Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Great performance

Fantastic result and performance today. It was a decent game with play going from end to end despite the difficult conditions. When McCormack got a Red for a two footed challenge (I thought yellow would have been sufficient as there was no malice) after he took a poor touch, I feared the worst. However, we actually played some decent stuff the rest of the first half and anyone walking in late would have had difficulty telling which team was down to 10 men based on the balance of play.
Second half we continued to pass the ball when we had it and got behind the ball when we lost possession. When Hissy won the header at the edge of the box it fell to Ryan who took a touch before firing the ball low to the keepers right hand corner. The goal gave us something to hold onto and credit to all the players who were prepared to throw themselves in front of shots etc.
Major credit to the Management team as well as the players as they got the formation spot on after the sending off. We played 4-1-3-1 with Janny playing the holding midfield role and Wallace joining Boabby and Stoney in midfield. We passed the ball really well, keeping it well and Stirling couldn't get near us at times.
Broonys handling and kicking were superb throughout. The back four were pretty solid after a couple of early scares. Cooky in particular played well linking and overlapping down the left side. Janny will get even better when he is fully match fit. Wallace put in a real shift when he was brought back into midfield. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad and he's fit for Tuesday. All the players deserve credit for a great team performance and hopefully they can follow it up with another good performance and positive result against Albion Rovers to propel us back into the play off area where we should be. Well done to all concerned today at a difficult venue

Re: Great performance

Thought I was watching Barcelona at times. Superb display with plenty of skill and more importantly it looks like we have the desire to win back.

Real team performance everyone played a vital part , including the subs. Thought Robbo got the tactics and subs spot on. Hope we can build on last two performances on Tues but will be difficult after hard shift and possibly losing. Wallace & McCormack ( does anyone know if hel b suspended for Albion rovers game or will it b from next Sat?

Bayviewboy has summed up the match perfectly. After going down to ten men I thought it was going to be 'backs to the wall' stuff, and I thought I would be better taking myself and cameras around to the half-way line in order to capture the action as I thought we would be camped mainly in our own half from then on. Fortunately, I decided to remain behind the goal and take up the same position for the second half, and I was rewarded with some cracking photos (despite the conditions!) as we continued to press and create chances for the entire 90 minutes. Well done to all - it was a gutsy performance, and the determination to succeed was written all over the players' faces throughout.
It'll be tomorrow morning before the photos are uploaded to the official site though - I'm still thawing out in front of the fire with a wee Lagavulin!

Tremendous team performance today with ALL players contributing.
I thought that Stirling started off the better with 2 balls inside Durie and Cook within the first 10 minutes causing us bother.After the deserved sending off-5 years ago it would have been a booking-the team dug in and were much the better team.
Unfair to single out specific players but I thought That Campbell and White galvanised the defence while Wallace ran his socks off and fully deserved the goal which he has been needing.I hope his injury is not too bad.

There in no doubt in my mind that experience was in abundance as EF passed the ball and totally controlled the second half.
Stirling did miss a sitter in the last minute which would have given them a draw which they barely deserved.
The only concern I have ,and it happened at Falkirk,was the full backs tucking in to support the central defence,whilst leaving the opposition wide players time and room to get crosses in.
However I am sure that they are acting under instructions.
After the past 3 performances I can definitely say that the Fife are on the up.
Famous last words!!!
Roll on Tuesday

McCormack will be suspended for Tuesday. Not a malicious challenge but it was two footed & Murray didn't hesitate to show the red card.
Thought Cooky was immense, that was how he played when he was with us the season before last. His engine is incredible! Great 3 points now lets kick on!

A rare and well deserved three points at The Doubletrees today.
I thought all the hard work was in vain when in the 3rd minute of stoppage time Broony palmed the ball out to the Stirling no 7, who blazed over the bar from six yards when it looked easier to score. Still a bit of revenge from when Bambi bundled one in in the 95th minute, to deny us a win in Archibald's time.

Don't think it is any coincidence that with an experienced player like Hissie coming back in that there is a difference to the team.

