Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Samsung creats up to 500 jobs along the road.

Has anyone from the club thought about getting in touch with Samsung for sponsorship? Invite any dignitaries along for drinks etc?

Golden op if you ask me....

Re: Samsung creats up to 500 jobs along the road.

Just a thought...
Has anyone from the club thought about getting in touch with Samsung for sponsorship? Invite any dignitaries along for drinks etc?

Golden op if you ask me....

Exactly what I thought when I read it, got to be proactive and get a line of communication going. It's not every day you get this happening on the clubs doorstep. £1million for naming rights to the "Samsung Wind Turbine Energy Technology Bayview Stadium" anyone?

I can just see the headlines.
"SAMSUNG DROP CHELSEA SPONSORSHIP IN FAVOUR OF EAST FIFE" or maybe sponsor both ,or maybe a tie up with us and Chelsea.

500 jobs in the renewable energy sector?
I'll believe them when I see them.....and I'm pretty confident I never will.

A Trialist - think i've discovered your identity. You must be Joe Cochrane.

stop being a tedious wanker, this is not a thread about 'will there actually be 500 jobs' or not.

It's about opening up possibilities for the club.

Samsong could for example sponsor the kids, putting something back into the community etc.

Some folk on here would argue about the colour of shite at times...

Spirit of the Mound
A Trialist - think i've discovered your identity. You must be Joe Cochrane.

Ha ha!! I was thinking exactly the same!!

It would be a tragedy if jobs came to the Energy Park.
Joe cochrane would need to join the dog shit group.

kd
"SAMSUNG DROP CHELSEA SPONSORSHIP IN FAVOUR OF EAST FIFE" or maybe sponsor both ,or maybe a tie up with us and Chelsea.

Nice thought!

Curiosity got me looking at this and it seems the Chelsea samsung are "Samsung Electronics" and the Methil Samsung are "Samsung Heavy Industries". Although part of the same Conglomerate, they trade and operate as seperate companies.

A bit like how there is a yahmaha that makes motormikes and a yahmaha that makes grand pianos.......same Conglomerate but very different companies.

But on

MaRY_BaLE
kd

Nice thought!

Curiosity got me looking at this and it seems the Chelsea samsung are "Samsung Electronics" and the Methil Samsung are "Samsung Heavy Industries". Although part of the same Conglomerate, they trade and operate as seperate companies.

A bit like how there is a yahmaha that makes motormikes and a yahmaha that makes grand pianos.......same Conglomerate but very different companies.

But on

And Yamaha make motorbikes too

Just because there was a virtual news blackout about this (because the investment was attracted by a government that the BBC despises with all its heart), doesn't mean the jobs aren't coming. The jobs are coming. Good news for Methil and Fife... hopefully EFFC will benefit too.

I heard it on BBC Radio Scotland and saw it on BBC Scotland evening news so it was hardly a virtual blackout. A story like this doesn't usually reach the BBC national news unless it's a quiet day.
Good news and well done to the Scottish government but why do people like Sam Sung want to give out the "wee country with a big chip on it's shoulder" image.

I saw it reported pretty heavily as well.

But let's not let petty details like that get in the way of some blatant nationalist paranoia though huh?

Just need a railway station now...! Any word of what's going on with that?