Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rob Ogleby

Did he play for Wales U21 this afternoon?

Re: Rob Ogleby

Came on as a sub in a 0-0 draw

we've just signed him(wrexham) til end of season...any good?

never did much,scored sum goals,usually lazy

snowy

Don't pay any attention to the comments on here about East Fife players mate. Judge the lad for yourself and make up your own mind.

Frosty
snowy

Don't pay any attention to the comments on here about East Fife players mate. Judge the lad for yourself and make up your own mind.

Eh? It was him that asked the question wasn`t it? What`s wrong with people replying and answering his question?

Tam
Frosty
snowy

Eh? It was him that asked the question wasn`t it? What`s wrong with people replying and answering his question?

Eh, I just did answer his question, what is wrong with that?

Played really well and struck up a decent partnership with Wallace when he first arrived.
As the season went on he seemed to contribute less...

he was not good. Did nothing for us. Can't win headers and didn't look like he gave a shit. He's fast supposed to be and scored a couple. He is better than he showed us. Waste of a jersey really up here.

a-ha
he was not good. Did nothing for us. Can't win headers and didn't look like he gave a shit. He's fast supposed to be and scored a couple. He is better than he showed us. Waste of a jersey really up here.

(Somebody is being a wee bit naughty by using a variation of my name.) While I was not a fan of Ogleby, (loan signings generally, in my experience, would rather be at their own clubs and offer very little to the receiving clubs)I could only judge him on what he did for the Fife; he showed the odd piece of good play but flattered to deceive. He played in more games than his performances justified,IMO. He has now moved on and like all supporters, I will leave the Wrexham boys to form their own judgement on the player. Clearly their manager must see something in Ogleby and football, after all, is all about opinions. Good luck to the lad!

AHA
a-ha

(Somebody is being a wee bit naughty by using a variation of my name.) While I was not a fan of Ogleby, (loan signings generally, in my experience, would rather be at their own clubs and offer very little to the receiving clubs)I could only judge him on what he did for the Fife; he showed the odd piece of good play but flattered to deceive. He played in more games than his performances justified,IMO. He has now moved on and like all supporters, I will leave the Wrexham boys to form their own judgement on the player. Clearly their manager must see something in Ogleby and football, after all, is all about opinions. Good luck to the lad!

(A couple of people being a wee bit naughty, using variations of my name). a-ha obviously has forgotten the goals he scored for us and the effort he put in during many games and showed how much he cared, when his over enthusiasm got him sent off, unfairly in my opinion, against Killie. AHA, while not being a favourite poster of mine, summed up well at the end of his post.

Hi O-HO,

I write for the Wrexham FC matchday programme and was looking for a fans' oppinion of rob ogleby. Would you mind if I used part of your summary as a quote in the next programme?

Please drop me an e-mail either way.

Many thanks,

Dan

Rob wears his heart on his sleeve and is a clever kid. Good with the ball at his feet for a big fellow and his movement off the ball is decent. Pacey striker who needs to work on using his physique to hold the ball up and to use his height to win the ball in the air. People forget his age and judge him purely on his goals per game ratio. I liked the way he linked up with Ryan Wallace and wish him all the best in the next stage of his career.

Wasn't impressed with Rob as a player, nothing to do with goalscoring. Pretty much did nothing. Gave the ball away/was in the wrong place too often A few touches, a moan at the ref for physical defenders and the odd burst of pace doesn't constitute much. Played well against Killie. Terrible in the air for a big guy. Couldn't understand why he kept getting played every week. Has got ability I reckon, didn't see it enough for East Fife. He might be better for Wrexham. Not too sad to see him go. Hislop or Dalziel are better options with Wallace.

Be interested in your report of how he's doing for you guys in a while. Good luck, hope you get back in the league.

He never got charged for using drugs.I would say you are a bit out of order and talking through your backside.

Dan Jennings
Hi O-HO,

I write for the Wrexham FC matchday programme and was looking for a fans' oppinion of rob ogleby. Would you mind if I used part of your summary as a quote in the next programme?

Please drop me an e-mail either way.

Many thanks,

Dan

A couple of photos on their way to you for your article Dan.

Dan - get yourself onto www.scottishfootballleague.com, click SFL TV / Ramsdens Cup / Ramsdens Cup 1st Round then go to 7:40 and you'll see Rob at his best, bagging a hat-trick. Check out his first goal (EF's second) in particular, and watch out for him trying the same trick for you boys.

All the best.

Thanks for the link, and everyone's help, will look forward to seeing him in a Wrexham shirt and we'll see what the future brings.....

Good luck to yourselves for the rest of the season.

Cheers,

Dan

Article about Rob in some Welsh newspaper.....I didn't think they could read, but there you go.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/wrexham-fc/2012/02/17/wrexham-striker-robert-ogleby-ready-to-battle-to-break-into-the-first-team-55578-30346976/

WREXHAM’S new striker Robert Ogleby admits he faces a tough battle to break into the first team.

Ogleby, who joined the Dragons from Scottish Premier League club Hearts in the transfer window, says he has been highly impressed by the quality of players he has witnessed during training at Colliers Park over the past fortnight.

And the 20-year-old knows there is no guarantee of a place in tomorrow’s line-up to take on Hayes and Yeading at the Racecourse.

Despite having been without a match for the past three weeks due mainly to the weather, Wrexham remain second in the Blue Square Bet Premier, just two points behind leaders Fleetwood Town with a game in hand.

“I’ve been very impressed with the lads in training,” said Ogleby, who has secured a contract with the Dragons until the end of the season.

“The tempo is high and the quality is first-class.

“The manager has told me the competition for places has become a lot more fierce recently and I can see why.

“I’m enjoying myself at Wrexham; there’s a great set of lads here and we just want to get out on the pitch now. It’s

been frustrating going three weeks without a game.”

Although he was born in Coventry, Ogleby qualifies for Wales through his Welsh grandfather and has won six under-21 caps to date, having scored in his second appearance against Northern Ireland.

Standing at over 6ft 4ins, Ogleby is the perfect target-man height, but the striker believes there is much more to his game than just being the big man up front.

“I’m a big lad, but I like the ball on the ground and like to get in behind defenders, using my pace,” he said.

After two years at Coventry City, Ogleby was released by the midlands club and joined Hearts in 2010.

He became a valued member of the successful U19 side and was promoted to the first team for the final game of the 2010/11 campaign against Dundee United, but did not make an appearance.

The striker joined East Fife on a six-month loan deal at the start of this season and netted eight goals in 19 games for the Scottish Second Division outfit before returning to Hearts.

He was released from Tynecastle at the end of January and was snapped up by Wrexham boss Andy Morrell.

Ogleby now wants to make his mark at the Racecourse and is very impressed with his new club.

“I did a lot of learning at East Fife, got what I wanted out of it, now I want to be a success with Wrexham,” he said.

“Before I joined I was told the club desperately wants to get back into the Football League.

“I knew a couple of the lads through Wales and they said it would be a great club to come to.

“Hopefully, I can secure a longer contract and play in the Football League for Wrexham – that’s my ambition.”

Ogleby added: “I think they are more than capable of promotion.

“There’s so much good quality in the squad and they’ve only lost a handful of games all season so they’re on the right track.”