Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The GERS

Not much on the subject? A big point and the situation will effect us all. Your thoughts?

Re: The GERS

No one likes them... we dont care.

May they die a horrible death and allow Celtic to fuck off to England and leave the Scottish game to actual football fans.

who gives a fuk???

Mega LOLs.

I have zero sympathy for them. They couldn't care about Scottish football when they persued a move to the EPL so why should Scottish football care for them now?

They tried to dodge the tax and now they try to dodge the debt - what makes them think that the rules everyone else plays by don't apply to them?

Rangers (and Celtic) consume a very disproportionate amount of the financial resource of Scottish football leaving scraps for everyone else. Gone are the days of transfer fees so it is not as if the resources they consume trickle through to the rest of the clubs.

They should be punished without lieniency and Scottish football be reorganised to the mutual benefit of all clubs. After all, a strong Scottish league is in the interest of all clubs in the long term.

I echo every single post made so far.

I do not like to see clbs in trouble but Rangers have cheated other clubs when they have paid the taxes due.(Even Hearts at the last hour)
They should have everything they have won since they started cheating removed from history and made to work on a budget for a set period, say 5 years. Then be made to hand over 20% of every home game money to the away side as compo for as long as they have been found cheating.

The more i write may they have a long painful death.

i did see it posted in another forum that if they went into liquidation cowdungbeath would become a sacrificial lamb and become they new rangers given there owner is this a possibility.....two loads of soap dodgers wrapped into one

leave us out of this ya black and yellow moron.

Better say your prayers cowdengelly pmsl...

Fitbaw fan
Not much on the subject? A big point and the situation will effect us all. Your thoughts?

How will it affect East Fife?

I wouldn't wish this on any Scottish club, apart from either of the old firm.

Bollocks to rangers. They effectively cheated through the advocate era and broke the law from then till now. They deserve liquidation. Can't believe some radio pundits reckon a new rangers would get voted back into SPL. This would send out the wrong message that the old firm can cheat and break the law yet still play in the top tier regardless.
Agree with the comment about there trophies being taken off the history books, during their illegal period. If they can't manage within the rules that the rest of try to follow they deserve their destiny

The religious hatred which Rangers and Celtic have encouraged and thrived on has caused a huge amount of damage to Scotland. However the punishment for Rangers can only be within the existing rules and power of the football authorities and the legal system.
The footballing punishment will be points deducted, etc etc. I would think that if the amount of tax avoidance involved is proved to be as reported then the survival of Rangers in their present form is in the hands of HMRC and,if there is anything left,the other creditors. On TV tonight it was reported Rangers were due Hearts £750K ??
The fly in the ointment seems to be the question of who owns the assets e.g. the ground and Murray Park - the club or A N Other.

essex fifer
i did see it posted in another forum that if they went into liquidation cowdungbeath would become a sacrificial lamb and become they new rangers given there owner is this a possibility.....two loads of soap dodgers wrapped into one

Good point Essex Fifer. @Cowdengelly - wouldn't take that as bait, a valid point worth discussing among your fellow Cowdung supporters.
Remember Clydebank - Now called Airdrie United?
Cowdenbeath have a good chance of winning promotion to the first division this season. Instead of moving to a brand new all seater stadium, the chairman moves the team into an empty one in Glasgow with lovely blue seats. Glasgow Cowdenbeath is about as ridiculous a name as Methil Milan. "I know," says the chairman, "lets call ourselves Rangers 2012!" Rangers 2012 walk away with the 2012/13 First Division title and are "back" in the SPL for the 2013/14 season. Soon after, the "2012" will be dropped. Makes sense.
Hope not though. Just saying....

AS there's no Glasgow in Rangers name I think they will simply rename themselves Glasgow Rangers.Hope to fuck the SPL and SFL have fuck all to do with them tho.

Who'd have that "theres not a team like the glasgow rangers" was in fact a prophesy.

cowdengelly
leave us out of this ya black and yellow moron.[/quote

just so you know, i would hate this to happen. rangers deserve to go down the tubes for there behaviour. but what if?

Anyone who thinks the fall of Rangers would not affect Scottish fitbaw is aff their heed. A lesser Rangers = Na Sky = Na Sky = N a 2nd rank European/English players plying their trade in Scotland = Na fancy big shot players = left wi any half decent 1st/2nd division Scottish players snapped up for the Premier league = pish lower league fitbaw.Get the picture?

Anyone who thinks the fall of Rangers would not affect Scottish fitbaw is aff their heed. A lesser Rangers = Na Sky = Na 2nd rank European/English players plying their trade in Scotland = Na fancy big shot players = left wi any half decent 1st/2nd division Scottish players snapped up for the Premier league = pish lower league fitbaw.Get the picture?

