Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Entertainment and Attracting new Fans?

I was at today's game with my family against Forfar, Ok it was a good game and the best team won on the day and i travelled from the West and going back all happy. Can someone tell or enlighten me on where was the rafflie tickets was been sold and when? because when i reached the ground i couldnt see anyone selling them or notices about the rafflie though i did buy the half time tickets also the lack of entertainment for kids non-members wise is poor to attract any new fans in the area to come and support the club i.e like they do at the fife flyers. The pie-stall is very poor maybe could do with some winder range of products rather than pie's. Yes the attendance is over 500 due to postion in the current table and the weather climates we have at bayview but we should be doing more to attract any new fans willingy to come out of the woods and support the club and many of us might not be in the junior supporters club aswell like the lucky winner of the draw. After todays win against forfar and we are four points behind Stenhousemuir and they slip up, we get to the play-offs and go up this could go down well amongst many going to the game every week and supporting the black & gold even though the atmosphere is really dull as you all know down at bayview, but if the team is playing like they did today then people will come along thats how i see it.

Re: Entertainment and Attracting new Fans?

Fair and honest comments N.S.
Hope you come back. The away games are brill, plenty banter especially at the grounds with standing areas and a crush barrier to lean on.

Fifeyboab
Hope you come back. The away games are brill, plenty banter especially at the grounds with standing areas and a crush barrier to lean on.

Same and usually do make the journey and support the club. Yeah used to go to all the games when they won the leauge in division three would be good if we had a terracing behind the goals to keep out the cold sea wind blowing yestarday and we would need another stand to have the ross county & the teams in the first down if we go up and spend a good weekend before going back on the sunday with a good win.
Old bayview had the terracing that was better.

Netural Supporter
we should be doing more to attract any new fans willingy to come out of the woods and support the club

leave them be in the woods, I'm scared of them

Netural Supporter
Fifeyboab

Same and usually do make the journey and support the club. Yeah used to go to all the games when they won the leauge in division three quote]

glory hunter springs to mind

????????????????
Netural Supporter
Fifeyboab

Same and usually do make the journey and support the club. Yeah used to go to all the games when they won the leauge in division three quote]

glory hunter springs to mind

The boy says he travels from the west. Long way to come in search of glory.

Good comments in all fairness!!!

In my opinion i think it would be good business for the club to maybe do more in terms of entertainment etc for fans.

On the grass area next to the ground, what about a drinks tent/kiosk type thing (cant think of the word lol) i also take into account that the club has the bars etc in the ground but this could b a gd place for many fans to meet up and get a pint or 2 before it.

Entertainment on that area too along, local bands etc playing before games?

i also think music before games and at half time needs to change as ''heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey baaaaaaaby'' really gets on my nerves lol, prefer something that will lift the mood etc

What do u think?

"The lack of entertainment for kids, non-members wise, is poor."
This is exactly why we need terracing. Boys could run up and down the steps and swing on crush barriers until they are old enough to watch the football. Terracing also gives you the freedom to roam around, especially at half time. Standing area also needed for away fans. Youngsters don't want to sit down at the football, they want to go and stand at "the cage" (segregation), or stand behind the goal and distract the opposition's goalie. This and lower admission prices are the only way the club will attract youngsters - the future supporters.

"The pie stall is very poor. Could maybe do with a wider range of products, not just pies."
Sorry, but you go to the football, you get a pie. Aside from the fact that if the man who runs the pie stall started selling filled baguettes and croissants, he'd be throwing away a hell of a lot of food to the seagulls at 4:45PM. Terracing, distracting the opposition's goalie, swearing at the linesman, taunting the opposition's fans, pissing in stinking concrete toilets and smoking are rapidly disappearing from Scottish football. Take away pies and Bovril and it's finished. Also, the pies are alright. You'll never get as good as Peterhead's, but you won't taste much better. At least you get a plate with your pie at Bayview.

"We should be doing more to attract any new fans to come out of the woods and support the club."
Build terracing. Have a boys' gate with CHEAP admission. What teenager going to the football with his mates can afford £7?

"And many of us might not be in the Junior Supporters Club, like the lucky winner of the draw."
Take your kids along to join. I'm sure they'd be more than welcome.

A winning team on the park, a bit more atmosphere and far more realistic pricing would hopefully bring back more fans £13 is too much at this level. Clubs need to take a look at the pricing structure and then look at falling attendances, in the current climate it's a major factor in the poor crowds that we are seeing all over.