Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new signing

A brechin city fan on pie and bovril saying Neil Janczyk on his way to East Fife.

Re: new signing

Think he would be a decent signing. Pity we couldn't get McManus back too !

Heard we did try to get McManus back but they rejected our offer.

Less than inspiring reviews of the supposed new signing from Brechin fans, slow, overweight and walked out on them twice.

Transfer window
A brechin city fan on pie and bovril saying Neil Janczyk on his way to East Fife.

Lazy B of a player when he was with us. Would just about make the bench in Anelkas side.

He's never played for Raith.

Snarf

He was on loan there in 2006.

Janczyk played 7 times for us between August 2006 and January 2007 when on loan from St Johnstone.

If its true about mcmanus that we try'd to get him and they refused our offer then I'm gutted. He is the player we need up top with wallace and would play for the east fife jersey unlike some.Shagger has been on fire this year just seen his stats and has only started 12 games for brechin but scored 10 that's some going. There was a thread about him not that long ago that he had fell out with jim wier and was told to leave the club and he never played much after that but the last 2 weeks he has started and scored every game the last 5 games so wier will not want him to go if it means keeping him in the job and brechin in the hunt for play offs. We are going to be short in the striker department in terms of strikers who can put the ball in the net and wallace and shagger would do just that. Are we in a position to buy him because he would be worth every penny and could mean play offs.

Where's McManus' Wiki page gone

EDIT: Deleted. Dunno why http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Paul_McManus_%28Scottish_footballer%29

I couldn't find it also, But checked sky sports and that gives his stats this year.

Big fan
If its true about mcmanus that we try'd to get him and they refused our offer then I'm gutted. He is the player we need up top with wallace and would play for the east fife jersey unlike some.Shagger has been on fire this year just seen his stats and has only started 12 games for brechin but scored 10 that's some going. There was a thread about him not that long ago that he had fell out with jim wier and was told to leave the club and he never played much after that but the last 2 weeks he has started and scored every game the last 5 games so wier will not want him to go if it means keeping him in the job and brechin in the hunt for play offs. We are going to be short in the striker department in terms of strikers who can put the ball in the net and wallace and shagger would do just that. Are we in a position to buy him because he would be worth every penny and could mean play offs.

We have a striker called Paul McQuade who has not had a chance to do anything at all since he signed. It's high time he got a proper run from the start.

I don't look at mquade as a striker more a in the hole type of player can set up and score a few from the middle. Mcquade also has had a few chance since he has come in and never for me took his chance. Have to feel for him though because he keeps on geting injured witch won't help his confidence or make the manager pick him if he is not fit.

Snarf

i totally agree that paul mcquade deserves a start he seems with games under his belt can be a real handful for defences and has some strike in him.

stuart gardner
i totally agree that paul mcquade deserves a start he seems with games under his belt can be a real handful for defences and has some strike in him.

His belt buckle is already in the last hole if you ask me...

See shagger scored again the day he is on fire at the moment. I think if he had not scored 7 in the last 6 games then we would have got chance to bring him bck. Spoke to fan the day who is close to him and robbo did want him bck and he was wanting back but that won't happen now that brechin have turned the corner and he is doing well.

It is very hard to judge new players after a game or two.However yesterday i was impressed with the new lad Mcormack when he played in the centre of defence.I think he will be a good signing as him and whyte looked the best partnership we have had at the back for a while.He will get better with more game time.I also thought Janczyk showed that he will be a decent addition to the team,he sloted into the midfield well and showed some decent touches and dig.Some fans were dissapointed with Paul Mcquade but he will need game time and a decent run in the team so he can show his worth.I acctualy thought he did well he has got good controll and pace.He played in a slot between the midfield and Ryan Wallace dont know if thats his favoured position or an out and out striker.But the lad will need time to get up to match sharpness and he will need a few games yet.Good to see Stonie and Hissie coming on and doing well,this is what we have been crying out for all season a bit of competition for places.It was a shaky opening spell but confidence must have been low after mondays shambles.Thought the lads dug in and played really well 2nd half and showed some decent fight and spirit.Still more than half the season to go but im a bit more optimistic after our 2nd half showing yesterday.I believe Falkirk are a cut above any team in our league and played some great football,only criticism i would make from yesterday was the room we gave them down both flanks.

Don't agree about Whyte and Mcormack best central defenders. We lost 2 goals in the first half and got torchered in the air.
Looked much more solid in the second half.