Fitbaw fan
Anyone who thinks the fall of Rangers would not affect Scottish fitbaw is aff their heed. A lesser Rangers = Na Sky = Na Sky = N a 2nd rank European/English players plying their trade in Scotland = Na fancy big shot players = left wi any half decent 1st/2nd division Scottish players snapped up for the Premier league = pish lower league fitbaw.Get the picture?

Na

Na

Fitbaw fan
Anyone who thinks the fall of Rangers would not affect Scottish fitbaw is aff their heed. A lesser Rangers = Na Sky = Na 2nd rank European/English players plying their trade in Scotland = Na fancy big shot players = left wi any half decent 1st/2nd division Scottish players snapped up for the Premier league = pish lower league fitbaw.Get the picture?

Worst collection of points I've ever seen on AFTN

Fitbaw fan

NA NA - NAAAAIIIII!

HULLO! HULLO!
WE ARE THE COWDENGELL
HULLO! HULLO!
YOU'LL KNOW US BY OUR SMELL

They come fae near Lochgelly
They're worse than Gary Kelly
Now Findlay's gonnae sell ye
The Cowden Family

They're safter than poor Pele
Bought by that Craig Whyte fellae
The Cowden Family

And they'll be on the telly
As 'Rangers Cowdengelly'
The Cowden Family

And their Goodyears and Pirellis
Will be melted doon for wellies
The Cowden Family

Cheats, arrogant, delusional and greedy basically sums Rangers up. The words reap what you sow also come to mind. May they rot in hell. Unfortunately they will no doubt reform under a new parent compmay and carry on much as before, taking the Sky money along with their chums from across the city (let's face it, the gruesome twosome need each other to ensure their pockets are suitably lined) and sticking two fingers up to the rest of Scottish football in the process.

Oh and a 10 point deduction? That moves them from second place all the way down to..second place. A complete joke. Livingston and Dundee took far bigger hits for substantially less evils.

Livi and Dundee were in the SFL which govern under different rules

I was aware of that Doug but it just shows how inept, self-centred and out of touch the SPL is.

The Dude
Livingston and Dundee took far bigger hits for substantially less evils.

Not quite. Livingston and Dundee were severely punished because they both entered administration for a second time. Rangers would also be dealt with more severely than just a 10-point penalty if they repeated the offence.

Do you really believe that? Sorry, Rangers' misdeeds far, far, outweigh those of Livingston and Dundee. its one rule for certain clubs (have a guess) and another for the rest of us.

Yes I do believe that, because it's true. There is a penalty if you go into administration. It is increased if you do it again.
You must be familiar with this from the courts. If you are found guilty of a crime, you will get the standard sentence. If you do it again, you will get an increased punishment. As happened to Livingston and Dundee in football.
There are mechanisms in place to trigger further punishments for Rangers.
As far as the football authorities are concerned, Rangers have been dealt with by the letter of the law. Meanwhile the SFA are pursuing Craig Whyte under the 'fit and proper' rule and have launched a full inquiry into what has gone on at Ibrox. Please spare us "the one rule for them, another for the rest" accusation. They are after Rangers.
And I don't recall East Fife being pursued under the 'fit and proper' rule when we should have been.

If a company's assets are worth more than their debt then why shouldn't they pay up?
I really hope Rangers FC get taken all the way by their creditors.

The Dude
let's face it, the gruesome twosome need each other to ensure their pockets are suitably lined) and sticking two fingers up to the rest of Scottish football in the process.

Well said, The Dude. The very fact that the other half are gloating (their "fans" and club officials, including their sickening manager alike), makes it very, very clear that Scottish football would be infinitely better off without the bigoted twoesome. Don't fool yourselves; the one half is no better than the other when it gomes to sectaniarist hatred. Get rid of both, and THEN we can all have jelly and ice-cream!!

Jim Corstorphine
The Dude
let's face it, the gruesome twosome need each other to ensure their pockets are suitably lined) and sticking two fingers up to the rest of Scottish football in the process.

Well said, The Dude. The very fact that the other half are gloating (their "fans" and club officials, including their sickening manager alike), makes it very, very clear that Scottish football would be infinitely better off without the bigoted twoesome. Don't fool yourselves; the one half is no better than the other when it gomes to sectaniarist hatred. Get rid of both, and THEN we can all have jelly and ice-cream!!

Jim, well said!!! A Carlton bridge roll awaits you!!

Methil Miner
If a company's assets are worth more than their debt then why shouldn't they pay up?
I really hope Rangers FC get taken all the way by their creditors.

From various articles I have read the mystery is who owns the assets ? The £24m may be with the parent co. possibly also Murray Park and Ibrox.
It would seem unlikely that these plus any other assets are worth less than the debt especially when any HMRC debt is still to be proven.