Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new ground.

what is the news on the fife moving to a new ground is it still possible.

Re: new ground.

I've been wondering that too

Same.

Me tae.

The situation remains the same as before.

The new ground project at this stage is entirely in the hands of Muir Developments and the club will not become involved until the planning issues are resolved.

Eugene Clarke

The new ground project at this stage is entirely in the hands of Muir Developments and the club will not become involved until the planning issues are resolved.

What are the planning issues?

Eugene Clarke

Maybe it's time to ditch the proposal with Muir and seek another partner unless it is the council planning who are to blame for the ongoing lenghty delays?

It ain`t happening

Bob The Builder
It ain`t happening
Correct

New ground? New players please, or a smaller ground will be required for next season's third division campaign

Eugene, did the programme from last years boxing day game, that went off and was played in Feb, not say this was a no go?

I remember asking why it had taken 2 months for anything to come out?

Either way, prefer monies to be used for players than stadium plans just now!

Aye Savoy Pitches would suit you lot.

cowdengelly
Aye Savoy Pitches would suit you lot.

aken we could fit all your supporters in the goals...

mike gill
Eugene, did the programme from last years boxing day game, that went off and was played in Feb, not say this was a no go?

I remember asking why it had taken 2 months for anything to come out?

Either way, prefer monies to be used for players than stadium plans just now!

Mike you're correct.

The new ground was never an initiative of the club, it was a proposal we had been asked to consider by Muir who were looking to create a major development at the site. We had absolutely no involvement in or control over the process, which made it impossible for us to know or comment on what was happening.

The club approach was that when everything had been completed and we were able to move into a new stadium, we would swap land.
Unfortunately the developer could not get the apporpriate planning permissions.

I thought Bayview looked a bit untidy today. Weeds behind the goals and general clutter all over the place. I know I will probably be told to volunteer but surely someone at the Club should be keeping on top of this. If it gets any worse the place will look like Coatbridge or Cowdenbeath.

durie asked the old groundsman david to take up his post again during the week, so pitch will be fine in no time

Excellent - it looked like for some reason things were being neglected.

I look forward to seeing the improvement.

Fifer
I thought Bayview looked a bit untidy today. Weeds behind the goals and general clutter all over the place. I know I will probably be told to volunteer but surely someone at the Club should be keeping on top of this. If it gets any worse the place will look like Coatbridge or Cowdenbeath.

Cover it with terracing, problem solved!!!

c
durie asked the old groundsman david to take up his post again during the week, so pitch will be fine in no time

Not the pitch so much as the general surroundings. Looked like a building site in places and the weeds made it look like it the track hadn't been touched at all over the summer.

This was the original point I was trying to make.

I assume someone at the Club is going to take responsibility to tidy the place up a bit.

Fifer
This was the original point I was trying to make.

I assume someone at the Club is going to take responsibility to tidy the place up a bit.
I`m sure if you contact the club they will be delighted to let you help out.

swap the ground for a train station thats on hold too instead of building houses by muir developments near the docks and use what we get from the council to go and build a brand new ground elsewhere in the levenmouth area that can be compared to the old bayview that we had. Seems right to me, fans wont moan and we can hold a game with rangers maybe next season in our ground

This is the kind of thinking we need at Bayview. I know it's not my idea originally but if we could swap for a station I would go for Waverley station and build a new ground(with a wee bit of uncovered terracing) in Princes Street Gardens.
The ground would need to have several smelly toilets and a couple of pie stalls so that the "old Bayview " look would be complete.
Visionary is the only way to describe Why Not?'s plan.