Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
saturdays game at stirling

hi all, my son and ten of his mates (east fife fan club leeds), are going to the game at stirling on saturday, do you meet at the bar in the ground,or a pub nearby? they should be easy to spot 11 english accents in fife gear. hope we get right result, see you all soon.

Re: saturdays game at stirling

The cricket club is the usual watering hole for the Fife fans, situated conveniently 200 metres from the car park at the away stand.

Last time we were at Forthbank we met up at the bar adjacent to the Holiday Inn Express, which is just on the south side of the 'away' car park. Better atmosphere than the cricket club in my opinion, and its only a 199 metre walk.

Jim Corstorphine
Last time we were at Forthbank we met up at the bar adjacent to the Holiday Inn Express, which is just on the south side of the 'away' car park. Better atmosphere than the cricket club in my opinion, and its only a 199 metre walk.

The post match pint was in the Dunblane Hydro presumably!

Having a wee debate with myself (worrying I know!) about the best route to take to Stirling.
Kinross, Hillfoots route,
Dunfermline, Alloa route
or Forth Road Bridge, M9 route?
Tried them all in the past but cannot remember which was best. Usually go via Dunfy but that tpook around 1 hr 20 mins! Seemed very long journey!

Liam Anderson
Having a wee debate with myself (worrying I know!) about the best route to take to Stirling.
Dunfermline, Alloa route
Tried them all in the past but cannot remember which was best. Usually go via Dunfy but that tpook around 1 hr 20 mins! Seemed very long journey!

I would recommend Kelty-Steelend-Saline-Forestmill-Clackmannan-Alloa-Stirling.
Shortest distance and nice view of the Ochils.

Also Albion trust run the bar in the main stand, visiors welcome

Liam Anderson
Dunfermline, Alloa route

What I've found to be not bad in the past is to go Kincardine Bridge, then about a mile after the bridge take the Airth road. Quite a quiet run from there and just after passing through Fallin you'll come to a roundabout just outside Stirling - take a right and you're about there.
And S-Pat - yes, several post match pints in the Hydro!

Jim Corstorphine
Liam Anderson
Dunfermline, Alloa route

What I've found to be not bad in the past is to go Kincardine Bridge, then about a mile after the bridge take the Airth road. Quite a quiet run from there and just after passing through Fallin you'll come to a roundabout just outside Stirling - take a right and you're about there.
And S-Pat - yes, several post match pints in the Hydro!

The Airth road when exiting the ground is the best option, very quiet normally.

leedsfifer
hi all, my son and ten of his mates (east fife fan club leeds), are going to the game at stirling on saturday, do you meet at the bar in the ground,or a pub nearby? they should be easy to spot 11 english accents in fife gear. hope we get right result, see you all soon.

You were correct Joe, the eleven Leeds guys were easy to spot in the pub before the game! All appeared to be having a good time, and obviously the result would make their trip north all the more worthwhile!

yes jim they enjoyed it, said they played really well even when down to ten men. pies were not bad but not up to bayview standard, good day alround.see you march i think. joe

Had a chat with some of your mates L.F. Nice guys and gave Fife good vocal support. They never complained about the atrocious weather,, One of the coldest away games I've been to. We got the bitter wind right in the away stand.