Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Admission Prices for Tuesday night v Brechin

In response to the extra number of games played recently the Board has reduced the admission prices for our game v Brechin City on Tuesday 6th March to £10 and £5.We also thank you all for your continued support during these difficult financial times.See you all this coming Tuesday,kick-off 7.45pm.

Re: Admission Prices for Tuesday night v Brechin

at last the board has some common sense.. well done!! :P

Nice gesture.

Good stuff. Was swithering about going but will defo head along now.

stuart

Unfortunately you don't seem to have any yourself, by having a cheap jibe at the board!

Sigh!
stuart

Unfortunately you don't seem to have any yourself, by having a cheap jibe at the board!

You should be in your bed.
It is true though,not really a cheap jibe but a fair one,What about those season ticket holders they are not getting anything and they travel to some away games as well,and they have the same costs or more as non-season ticket holders have.here we go

I also saw the board with nice new jackets so they are getting something as well,but not those poor season ticket holders who paid for them most probally.

i'll be watching admission prices to see if this reduction will continue for the remainder of the season (or just apply to midweek games) if so then will have to see if its worthwhile buying another season ticket

nice for the club to keep the prices down due to a mid-week game i think the club has looked at our lack of people attending the game on a tuesday night in the past few weeks when we had games called off, hopefully with the prices down we can get a good crowd through the gate and put bums on seats

This is a bloody outrage!!! Surely common sense should prevail and all current season ticket holders should be compensated with a free pie.

I am outraged as well. People who pay at the gate,
use the bar,buy pies and programmes are not real supporters. The real supporters are the people who have a season ticket,forget it and have to pay at the gate.

Disgusted from Denbeath
This is a bloody outrage!!! Surely common sense should prevail and all current season ticket holders should be compensated with a free pie.

Wait a minute. I'm a season ticket holder who doesn't eat pies!

And they say you can't please all the people all the time.

I`ve heard from a very reliable source who has hinted that the club are hoping to have their very own Man v Food challenge tomorrow.
Basically, from what I have heard,is that if you manage to eat a whole steak pie without any of it`s contents ending up on your clothes, you get £5 off your next season ticket.

A season ticket works out a tenner a game anyway. If you get the early offer it's £8.89 a game.

I've got a season ticket and I'm all for the Club lowering prices - lower them further even....

17s youth squad are pretty much all going to the game tonight i hear

Well,dropping the prices didn`t really swell the coffers in fact we probably made a loss.

Attendee
Well,dropping the prices didn`t really swell the coffers in fact we probably made a loss.

Three main reasons why people dont go as much or stopped going completely...

1)Money is tight
2)More atmosphere on the moon than Bayview. This still applies with a full house btw.
3)The team aren't great are they? Anyone who witnessed the 6-0 thumping by Dumbarton would be put off coming back for a long long time.

Bayview is a good place to come if you fancy picking up points. Just ask Cowdenbeath. They cant wait for Saturday! Easy away win.

Still, it`s a nice pitch.

Opinion
Attendee

1)Money is tight - Yes

2)More atmosphere on the moon than Bayview. This still applies with a full house btw. - Rubbish!

Atmosphere is down to the fans, so you are criticising yourself. And... saying it also applies to a full house tells me you haven't been in Bayview when there has been a full house!

3)The team aren't great are they? Anyone who witnessed the 6-0 thumping by Dumbarton would be put off coming back for a long long time. - Rubbish!

Football teams can get the odd drubbing, but their supporters don't necessarily desert them. I didn't and a few hundred other supporters didn't, because we still go!

Bayview is a good place to come if you fancy picking up points. Just ask Cowdenbeath. They cant wait for Saturday! Easy away win. -

Want a wager on the result on Saturday then? I'm sure you will give me very good odds?

Still, it`s a nice pitch. - Correct!

Another opinion
Opinion
Attendee

1)Money is tight - Yes

2)More atmosphere on the moon than Bayview. This still applies with a full house btw. - Rubbish!

Atmosphere is down to the fans, so you are criticising yourself. And... saying it also applies to a full house tells me you haven't been in Bayview when there has been a full house!

Rubbish! Think back to the lino visit(s) a couple of years back. You could hardly hear them with near 2000 in the stadium. The one stand acoustics just dont work.

3)The team aren't great are they? Anyone who witnessed the 6-0 thumping by Dumbarton would be put off coming back for a long long time. - Rubbish!

Football teams can get the odd drubbing, but their supporters don't necessarily desert them. I didn't and a few hundred other supporters didn't, because we still go!

Rubbish. Dumbarton thumping was just the tip of the iceberg. Too many times this season the team have looked out of sorts, uninterested, second to every ball and lethargic.
And i still go btw. Just not as often as i'd like.
Last night we looked no better.

Bayview is a good place to come if you fancy picking up points. Just ask Cowdenbeath. They cant wait for Saturday! Easy away win. -

Want a wager on the result on Saturday then? I'm sure you will give me very good odds?

Bet you a tenner we get beat!

Opinion
Another opinion
Opinion
Attendee

1)Money is tight - Yes

Rubbish! Think back to the lino visit(s) a couple of years back. You could hardly hear them with near 2000 in the stadium. The one stand acoustics just dont work.

Rubbish. Dumbarton thumping was just the tip of the iceberg. Too many times this season the team have looked out of sorts, uninterested, second to every ball and lethargic.
And i still go btw. Just not as often as i'd like.
Last night we looked no better.

Bet you a tenner we get beat!

What about the odds? I'd get better than evens at the bookies!

just call it £20

Opinion
just call it £20

So that will be 2-1 you're giving me then?

Another opinion
Opinion
just call it £20

I don't go in to bookies. Never have, never will.

If East fife win i'll gladly give you £20.
If Cowdung win, you give me £20.

Do we have a deal?

Opinion
Another opinion
Opinion
just call it £20

I don't go in to bookies. Never have, never will.

If East fife win i'll gladly give you £20.
If Cowdung win, you give me £20.

Do we have a deal?

Eh... check out the prices mate! -

From EF website-

East Fife to win the match are 13/8 and there are more markets available.

If I bet 20 quid on this match, it will be to get more than evens back, if it is the odds available at the bookies! Are you sure you never go to bookies? Tell the truth, yer a bookie, aren't ye??

Or, how about if East Fife win, you give £20 to Cazza for the POTY raffle, but if Cowdenbeath win, I give £30? Feel free to up the amount you would have to pay and I'll match it plus £10.
What I won't do, is let you benefit personally from your 'own' team's loss, if that indeed is what happens!

Give my winnings to Cazza to go towards the youth set up and not POY dance. That shower ain't worth celebrating.

Opinion
Give my winnings to Cazza to go towards the youth set up and not POY dance. That shower ain't worth celebrating.

Eh.... what winnings are you talking about neebs? Are you accepting the bet, now you know the result?

Sigh!
Opinion

Eh.... what winnings are you talking about neebs? Are you accepting the bet, now you know the result?

Take a deep breath and read nice and slowly.

Opinion
Sigh!
Opinion

Take a deep breath and read nice and slowly.

On the contrary, you need to read the posts more carefully, my friend. Besides, irrespective of the score, money would be going Cazza's way for the POTY raffle from me, which by the way, is not for the players as you seem to think!

Can you describe to us all. what you believe a supporter of a football club is?