Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1980's kits

Anybody have any information on home and away shirts worn by East Fife in particular early 1980's for out football shirt database site at www.tribal-colours.co.uk

we have the home shirts from 1983 pretty much sorted out.. were the 1970's admiral ones worn during the 80's ?

away shirts early 80's a bit of a mystery at the moment ..

Re: 1980's kits

posted up the east fife shirts from 1980-1995 today..

anyone know the sponsor in 86/87 something constructions it looks like ??

any corrections much appreciated .. really unsure of 82 to 85 away shirts and 80-82 h&a

http://tribal-colours.co.uk/?works=east-fife

Looking good Tony. I should be able to help you out with the 1987-88 sponsor as I have the home kit. I wore the number 12 shirt that season. I think it was the year our sponsor went bust.

its the season before that we cant make out the sponsors.. Reekie in 87/88 is fine..

its something construction .. ? maybe if anyone has some old programmes

Wemyss Construction was a sponsor after Lander Alarms I'm sure.

The first Andrew Forrester strip was the same as the 89/90 one before it on your site - gold sleeves with a black stripe (I still have it). The away Spall had a navy blue collar and trim - not black (identical to Raith's that same season with a different badge and sponsor).

Like your site

I seem to recall something to do with Fife Mitsubishi in the 80s.Not certain though.

Thanks for your help St Pauli Flyer.. will make the 86/7 shirt with the proper sponsors and correct the other kits...

i actually had the 90/91 kit as predominantly gold until i saw this image on the main site here

it shows the team pic wearing a kit predominantly black, with the Andrew Forrester sponsor logo. i thought it was possibly from the previous year but the andrew forrester sponsorship did not begin until the 90/91 season, so maybe the planned to use the black kit /or wore the black kit for the team pic and then changed when the season actually began?

St Pauli Fifer
Wemyss Construction was a sponsor after Lander Alarms I'm sure.

I thought it was Wemyss Brickwork?....

Mark Anderson
i actually had the 90/91 kit as predominantly gold until i saw this image on the main site here

it shows the team pic wearing a kit predominantly black, with the Andrew Forrester sponsor logo. i thought it was possibly from the previous year but the andrew forrester sponsorship did not begin until the 90/91 season, so maybe the planned to use the black kit /or wore the black kit for the team pic and then changed when the season actually began?

As far as I remember they had both the predominantly black and predominantly gold shirts that season. Pretty sure I've got photos of them wearing both.

I seem to remember that the Vauxhall garage in Cupar (Reekie) sponsored before Andrew Forrester but not sure when before.