Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tranfer activity

Will there be any more players entering or leaving East Fife in the January window do you think? Does Robbo have any money left do you think from the cups etc?

Re: Tranfer activity

Robbo has stated in the local press that he is hoping to bring in a couple of loan signings by the end of the month.We had a decent bench on saturday,and still have david muir and darren smith to come back from injury.This should give healthy competition for places,and if we add two more players this should give us a good depth to the squad,with 19 games to go and the likelihood of two games a week robbo knows that a strong squad is needed to make the top 4.

Think Div wil struggle to get back in the squad now.

Very few loan players ever turn out to be good for us or teams like us, I'd much rather we had a full team of our own players, and if youngsters are getting first team experience I'd rather it was our own youngsters. I suppose it's just the state of our game in general though.

I'm heading through to the game on Tuesday vs Albion. What should I expect from the new guys McCormack and Janczyk? Hopefully a few faces back/introduced into the squad by then to give it added importance for the players to perform.

You will see two players willing to put themselves in where it hurts,first time on saturday for a while that we havent stood back and admired the opposition.Both tired a bit towards the end but they look like the real deal.The shape of the team looked much more balanced,and both mcormack and jancyzck will be important players for us from now till the end of the season.

Snarf
Very few loan players ever turn out to be good for us or teams like us, I'd much rather we had a full team of our own players, and if youngsters are getting first team experience I'd rather it was our own youngsters. I suppose it's just the state of our game in general though.

Have to agree, the whole point in having a youth system is to bring through the best of the talent and gradully get them into the first team, hopefully after robbo has gone the next manager might have the balls to give a few of our own youngsters a chance.

Agreed. We should be encouraging our own players, not bringing in loan players, some of whom, it appears, quite clearly find it beneath themselves to play for the Fife. Loan deals,IMO, only serve the sending club in most cases. I would accept that some have gone on to bigger and better things, though. Lets encourage our younger lads. They can surely offer more than the likes of Ogleby, for example.

Re: Transfer activity

AHA
Agreed. We should be encouraging our own players, not bringing in loan players, some of whom, it appears, quite clearly find it beneath themselves to play for the Fife. Loan deals,IMO, only serve the sending club in most cases. I would accept that some have gone on to bigger and better things, though. Lets encourage our younger lads. They can surely offer more than the likes of Ogleby, for example.

Don't agree entirely with the idea that loan signings are no good for the team. A couple of loan signings at most and for the season rather than a few months. In my opinion if we have a couple of decent loan signings it can benefit them and us and has done in the past. This shouldn't be at the expense of
bringing through talented young players, more as an addition to that. It is ultimately up to the manager to assess whether A,The loan players being offered are good enough and B, Whether the young players are good enough to step up.

Arbroath have just signed Colin Samuel! A club that's obviously either more funds or more ambition .... or both!

Islayguzzler
Arbroath have just signed Colin Samuel! A club that's obviously either more funds or more ambition .... or both!

The Rangers game would have probably helped finance that deal.

The Rangers game netted Arbroath £140,000!!