would be good, maybe on the community side of things

After reading all the hype on this thread , the prospect of the move and the value to which the general community will get from this development is great news , but alas you always have sceptics , conspiracy theories which happen in all aspects of life when things are announced , happen. In lite of this I was trawling previous threads by posters and aformentioned by ashley grove , as we are told there is going to be a shopping centre and a hotel in the deal but where , I wonder if this person had a crystal ball.

Re: The new stand Aug 29, 2009 12:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Grove
Does anybody know if this project is going ahead the reason why I am asking is that I heard this morning at work that Tesco and Travelodge have made enquiries about land at methil docks , now this could be the site of the powerstation as I believe the asbestos has been stripped out and awaiting prices for contractors to demolish the building . The only access at the moment is over that bridge at the swimming pool or at the back of eastfife . Now before any one asks my source it is not Zak It was just a discussion at tea break from colleagues from different departments about different issues and the one about the land at the docks popped up as he new I was from Methil , Now to set the cats amongst the pidgeons