Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
if this is true about deucher no wonder robbo walked

if the rumour is true that the board offered robbo the chance of deucher then where the fuck has this money been all season when we have lost players who wanted to sign because of money ie cowan and shagger . and its no the cup money or robbo would have spent it if given the chance . i think collumbine n co need to have a word with themselves there job is to back the manager not find players . heard him on the radio sayin they done it cos robbo was to loyal to walk . well lets see what they give the next manager to spend. hope im wrong but dont think well get the likes of robbo again as manager for the same reason craw got the job over robbo and bollan because he was the cheap option . lets face it the board havnae put hee haw in since they came in they are in it to look good and boost there own profile same wi this new stadium it will only happen if it lines there pockets .and half our good players only came because of robbo

Re: if this is true about deucher no wonder robbo walked

kceffc
if the rumour is true that the board offered robbo the chance of deucher then where the fuck has this money been all season when we have lost players who wanted to sign because of money ie cowan and shagger . and its no the cup money or robbo would have spent it if given the chance . i think collumbine n co need to have a word with themselves there job is to back the manager not find players . heard him on the radio sayin they done it cos robbo was to loyal to walk . well lets see what they give the next manager to spend. hope im wrong but dont think well get the likes of robbo again as manager for the same reason craw got the job over robbo and bollan because he was the cheap option . lets face it the board havnae put hee haw in since they came in they are in it to look good and boost there own profile same wi this new stadium it will only happen if it lines there pockets .and half our good players only came because of robbo

Ironic that you are having a go at the board for lack of capital

Just a thought but maybe money only became available recently as the cash from the League Cup run came in?

Robertson has only been a qualified success. Yes we came close to the play-offs last season and still in with a shout now, but we have lost more games than we've won and we're only in that position because the rest of the league is absolute garbage. You don't also need a 'big name' or pots of money to get success, just look at Cowden and Arbroath (a team who were in division 3 this time last season remember). What you need is a good moitivator and someone tactically astute at this level. Robertson fell short in both IMO.

MaRY you can pick me up on grammer when you learn where capitals go . thats ironic

kceffc
MaRY you can pick me up on grammer when you learn where capitals go . thats ironic

At least start by getting Deuchar spelt correctly!

as usual more posts of people tryin to be smart than actual opinions never realised we had so many english professers in our ranks . get a life saddos . feel free to tell me what i have typed wrong guys

What is the space between full stops all about ? stop it .

Totally agree with kceffc about the board members tbh.
Only in it for the blazer are most of them and when the going gets tough they are shite bags who only think about lining there own pockets.
Think about the fans for a change - you know the ones who pay week in week out and the ones who keep this club financially stable - they are the real supporters.
Not the clowns running this club like a bowling club committee.
Re-building this club starts from there IMO

kceffc
as usual more posts of people tryin to be smart than actual opinions never realised we had so many english professers in our ranks . get a life saddos . feel free to tell me what i have typed wrong guys

Not got a problem with the grammar, but thought you could have spelt Deuchar correctly that's all.

fiferbaz
Only in it for the blazer are most of them and when the going gets tough they are shite bags who only think about lining there own pockets.
Think about the fans for a change - you know the ones who pay week in week out and the ones who keep this club financially stable - they are the real supporters.

Do directors just get to be a director for nothing then? They don't actually part with any money you reckon? I don't think so mate!

appreciate am not the best authority on all things east fife but what have the board put in ? from my point of view fuckall if they done robbo a favour why no do it when he fell asleep at wheel about dec time ? what they want is to look good but put nothing in well we have enough skint fans we need wealthy directors no second stage football profiteers ie columbine and stevenson no an east fife fan among them only pound signs ie cowden and stenny who shown them the door which we should do if ur no fife aw the way gtf this isnae a time for prize guys we need to build on what we have no accept the pish we have got. and im not talkin about the players just the two bob management . would they run there own company this way . dont think so

kceffc
appreciate am not the best authority on all things east fife but what have the board put in ? from my point of view fuckall if they done robbo a favour why no do it when he fell asleep at wheel about dec time ? what they want is to look good but put nothing in well we have enough skint fans we need wealthy directors no second stage football profiteers ie columbine and stevenson no an east fife fan among them only pound signs ie cowden and stenny who shown them the door which we should do if ur no fife aw the way gtf this isnae a time for prize guys we need to build on what we have no accept the pish we have got. and im not talkin about the players just the two bob management . would they run there own company this way . dont think so

Grow up son!

Not a blazer but...

Grow up son!

Here, Here.

Not a blazer but...
Do directors just get to be a director for nothing then? They don't actually part with any money you reckon? I don't think so mate!

I do.

You dont have to part with money to be a director.

Can you honestly say all the board members are East Fife through and through?? Dont think so mate. We have had a poorly run board since I first started watching the Fife around 1988 IMO.
I would gladly give my last pound to help out East Fife, can we say the same about all the board members??

You need a minimum of £5000 of shares to be a board member

In the know
You need a minimum of £5000 of shares to be a board member

I think you'll find that rule was changed after the Broon era.

fiferbaz

Lining their own pockets?
Way off the mark there, Fiferbaz!
The board of EFFC devote their lives to the club with no financial recompense.
In fact, you'll find in reality it's quite the opposite to your evaluation - there's a actually a board member who devotes his all his spare time to making sure the pitch is playable; there's others who devote all their spare time to raising finance to keep the club operational. Believe me, NOBODY on the board is lining their pockets!!

