Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Cowden experience

I see our Cowden friends on Pie and Bovril are saying that they have never seen any bother at Central Park when East Fife have visited. As far as they are concerned the stewarding arrangements have always been adequate.
Would anyone else disagree with that assertion?

Re: The Cowden experience

Disagree, thats why i wont be there

also disagree and don't understand how this can still be an issue ??

Also disagree thats why i'l no b there also !!!

It tells you all you need to know about Scottish football when normal fans are reluctant to go to a match because of the the unhygienic and unsafe facilities.

Part of the entertainment industry? Don't make me laugh.

Agreed that Central Park is absolute dump and some of the neds that hang around there are rather off putting, but surely we should have a big crowd behind the team tomorrow? A win against THAT LOT would be the perfect way to start the year, and would give us a boost towards going for the playoffs.
Its high time we beat Cowden and I would urge as many fans to go along, even if we have to segregate ourselves from them.
Lets be vocal and lets BEAT THEM!

Morrissey
Agreed that Central Park is absolute dump and some of the neds that hang around there are rather off putting, but surely we should have a big crowd behind the team tomorrow? A win against THAT LOT would be the perfect way to start the year, and would give us a boost towards going for the playoffs.
Its high time we beat Cowden and I would urge as many fans to go along, even if we have to segregate ourselves from them.
Lets be vocal and lets BEAT THEM!

We're not good enough to beat them.

Get a grip! Of course we can beat Cowden!
How about some positive thinking for the new year?!

i will be there tomorrow fcuk the neds they wilnae stop me from supportin ma team records are made to be broken. cmon the fife we have nothing to fear. i have faith in this team could be blind faith but i think we have a squad at least capable o the play offs but if no ce la vie . still the best squad ive seen. c u at pikey park tomorrow

what a bunch of wimps not going to support the team because of a few neds! you guys should remember the seventies, if you went then, it was constant fighting,ducking the whole game avoiding bottles and cans. Coming back from firhill in 1971 with nearly all the windows smashed in the bus,they were the violent times. we dont ever want to go back to these days,but to hear fans saying they are not going to a fife derby at new year for these reasons, your having a laugh!!!!

Morrissey

We can't beat them with this team. Not good enough and consistently under performing.
4-0 to the tinks.

fact
Morrissey

We can't beat them with this team. Not good enough and consistently under performing.
4-0 to the tinks.

Pound to a penny you weren't at Aberdeen with an attitude like that. We might get beat, we might win, the least we can do is support our team.
Your username should be Opinion anyway as that is what your post is.

The one thing you can say about this current east fife team is that they are very hard to predict what team will turn up.Some times great sometimes not interested.The least the fans want to see in a derby battle is a bit of fight and commitment for the cause.Because we havent played for 4 weeks it can either work for or against us.After having attended the first two games against cowden we lost the battle of midfield twice.Their 5 against our 4 was a mismatch and allowed them to dictate the game.I can only hope robbo has seen this as well and adjusts our set up accordingly.I will definently be there tomorrow and a few neds wont stop me supporting my team.We must not fall into the trap of humping high balls up the park for mbu to mop up all day.We must be brave and keep possession and play from the back.Please robbo donot play Ovie at left back.This is a game with the right attitude and commitment we can win. So lets all get behind the lads tommorow and shout us to victory.

Methil Miner
fact
Morrissey

4-0 to the tinks.

Pound to a penny you weren't at Aberdeen with an attitude like that. We might get beat, we might win, the least we can do is support our team.

Opinion or fact? You decide.

One thing is certain. This is a poor team and any talk of playoffs is a pipe dream.
13 quid better spent on something worthwhile!

opinion
Methil Miner
fact
Morrissey

4-0 to the tinks.

Opinion or fact? You decide.

One thing is certain. This is a poor team and any talk of playoffs is a pipe dream.
13 quid better spent on something worthwhile!

You weren't there though pal. We showed up and supported our team. Sure it was crap but we did our bit. Chew on that.

Methil Miner
You weren't there though pal. We showed up and supported our team. Sure it was crap but we did our bit. Chew on that.

Good try, but maybe it's not the best idea to take on someone who predicted we would be humped and even got the exact score right. There is no consolation in being a 'better' fan just because you witnessed it.

Fan
Methil Miner

Good try, but maybe it's not the best idea to take on someone who predicted we would be humped and even got the exact score right. There is no consolation in being a 'better' fan just because you witnessed it.

Exactly

Fan
Methil Miner

So those who didn't turn up because they thought we'd get beat are better fans? Get a grip. Those who turned up this afternoon are black and gold through and through. Most of us probably expected us to to get beat but hoped we might win.

He said there is no consolation in you and other folk being better fans.

I will never set foot in central cowp again. It's a truly horrible shithole which should have been condemned years ago. The stewards are bloody useless and watch the neds jump over the wall from afar.

I don't feel safe there which is why I won't be back.

Kerriann
I will never set foot in central cowp again. It's a truly horrible shithole which should have been condemned years ago. The stewards are bloody useless and watch the neds jump over the wall from afar.

You no longer go because your team is shite

Vince Sinclair

To be fair, if that was the case, she'd have stopped going 30 odd years ago.

Methil Miner
Fan
Methil Miner

So those who didn't turn up because they thought we'd get beat are better fans? Get a grip. Those who turned up this afternoon are black and gold through and through. Most of us probably expected us to to get beat but hoped we might win.

Yet Again, you fail to see the point.
No-one said anything about being better fans whether they were there or not. Quite a few chose not to go for various reasons.
I chose not to go because
1) Cowden is a shithole with retarded neds and poor policing
2) We are shite and a gubbing was always on the cards

Same reason as many chose not to attend.

Guess we are all part time glory hunters eh?

I admire your dedication though

Vince Sinclair
Kerriann

Shut it Sinclair!! If that be the case, I would have stopped going more than 3 derby games ago!! Hope you're well son. You must be right enough coz you still have the power to be a cheeky barsteward!!

Kerriann
Vince Sinclair
Kerriann

Shut it Sinclair!! If that be the case, I would have stopped going more than 3 derby games ago!! Hope you're well son. You must be right enough coz you still have the power to be a cheeky barsteward!!

Bit much 2 drink the other night. No sign of any bother, must have bee a bit cold for the "neds" so might c u back @ CP sometime

Vince Sinclair
Kerriann
Vince Sinclair
Kerriann

Bit much 2 drink the other night. No sign of any bother, must have bee a bit cold for the "neds" so might c u back @ CP sometime

That's no way to talk about your parents.

Highlights on SFL website