Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
radio scotland and new signing!

Just had a question answered by robbo on radio Scotland then he revealed we have signed Darren mcCormack, says he is one of Allan prestons boys!

Any info? Think the name was mentioned before

Re: radio scotland and new signing!

Sounds like a decent player....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_McCormack

Interesting bit on wiki about his personal life

Fagan MKII? 18 appearances last season for Ross County and picked up 6 yellows.

I wonder if Robbo has been given the task of mentor?

That's a booking every 3rd game, for a central defender I can live with that.

It does seem as if he's had a, shall we say, colourful personal life but Robbo I'm sure will be able to manage him better than most.

Ryan Wallace came to us with a few unsavoury incidents having happened in his personal life and Robbo seems to have got him settled and playing some good football.
This guy is obviously a talent, let's just hope he concentrates on his game while he's here.

darren mccormack has two brains cells and they were separated at birth
hibs could not get him out of the club quick enough
to compare his problems to ryan wallace is an insult to ryan

I wasn't comparing the two, I was only pointing out that he'd made headlines for the wrong reasons and that he now seems to have ironed himself out and is getting on with his football.

A Trialist
he now seems to have ironed himself out and is getting on with his football.

he's not getting on with his football, he's dropping down the leagues because his behaviour makes his talent count for very little

1:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxPBNeBIjs

Darren McCormack - Defender, age 23.
Signed for Hibs from Hibs Youths in July 2005.
Twenty four first team appearances over three seasons at Easter Road, including six as substitute.
One Scotland U21 appearance, against Norway in May 2008.

Face it guys, if a club of our size want to get someone of this standard we can't afford to go out and buy them.
We need to either bring through a youth, get a youngster on loan or give someone a chance to put themselves back in the shop window.
Good on Robbo for securing this signature.

Bit like Cloughie and Peter Tayor - sign good players with personal problems and help the player solve them eg Kenny Burns, John Robertson etc.

Check out the link below for a book that explains all of this.

Well done Robbo and Jukeox.

http://www.amazon.com/Soccernomics-Australia-Turkey---Iraq--Are-Destined/dp/B005HKMTMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1325264970&sr=8-4

Kenny Burns, now he was hard, proper hard like. I'd like to see some of todays prima donnas such as Suarez come up against him. It wouldn't be pretty...

Great news!
Well done to Robbo and everyone at the club, hopefully more to follow in January!

Great news likes, but am a bit down about Ridgers & Oggy going back to Hearts i hope we can get them back on-loan till the end of May. Darren would be a massive boost to our defensive area with white out for a couple of weeks according to the paper He was at Hibs & ross county so darren has exprience of playing in this division for sure i would like to see a striker to strenghten that area and mcquade back to his best when he was firing in the goals at Cowden

Mon Thaaa Methil East Fife!