With him taking the armband back, it frees the responsibility from Linn who has been back to his bets the last 2 games. Hissie, who may not look the most graceful of players, adds so much to the team. For example, after the sending off today, he runs the channels well, he wins so may corners or throw-ins for in the last 10 yards of oppositions half, he talks the team through games and looks to command respect, he sets goals up (he doesn't have to score if others finish off his donkey work). If a player does well, he compliments, if a player makes an error he encourages or gives them a hard time if deserved. He really enjoys playing for the club and that is obvious through his facebook and twitter. He told me that last week that Robbo was prepared to get rid of him but he feels that he has too much to offer and speaking to the boys and looking at their posts on facebbok and twitter also, Hissie is a popular player and well-respected.

We all know that Robbo isn't as popular in the dressing room as he may think but we have to get behind the team and performances like that today, especially with 10 men, seem to galvanise the players as per their social netwoking.

Some fans don't agree with social networking but some fans are never happy and I think the boys are tiht to express their positive and negative feeligns after a game and you could see tonight how happy they were after a battling win with 10 men.

I just feel players like Hissie go unrecognised. I do believe that Wallace performs better with the big man. Broony was superb today as were the 2 centre-halfs who were composed. Stuff it, they were all superb even the subs. Onwards an upwards I hope but it is the Fife so who knows. Pity it appears Hissie is unavailable on Tuesday due to a family funeral.

Totally agree with the previous post, and Hissy will appreciate your comments.

Fantastic result.odds 0n Fife will be up to 4th after next saturday. Play off position cert COME ON

East Fife Fan
We all know that Robbo isn't as popular in the dressing room as he may think

Robertson will be the first to tell you he is not in a popularity contest. He won't think for a minute that he's popular in the dressing room. We wouldn't want to be either.

I couldn't put it better myself. You are spot on about Hislop. Others are very quick to have a pop at him so it is good to see that at least some others notice what he offers to the team. Over the last 2 and half games, IMO, he has played well. No coincidence that the team, and certain players, in particular, Bobby and Scott D, have also played well. The whole team, including subs, yesterday battled and played well in conditions which were horrendous. Well done, boys.

Hislop has set a standard so he will know he will have to maintain it. That, of course, applies to all players. If Hislop plays like he has done recently,he should stay in the team and it would, therefore,be a mistake to let him go, IMO. Consistency of performance, however, is the key for him and the team from now on. From what has been said, it would appear that other players would be sorry to see him go. Big Scott has potential but he is not fully fit at the moment and is he over his injury problems? I am sure that he will learn a lot from watching and playing with an experienced player like Hislop. Not sure how bad Ryan's injury is.

Trouble is you never what goes through Robbo's head at times when he has in the past been blinkered to certain players' performances. We should be in a better position than we are now. Lets hope that we don't get any more dud loan signings, thanks very much. We have played well without loan players.

Play well, you are in the team. Don't play well, you are oot! Seems fair or is that too simple!

If Hislop is not available to play on Tuesday, I hope his recent performances are not forgotten by the manager. I would expect Robbo to be sympathetic to the situation at this difficult time for our captain. C'mon the Fife.

Not since the heady days of SPFs love affair with Lloyd Young have we had such a touching romantic story as AHAs infatuation with Hissy.It truly would bring a tear to a glass eye!xxx

Big result yesterday. If we had been beaten we would be proping up the league this morning. Now a win against Albion and Stenny we can be 3rd spot next sat,if Forfar beat the sons. Tight and exciting league, you can keep the SPL!

Babs (male or female):

You should stick to writing books instead of offering childish comments. I give an opinion about one player (and others)and you provide nothing from a football point of view, agreement or otherwise. Just a cheap shot at fellow contributors. I can only assume that you know hee-haw about football and can, therefore, offer nothing constructive on that topic. If you, in fact, go to the games, stick to the case in point. Remember, I was only adding to an earlier post. Why no reaction to that one?

If you don't rate Hislop, fair enough.Then again you are perhaps trying to be funny? If you are, fraid I don't share your sense of humour.

Nice one AHA,delivered with the passion of a man in love.xxx

Cheeky!!

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/sfltv

Highlights now on at 13 minutes 4 seconds