Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hospitality?!

Very poor show today by Falkirk not allowing our fans to use their bar before the match. Glad we are a welcoming friendly club to EVERYONE!

Re: Hospitality?!

agree . gettin to the ground and havin to walk 15 mins for a pint is pish ah ken some boys didnae even bother and sat on the bus . and pressley keeps bleatin on aboot savin scottish fitba . Start wi treatin away fans wi a bit o respect an u might get somewhere. it cost them money at the end o the day went to nearest boozer an watched the dundee game guid laugh wi the falkirk boys .

I thought a day at the football with the family was meant to be a sociable event.Well in Falkirk that appears to be a long way from reality.How can their manager go on about saving the game when true football supporters are treated with such contempt.The guy on the door at the social club was acting like the head bouncer in a london night club just because we turned up at the door with an east fife scarve.I will never be back at that stadium as long as i live.You would acctualy think they were trying to drive supporters away from football with a policy like that.They have the audacity to stand with cards before a game show racism the red card but that felt like racism today.Falkirk football club should hold their head in shame for being the most unwelcoming club in scottish football.

A bit strange and disappointing. Since when have EF fans caused trouble at games. Falkirk are unfortunately used to other fife clubs going there and being dicks particularly the black and White mob.

Hi Guys

The bar is always only for home supporters. There was no special treatment dished out today.

The main stand is for home supporters only and the home seats can be accessed from the bar.

Its not ideal I agree but not many clubs in the 1st div and above have mixed facilities for home and away supporters.

Thanks

fuck !!!!!!!!!! and we wonder why scotish football is on it's knees .

Lol !!! Hospitality LOL !!!!! That's what all the other teams do !! Yes and that's what stops football fans sharing the game. Quite interesting that we could sit with our fife rivals at cowdung last week, have a bit of banter with no dramas.

Compare and contrast with the Behind the Wall pub where a good few Fife fans were made welcome.
For £3 we were given bus travel plus a drink on return to the pub. Good banter on the bus there and back between both sets of fans.

Hi guys,

Structural damage was done to our main stand due to the severe winds. Contractors are on site today trying to fix. Safety inspection will take place tomorrow, to decide if the game will be on.

It is pay at the gate. Fiver to get into the bar in the main stand, but I think you get a "free" pie and pint...

Rgds from Falkirk

so do other away fans get in the bar ???

Myself and a friend from work got into the bar as I was not wearing colours.

The scrutiny was embarrassing and OTT especially as I was with someone who does not normally attend games.

The bar is nice etc and there was absolutely no pre-match banter or buzz and it was fairly empty - completely bland.

Falkirk FC look a bit stupid as everyone loses from this daft behaviour.

A highlight of Bayview games is mixing with the opposition fans before the game.

I think that it would be helpful if someone from Falkirk FC commented on this - I was also not able to meet friends before the game for a sociable pint as my friends were denied access later - we had all arrived early to meet up for a New Year chat - completely daft.

Methil Miner
Compare and contrast with the Behind the Wall pub where a good few Fife fans were made welcome.
For £3 we were given bus travel plus a drink on return to the pub. Good banter on the bus there and back between both sets of fans.

Exactly, had a good chat with a lot of the Falkirk fans on the bus to and from BTW. £3 for the bus there and back and a pint was a great deal. Can't understand why only home fans in the bar at stadium, no such problems at Kilmarnock where everyone mixed without problems.