Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
V Albion.

Well, this will be my last game this year as I leave Tuesday and come home 18th Jan. C'mon Fife, send me away a happy man with a win today. Was at Coatbridge for the 3-0 win and we outplayed them. Since then they have been on a run including scoring 7 against Airdrie and 4 against Brechin (away). This will be a tough game today but if we play to our strengths we will win.
MONTHEFIFE.

Re: V Albion.

East Fife v Albion Rovers match preview
Dec 15 2011 By Colin Paterson

IRN-BRU SECOND DIVISION:
EAST FIFE v
ALBION ROVERS
New Bayview, 3pm
PAUL MARTIN has told his Albion Rovers players to keep it simple if they want to stay in the top four.
The Coatbridge outfit beat Dumbarton 3-1 last weekend and are hoping to record a sixth league victory in eight games at East Fife tomorrow.
"I didn't think we reached the heights at the weekend but did more than enough to win the game," said the manager.
"The players deserve a lot of credit for what they achieved as it was a difficult afternoon for us.
"We're doing the simple things well at the moment and that's what must be maintained. We're getting the ball into good areas and creating good chances.
"We are in the top four but know that things can change very quickly in this league."
Two Rovers players need to keep their noses clean if they are to avoid missing the Monklands derby on Monday, January 2.
Midfielder Tony Stevenson and striker John Gemmell have both picked up five league cautions this season - with a ban kicking in at six.
Should either of the pair be yellow-carded at Methil, then they will miss the crunch trip to Airdrie.
Rovers will again be without injured full-back Barry Russell tomorrow as he continues to recover from a hamstring strain.
Tomorrow's referee: Gary Hilland.