Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safe Standing Areas

With this now on the agenda for the SPL can I make a suggestion that every all seated stadium in the country should be forced to have standing areas?

Re: Safe Standing Areas

By coincidence see the article in the Dumbarton programme on Boxing Day.

Fantastic news for the SPL if it does happen Hope we can do the same. Hate sitting down at matches these days.

This is a sensible thing to do, sitting at football grounds should be a choice if people want it rather than be forced into it. Should help create an atmosphere again at grounds as well as increasing attendances hopefully.

I think Dunfermline Supporters Trust deserve credit for bringing this to Scottish Parliament recently.

S-Pat
This is a sensible thing to do, sitting at football grounds should be a choice if people want it rather than be forced into it. Should help create an atmosphere again at grounds as well as increasing attendances hopefully.

I think Dunfermline Supporters Trust deserve credit for bringing this to Scottish Parliament recently.

Lets hope our all singing all dancing new stadium has a standing area

Bob The Builder
S-Pat

Lets hope our all singing all dancing new stadium has a standing area

I spoke about this with Sid Collumbine when the proposals for the ground were first made public and emphasised my opinion that terracing would create a much better atmosphere at home games which would ultimately lead to bigger crowds. He subsequently stated in the press that he's in favour of standing areas, so fingers crossed if the new ground ever comes to fruition.

Standing areas are a good idea .... good for concerts too.

commercial real estate financing

Well Jim should that new stadium actually come to fruition I think we could do a whole lot worse than take a close look at this. Northwich Victoria FC. The best bit of course being a great covered terrace running the length of the pitch. Capacity is just over 5000 with only 1,180 seats. Perfect.

http://northwich-victoria.blogspot.com/

Nice terracing Gof. Would like to see that at New Bayview, or Newest Bayview. In today's climate though probably not possible.

The Dude
Well Jim should that new stadium actually come to fruition I think we could do a whole lot worse than take a close look at this. Northwich Victoria FC. The best bit of course being a great covered terrace running the length of the pitch. Capacity is just over 5000 with only 1,180 seats. Perfect.

http://northwich-victoria.blogspot.com/

Perfect backdrop for my photies!!