Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

East Fife 2 Arbroath 1

Re: Latest Score

now 2-2 final

The next 2 games against Stirling and Albion Rov are vital, Fife have to take 6 points to kick start the 2nd half of the season. With Stirling and Forfar winning it has tightened the league up again.

What a game! End to end stuff with a draw probably a fair result although we had the chances to win it.
Some great performances this afternoon from Hislop, Wallace and Linn. Campbell and White looked good at the back and McCormack's first half display was excellent.
A lot of positives from today.

A draw was no way a fair result... We were far the better team... Robbed by the ref.... By the way Hissy had great game today.... Well done to the whole team... The effort was brilliant!

That was a great game of football.A much improved performance from East Fife and thought we played our best football in months.A much better shape and balance to the team.We missed two golden chances from point blank range when it looked easier to score.We had no weaknesses on the park but thought linn was outstanding today as was stevie campbell.As i said after out second half performance last week i was a bit more optimistic and the two new lads look like being great signings.Arbroath never really troubled us from open play but always posed a threat from set pieces.Sheerin delivers a great ball from set plays.Their second goal was a gret free kick and that kind of thing is impossible to defend.I dont know what has been said by robbo at training but the players played with a lot more fight and commitment.A special mention to hissie as he led the line well.Hope we can take this form into our next three games against Stirling,Albion Rovers and stennie.With a bit more luck in front of goal these are games we can win.Still a lot of games left and heres hoping were turning the corner at the right time.

Absolutely brilliant game today - a real advert for the Scottish Second Divison.
Both teams showed great commitment. Cook's goal was excellent and to be fair to Swankie of Arbroath, it was a very well taken free kick which he scored.
Cant really fault any of the players today. Think Arbroath will be slightly happier with the result given the balance of play.
I'm really glad though that East Fife built on their second half display at Falkirk

I would just repeat whats been said, great game today and i thought we played well. Unlucky not to win in all honesty - hopefully we can push on.

Great game today - if anyone had offered me a point before the game I would gladly have taken it. Feeling a bit disappointed at not winning the game says a lot for the way we played and the chances we created. Great strike from Cooky for the first and a great run from Stoney and measured pass for Hissy to score the second. Good to have Scott Dalziel back and I'm sure he'll be an important player in the coming weeks. Hissy led the line really well today and being Captain seemed to release Bobby Linn from the added pressure and he produced one of his best performances for months.
Janny and Darren in the middle of the park did well but seemed to tire in the last 20 mins. Hopefully with games they'll improve this aspect. Campbell and White were excellent dealing with Dorris, Sibanda and latterly Swankie. Both Arbroath goals came from set pieces - great strike by Swankie from a free kick he won by conning the Referee and Malcolm scoring with a header from a corner which hit the inside of the post on it's way in ( why did we not have anyone on the post as the goal would easily have been prevented.)
All in all an excellent game of Football with the boys showing a lot more character, commitment and team spirit. Hopefully this result and more importantly the performance will help to rebuild confidence before the next three games which are crucial if we are to climb the League. Well played lads !

Great team performance today with a lot of grit and determination.This from a team of players all sighed to the club.No loans just eleven players playing for THEIR club.

Good point, well made!!