Im not saying all the board members are in it to line there own pockets but I think some are but thats just my opinion and we are all entitled to an opinion surely. What happened to the money from the cup runs for instance? What happens with the rest of the gate money when say there is 900 supporters for example and the official attendance gets announced as 500 as has been done before. They maybe do raise money behind the scenes but if they actually started listening to the fans and working with us then we could be the force we once were.

"but if they actually started listening to the fans and working with us"

That's crazy talk pal and you know it.

"if they actually started listening to the fans and working with us then we could be the force we once were."

What specifically do you want that can be translated into an action by the board?

If you don't want to publish it here, my email, phone number and other contact details are in the sticky notice at the top of this board - just get in touch.

Think that we should stop criticising the club.

We have an excellent club - lots of volunteers who love the club, a good group of players and I believe that Gordon Durie, as well as being an EF man, has the makings of being an outstanding manager.

Rally round and let's see if we can make the playoffs.

I apologise for maybe being a bit O.T.T but I am probably not the only one that gets frustrated by the ambition that the club is showing when you have the likes of Arbroath and Cowdenbeath who have in my opinion half the fan base of us over excelling us in nearly every department. Its frustrating but its not going to stop me supporting the club through thick and thin.

Fair enough and thanks for that.

Arbroath of course had the very large tv windfall but I've no idea how Cowdenbeath manage with the tiny crowds they have.

The income we got from the Aberdeen/Kilmarnock matches went in part to have a reserve in case of postponements - and we've needed to use it. We lost the hospitality income from Jan 2nd and our figures show that the replayed game only brings in half of the normal income.

Last seaon with the bad winter only additional cash inputs from some of the directors to meet the cashflow problem ensured the players were paid.

We also have the issue of the sea wall to deal with.

Having said that at no point did the board refuse John Robertson funds for players.

Hope this clarifies matters.

Eugene Clarke
"if they actually started listening to the fans and working with us then we could be the force we once were."

What specifically do you want that can be translated into an action by the board?

If you don't want to publish it here, my email, phone number and other contact details are in the sticky notice at the top of this board - just get in touch.

Good to hear some of the inside story on the finances etc Eugene. As a constructive criticism I dont think there has been enough engagement and communication between the board and the ordinary fans to keep them in the loop.New ground situation being a case in point. Its fairly easy to get individual points using the methods you mention. However would it not be better to get a more collective mechanism in place.

I know you have other duties on match days but how about once a month doing a wee fans update/surgery/q&a on the mike in the bar for 15 mins for anyone that interested. In sure Cazza would lend you hers then everyone in the ground could hear it even of they are in the q for the pie stall. People could submit questions via AFTN or your facebook/twitter in the run up to allow you to research responses. Possible?

Interesting suggestion.

Let me have a think about the best way to do this.

Eugene

fiferbaz

As a former committee member The bowling club is well run I will let you know

[
Good to hear some of the inside story on the finances etc Eugene. As a constructive criticism I dont think there has been enough engagement and communication between the board and the ordinary fans to keep them in the loop.New ground situation being a case in point. Its fairly easy to get individual points using the methods you mention. However would it not be better to get a more collective mechanism in place.

I know you have other duties on match days but how about once a month doing a wee fans update/surgery/q&a on the mike in the bar for 15 mins for anyone that interested. In sure Cazza would lend you hers then everyone in the ground could hear it even of they are in the q for the pie stall. People could submit questions via AFTN or your facebook/twitter in the run up to allow you to research responses. Possible?[/quote]

Why do we keep getting mentions of NEW GROUND. It isn't going to happen, just like terracing. I would be happy if we just had enough steak pies for half time. If we can't get that right !!!!!

BT

Why do we keep getting mentions of NEW GROUND. It isn't going to happen, just like terracing.

That'll be because the Club itself announced to the fans and media that there were plans (and displayed some plans at a meeting) for a new ground. As for terracing, Sid said he's a fan of terracing, most fans want terracing and Bayview is soulless and could be great with terracing. It's not a nice place/atmosphere to watch football and we're trying to attract new/lapsed fans like any other team - terracing would help. That's probably why.

And I was making the point that the new ground became the "never going to happen" ground without anyone really knowing when how or why that result came about.

Eugene Clarke
Interesting suggestion.

Eugene

5 min Podacast transmitted at half time with questions comments submitted via here and a bit of decent music interspersed? Cld be done with help of Medja students.

Eugene Clarke
Interesting suggestion.

Eugene

5 min Podacast transmitted at half time with questions comments submitted via here and a bit of decent music interspersed? Cld be done with help of Meidja students.

WFEFM
Eugene Clarke
Interesting suggestion.

Eugene

5 min Podacast transmitted at half time with questions comments submitted via here and a bit of decent music interspersed? Cld be done with help of Meidja students.

I'm just putitng together the details for the podcast and the Q&A session - probably 31st March - and will confirm next Wednesday.

Good stuff!

Fantastic. Is it going to be up on the official site for exiles?

That's the plan.