Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bad winners

Enjoyed the match and result today but my afternoon was spoiled by the show off who won the 50-50 draw at half time. Good on him for scooping £150, but did he really have to rub our noses in it waving all the way back to his seat like he was 'special'?
Hope he can learn some humility.

Re: Bad winners

Its called having a laugh (banter)

I think Albert is bang out of order. I have been in the winner's company a few times and it would be difficult to find someone with more humility. Quite often, on the bus back from away games,a lot of fans have been brought out of the depths of despair by tales of his Eurpean travels. He has often said that the only reason he has never bought a home match programme is that the thought of a tree giving up it's life tears him apart.
Although he would never admit to his charitable nature
it will probably come as a surprise to people like Albert that there is already a donation on its way to the Abu Qatada Retirement Home in Jordan.

Also thought he went a bit too far with parading his winnings in front of some hard up supporters who had paid hard earned cash to watch their team, unlike HIM who also gained entry via a complimentary ticket!!
Obviously his winnings have went to his head as my Son`s Girlfriend works in the Indian restaurant where he is wining and dining tonight.
Apparantly he is there just now, waving the cash about, going on about how it doesn`t matter if everyone at the table has poppodums, because the meal is on him!!
Honestly, you couldn`t make it up!!

Bloody big head. Makes my blood boil when people flaunt their wealth like that

Am I missing something? You cannot be serious?

Never been on this forum before but have to say that after being at the game today for the best part of 75 minutes, I can honestly say that in all my years of watching and playing football, I have never, ever seen such an act of arrogance and downright shocking display of wealth.
And I include Steven Tweed in that statement!!

if you've got it hide it is my motto. suggest offshore bank accounts

What made you leave after 75 minutes John? Still ducking the beer bottles?

correct me if i`m wrong but a bit confused here. is this the same dude that keeps on going on about travelling around europe to anyone that will listen?
if so, seemingly he is just back from a 2 day "trip" to amsterdam.
money talks eh?

Albert Tatlock
Enjoyed the match and result today but my afternoon was spoiled by the show off who won the 50-50 draw at half time. Good on him for scooping £150, but did he really have to rub our noses in it waving all the way back to his seat like he was 'special'?
Hope he can learn some humility.

Could have been worse. . . Wait Until we play rangers soon, then try doing that lol

Just wanted to say good luck for the rest of the season. I had the pleasure of one of your fans in the cab tonight and he told me about the great performance by the fife and his luck at the half time draw. The fare was £9.70 and he said "keep the change neebur" and he gave me a 20! That said he did go on a bit about holidays, Christ I thought I had a red head Judith Chalmers in the back!

Did he mention Pontins?

Did the complimentary ticket orginate from a forfar player.Pay your way neebur.

Should use his winnings to go to a proper hairdresser instead of getting his missus to hack the fuck oot his copper pubed barnett!

Shocked at the abuse being thrown at a well known and tireless charity worker.If I know that chap then I`m sure that money will have already been donated to some worthy cause.He won`t brag about it but he once bid for a cake at an EF auction ,won it,and donated it to a childrens hospital.I`m filling up here as I recount this utterly selfless act and can still see the looks of sheer joy on the faces of those wee mites as that knight in shining armour presented them with that glorious bakery creation!

these posts are brill.

Wasn't there, who won the draw!

Gonni geez a len oh a tenner....

harry
Did the complimentary ticket orginate from a forfar player.Pay your way neebur.

I did hear that he passed on the ticket to a young girl and it had written on the back see you after the game,when I left about 6.oclock the first prize had not been claimed ticket green 321,mini won the case of millers

I happen to sit quite near this lottery winner and couldn`t help overhearing his conversation with a fellow supporter.
Basically, the converstion was about the quality of the pies etc, but the lottery winner couldn`t seem to be able to help himself as he launched in to a never ending story about eating Russian Dumplings in Krakow!!!
Honest to goodness, I thought I was sitting in front of the late Keith Floyd!

His incessant,culinary waffling was only halted when he spotted some girl walking along the bottom of the stand. After sorting his hair he then tried to catch her attention by pointing at an invisible watch as if to try and confirm a time?

I look forward to Tuesday. No doubt the lottery winner will arrive in a limo and have a padded seat in the stand!

Unfortunately I have to pass on some all too familiar bad news,it seems like the money winner has already blown his fortune.How often does this happen?A big money winner gets carried away blows the lot and ends up working as a prostitute in order to make ends meet.Sad stuff.