Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's game

Three points, not very pretty but a win & another clen sheet.
Airdrie are a disgrace, nothing but thugs in football strips!
We should have had an early penalty when Sloan was hauled down in the box then their keeper was red carded for handling outside the box. Strangely even though Adam didn't complain the Airdrie fans booed the decission. We then got a penalty when Sloany burst into the box & was hauled down by last man Lynch. Apparently the ref told Sloany that he didn't send the guy off as it would have been harsh having just sent the keeper off! WTF is that all about, last man = sending off end of!!
The Airdrie fans booed that decision too!
Airdrie had a great chance at the start of the secoind half but Stevie Campbell made a great clearance.
We then wasted opportunity after opportunity by making the wrong decision with our final passes.
Lynch was then sent off for his second booking for a wild lunge on Ryan Wallace which should have been a straight red.
Stonie scored with a close range header with three mins to go.
Airdrie could & should have had a penalty in the last minute when Donnelly was fouled by Cook but the ref said no!
Guess what? The Airdrie fans booed that decision too!
Nothing odd there as they boo even when they're winning apparently!

Re: Today's game

How many red cards have Airdrie had this season? Way into double figures I reckon

Good three points! Average team performance against a brutal Airdrie side. The ref had a nightmare!!!! Airdrie could have been done to 8 or even 7 players but he totally bottled it. But to be fair, the hostile away fans probably contributed to his indecision.

One issue though. Why do teams persist on only leaving 1 forward up for an opposing corner. This annoys me at the best of times and today we had a two man advantage and when airdrie had a corner, we only left Ryan up. Surely if we left Wallace, Linn and stoney up, they would be forced to leave 4 or 5 defenders back, which would reduce the threat. Just baffles me!!!

Three points tho, thats the main thing!!!!!

Good to get back to winning ways and also a clean sheet. Hopefully more of the same on Tuesday at Forfar.
Not exactly a convincing performance especially against 10 then 9 men but we did enough to merit the three points.
A couple of observations. Why didn't we keep the ball moving on the deck and keep players wide to stretch the Airdrie defence and tire them out ?
Secondly, when we have have free kicks around the box we never show any invention. Linn, Sloan, Wallace or Jancyck just seem to take it in turns to hit it into the wall. Earlier in the season we scored a terrific goal off a rehearsed free kick at Stenny. Too many corners and free kicks don't get past the first defender. Are the Coaches not working on corners and free kicks during training sessions ?
Hopefully with a bit of work on these things games like today could be put to bed earlier and help to build more confidence for upcoming games.

. . . . And Lovering came on with 9 mins to go and didn't get booked! Tut Tut yer standards are slipping!!

Mike Gill
. . . . And Lovering came on with 9 mins to go and didn't get booked! Tut Tut yer standards are slipiping!!
ii

Mike he could easily have seen red too!

I

Ritchie
Mike Gill
. . . . And Lovering came on with 9 mins to go and didn't get booked! Tut Tut yer standards are slipiping!!
ii

Mike he could easily have seen red too!

I[/quote

Ritchie, I'm not in the least surprised! He would have thought he was missing out!

With this result, we are moving closer to our dream of consolidation.

Unfortunately, no photos today.
All entirely the fault of BT OPENREACH who insisted that I was on duty in the Kirkcaldy office from 08:00 (I was there at 07:45!!) until 18:00. Guess what? In the event my prescence wasn't actually required!! (yet again!!)
... and before anyone accuses me of working overtime.. no, I have to take a day off through the week to compensate. B*5tARD5.

Good thing there are no photos. They would have to put an 18 Certificate on the Club site the way Airdrie carried on.....

Jim Corstorphine
Unfortunately, no photos today.
All entirely the fault of BT OPENREACH who insisted that I was on duty in the Kirkcaldy office from 08:00 (I was there at 07:45!!) until 18:00. Guess what? In the event my prescence wasn't actually required!! (yet again!!)
... and before anyone accuses me of working overtime.. no, I have to take a day off through the week to compensate. B*5tARD5.

Hi Jim

Please call me to discuss the aforementioned accordingly.

Regards
Liv

Dear Liv

GIRUY ..... and leave me alone. Bitch.

Was very frustrating against 10 far less 9 men.Couldn't understand our lack of width against a depleted side.Still a good result which keeps the season alive.
Always believed that one area a manager can influence is discipline on the park - Davie Clarke 's sides were almost always near the top of the fair play league.
The performance of the airdrie manager yesterday showed why his team's red card count is so high.

Airdrie were disgusting but then again they have always fancied themselves as the Scottish Milwall. Their fans are just as despicable and will forever be associated with the escapades of the section B Nazi loving thugs.

The Airdrie lad at the end (no 10 I think) who grabbed the referee when the referee didn't award a penalty should have been off too - that was unbelievable - a player man handling a referee and staying on the park....

Edinburgh EFFC
The Airdrie lad at the end (no 10 I think) who grabbed the referee when the referee didn't award a penalty should have been off too

I think if you raise your hands you would be walking it off the park tae and the referee will wake up this morning with a sare head with the amount of Airdrie players he had to book yestarday, the game could of ending up abandon aswell as they were like a rugby team out there wanting to sign for Glasgow Warriors.